Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

41 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Last 16, Semi and Final. Positive test day after final after starting to get symptoms, must of caught it at the semi and my bet is on the tube post match.

The whole testing thing was an absolute farce, they may aswell not of bothered and if thats the 'testing' to be in place for further unlocking etc again it may aswell go in the bin.

Interesting about the testing procedure. I am volunteering with Oxfam at Latitude and this is their procedure which we have to follow, which as it is a test event run by Festival Republic I assume it is a FR procedure. Is this different to that which you and the other guys had to follow?

Oxfam COVID-19 Testing Procedure 

You are required to take a lateral flow test (LFT) before you arrive and share the results with us to prove that you do not carry the virus. You can order tests online for free HERE or you can ask at your local pharmacy for a pack. You can find your nearest pharmacy HERE.

The test must be carried out on TUESDAY 20th July between 4pm and 10pm

Please can we ask you to do the test as close as possible to 4pm and email it through to us as soon as it is complete.  This will enable us to do as much checking as possible during Tuesday evening – which will be a big help! 

In order for this to be valid we need you to follow the instructions below. This should take around 30 minutes:

- Take a picture of the test next to your photo ID (which shows your name and face) before taking the test. This needs to show your ID alongside the LFT so that the digits underneath the QR code can be read in the picture.

- Take the test as per the instruction booklet and wait the 30 minutes required to show the result.

- Upload your results to the official NHS website HERE. Please make sure to fill in your email address to get a copy of the record.

- Take a picture of your ID alongside the completed test, again making sure the digits underneath the QR code are legible.

- If your test is negative, forward your NHS email confirming your negative test result with the subject line "Latitude LFT Results" to us at xxxxxx and attach the before and after pictures of the LFT with your photo ID. Please you send just one email, with the subject line above. 

- If your test is positive, please forward the NHS email confirming this test result and attach the before and after pictures of your test to xxxxxxx and we will cancel your place. You will need to self isolate in line with government guidance 

Please make sure you email your proof on Tuesday eveningbefore 10pm, otherwise you will not be granted access to site. As mentioned above, please do this as soon as you possibly can on Tuesday. 

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I mean I know it’s The Sun but they need to realise that a load of cans and cocaine was what a lot of people were on Sunday. 

40B17921-B58B-407B-87C4-9762909905EE.jpeg

Ive literally seen vidoes of a bloke on someones shoulders doing keys out of a bag to cheers from a huge crowd. I also saw with my own eyes a good 4 or 5 people in doorways or just in the open doing lines. I mean im not against drugs at all, but i dont see the need for it at a footie match?! Maybe im just getting old and miserable! 

12 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Interesting about the testing procedure. I am volunteering with Oxfam at Latitude and this is their procedure which we have to follow, which as it is a test event run by Festival Republic I assume it is a FR procedure. Is this different to that which you and the other guys had to follow?

Oxfam COVID-19 Testing Procedure 

You are required to take a lateral flow test (LFT) before you arrive and share the results with us to prove that you do not carry the virus. You can order tests online for free HERE or you can ask at your local pharmacy for a pack. You can find your nearest pharmacy HERE.

The test must be carried out on TUESDAY 20th July between 4pm and 10pm

Please can we ask you to do the test as close as possible to 4pm and email it through to us as soon as it is complete.  This will enable us to do as much checking as possible during Tuesday evening – which will be a big help! 

In order for this to be valid we need you to follow the instructions below. This should take around 30 minutes:

- Take a picture of the test next to your photo ID (which shows your name and face) before taking the test. This needs to show your ID alongside the LFT so that the digits underneath the QR code can be read in the picture.

- Take the test as per the instruction booklet and wait the 30 minutes required to show the result.

- Upload your results to the official NHS website HERE. Please make sure to fill in your email address to get a copy of the record.

- Take a picture of your ID alongside the completed test, again making sure the digits underneath the QR code are legible.

- If your test is negative, forward your NHS email confirming your negative test result with the subject line "Latitude LFT Results" to us at xxxxxx and attach the before and after pictures of the LFT with your photo ID. Please you send just one email, with the subject line above. 

- If your test is positive, please forward the NHS email confirming this test result and attach the before and after pictures of your test to xxxxxxx and we will cancel your place. You will need to self isolate in line with government guidance 

Please make sure you email your proof on Tuesday eveningbefore 10pm, otherwise you will not be granted access to site. As mentioned above, please do this as soon as you possibly can on Tuesday. 

Ah they are trying to stop people forging the results or not even doing the tests with the photo and ID next to the lateral flows, that's good. As for Wembley all you had to do was present the text or email of the 'result'. I guarantee not everyone was doing it and probably as the tournament went on less did as people realised you could just put the barcode into the nhs app without doing it to get a 'result'

2 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Ive literally seen vidoes of a bloke on someones shoulders doing keys out of a bag to cheers from a huge crowd. I also saw with my own eyes a good 4 or 5 people in doorways or just in the open doing lines. I mean im not against drugs at all, but i dont see the need for it at a footie match?! Maybe im just getting old and miserable! 

That is the lad who was on top of someone's shoulders doing gear.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15595227/yob-flare-bum-strolled-into-wembley/

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't get why I have to isolate until next Wednesday even though my LFT and PCR have both come back negative. 😞

Thats really crap, if it was me id keep doing LFT until maybe Sunday then make a judgement call! 

Obviously i don't have that choice, however i do feel a lot better today fortunately! 

3 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Thats really crap, if it was me id keep doing LFT until maybe Sunday then make a judgement call! 

Obviously i don't have that choice, however i do feel a lot better today fortunately! 

The third one down applies to me but I don’t get why when I have done LFT and PCR and I’ve come back clean.

3B456CEE-574B-4B35-9137-D608BB985639.png

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Tickets for the Women's tournament next summer on sale. Fraction of the price and no doubt way less c**ts about. Copped two tickets for the England game in Brighton, 15 quid each.

Yeah we got tickets to the final at Wembley, pretty reasonable too.

God the more I look at it the happier I am I wasn’t there on Sunday.

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

Yeah we got tickets to the final at Wembley, pretty reasonable too.

God the more I look at it the happier I am I wasn’t there on Sunday.

Will be a much better atmosphere. Looked horrid didn't it. Shameful display.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

That is the lad who was on top of someone's shoulders doing gear.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15595227/yob-flare-bum-strolled-into-wembley/

To be clear I'm not condoning what he did. Obviously its a massive safety risk having more people in the ground than there should be and its totally unfair if someone who paid for a ticket couldn't get in their seat because of him.

But reading that he paid £150 to a steward and £100 to a ticket holder so cost him £250 in total got me thinking. That's a lot of money, but it's still a fraction of the cost of a genuine ticket. Was UEFAs pricing part of the problem? If the tickets were priced at £150 would he have spent £250 bribing his way in? Suppose demand was always going to exceed supply for England being in the final at home, so maybe its a moot point.

9 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

To be clear I'm not condoning what he did. Obviously its a massive safety risk having more people in the ground than there should be and its totally unfair if someone who paid for a ticket couldn't get in their seat because of him.

But reading that he paid £150 to a steward and £100 to a ticket holder so cost him £250 in total got me thinking. That's a lot of money, but it's still a fraction of the cost of a genuine ticket. Was UEFAs pricing part of the problem? If the tickets were priced at £150 would he have spent £250 bribing his way in? Suppose demand was always going to exceed supply for England being in the final at home, so maybe its a moot point.

I think a lot of them chanced it because they knew, once they were in there were (offically) 25,000 empty seats to choose from and stand in.

Had a phone call from the brother-in-law who I was at Wembley with to say he's tested positive, I did a test and mine is negative.  He did say he had 2 lads in his junior team test positive who he trained on Tuesday so he may have caught it then.

BTW - Anyone else who was at the game on Sunday, I have written a letter of complaint to them about the handling of Sunday's match.

A mate of mine has already done this a few days ago and they offered him two complimentary tickets to an event of his choice in 2022 as a way of apology.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Snap!

E72A852C-ACF9-44CC-81AB-095E6EE63AB8.png

I have also finally been pinged from Wembley. 

I am double jabbed 14 days before Wembley and LFT are negative. 

Planning to go to dinner tonight. Will the app let me check in and if it does will I get in trouble for not self-isolating?

5 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

I have also finally been pinged from Wembley. 

I am double jabbed 14 days before Wembley and LFT are negative. 

Planning to go to dinner tonight. Will the app let me check in and if it does will I get in trouble for not self-isolating?

“Self isolate” does not mean “go out for dinner”.