Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

“Self isolate” does not mean “go out for dinner”.

My 2 year olds just had to self isolate because there's been a case in her nursery bubble and my mrs seemed to thinks that we were still allowed to take her on walks... not sure what part of "isolate" she could misinterpret.

58 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

BTW - Anyone else who was at the game on Sunday, I have written a letter of complaint to them about the handling of Sunday's match.

A mate of mine has already done this a few days ago and they offered him two complimentary tickets to an event of his choice in 2022 as a way of apology.

Who did you write too?

On 7/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, RossTC said:

Ive literally seen vidoes of a bloke on someones shoulders doing keys out of a bag to cheers from a huge crowd. I also saw with my own eyes a good 4 or 5 people in doorways or just in the open doing lines. I mean im not against drugs at all, but i dont see the need for it at a footie match?! Maybe im just getting old and miserable! 

On some level it’s just a form of virtue signalling, isn’t it. That’s why it was performative. Seeking attention and approval from peers eager to approve and legitimise their own behaviour. Showing off with bells on. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

“Self isolate” does not mean “go out for dinner”.

My view is that a double jabbed person who has no symptoms and is testing negative on a daily LFT is unlikely to be spreading Covid. Especially at an outdoor socially distanced dining venue. The rules in my view are disproportionate to the risk and hopefully they change soon. 

Fully respect people who choose to respect the current self-isolation rules though.

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

My view is that a double jabbed person who has no symptoms and is testing negative on a daily LFT is unlikely to be spreading Covid. Especially at an outdoor socially distanced dining venue. The rules in my view are disproportionate to the risk and hopefully they change soon. 

Fully respect people who choose to respect the current self-isolation rules though.

And I have no respect for those who choose not to follow the rules.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m stuck at home isolating, as are a million others. The selfish c**ts in this country are why we keep being reset back to square one.

Yep.

I've cancelled BBQ invites for tonight and Saturday and in a whatsapp group for the BBQ tomorrow I'm getting laughed at for doing it by my friends saying 'no one is bothering anymore' 

(these are people in their late 30s and early 40s btw so not kids)

Edited by gooner1990

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m stuck at home isolating, as are a million others. The selfish c**ts in this country are why we keep being reset back to square one.

Nice 1😀I’d do the same and did in the early instance when I think I got pinged through the ceiling of my neighbour  I guess the topic is more for the shit thread though 🧵 

19 hours ago, Homer said:

Finally had my turn at being pinged last night, saying 'five days'. None of my mates I went to Wembley with have been pinged and my wife hasn't either. 

Do you know if that is from Wembley?  I've been expecting it but nothing so far, did a test on Friday and it was negative.

Also how come the durations of self-isolation for people differ?  I've seen 3, 5, 9 and 10 days.

5 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Do you know if that is from Wembley?  I've been expecting it but nothing so far, did a test on Friday and it was negative.

Also how come the durations of self-isolation for people differ?  I've seen 3, 5, 9 and 10 days.

The app is crap at fully detecting exposure from what I understand and it also varies when the person who was infected took the test. For example I did a isolation period of 7 days as the result took ages to come back so it only notified me after that time 

11 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Well, five days back from Sat night takes me to Monday. The only time I left my flat all day was on the way back from Wembley (we didn't get in until 2am and we were drinking until about 4, so next day was a bit of a write-off!).

So, yeah, am assuming it as from then and the reason it says five days (not 10) is because I've only just been 'linked' to a positive case from then (this is complete guesswork on my part, to be fair!).

Last day of isolation or us lucky Wembley-goers! Gonna do a third post-final LTR test shortly and if it's also negative, will go to (outdoor) football training at 7pm tonight (may be tricky to get a game at midnight).

One question: is it of use for data to record your results online (a bit like a I do most mornings still via that app), or is that only to be done if you need a negative result (like a logged before Wimbledon)?

Edited by Homer

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last day of isolation or us lucky Wembley-goers! Gonna do a third post-final LTR test shortly and if it's also negative, will go to (outdoor) football training at 7pm tonight (may be tricky to get a game at midnight).

I've isolated since last Tuesday, done LFT and PCR both negative, but my work have said they want me to do another LFT this evening before I go in tomorrow! 

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've isolated since last Tuesday, done LFT and PCR both negative, but my work have said they want me to do another LFT this evening before I go in tomorrow! 

Must say I do feel bad for you guys who got pinged early doors. Sun to Weds is prob the ideal time (if any) to have to isolate really (all it's really meant is I've had to exercise at home instead of at the gym for a few days!).

50 minutes ago, Homer said:

Must say I do feel bad for you guys who got pinged early doors. Sun to Weds is prob the ideal time (if any) to have to isolate really (all it's really meant is I've had to exercise at home instead of at the gym for a few days!).

I've not left the house (bar to do my PCR test) since last Tuesday....not helped with all this great weather we are having and then 'freedom' day on Monday.  

At least I'll be allowed out for this weekend when the weather is all due to go to shit! (typical!)

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I've not left the house (bar to do my PCR test) since last Tuesday....not helped with all this great weather we are having and then 'freedom' day on Monday.  

At least I'll be allowed out for this weekend when the weather is all due to go to shit! (typical!)

I've been going wild and occasionally popping to the park next door (sometimes even with my wife and not on my own!). Latest test just came back negative, though, so feel slightly less like an outlaw now.

53 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Are we supporting Team GB in the Olympics? I saw the first half hour today and they looked good.

Football, tennis and golf have no place in the Olympics IMO. The Olympics should be the pinnacle of your sporting achievements and it's not for those sports.

So, no I won't be watching the football.

8 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Football, tennis and golf have no place in the Olympics IMO. The Olympics should be the pinnacle of your sporting achievements and it's not for those sports.

So, no I won't be watching the football.

Likewise, I’ve never cared about football at the Olympics… although I did go to a Team GB game and the final at Wembley during London 2012.