Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

14 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Sounds like we had remarkably similar experiences. I also took in Leicester Square and Covent Garden that was just total chaos it was like London had fallen to mob rule.

Such a depressing end to an otherwise brilliant couple of weeks and a positive covid test on my return to top it off! 

I didn't go anywhere bar the Wembley area....when I left my hotel yesterday morning it looked like the Sunday night on the Pyramid field when the headliners have finished.

Depressing. 😞

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I didn't go anywhere bar the Wembley area....when I left my hotel yesterday morning it looked like the Sunday night on the Pyramid field when the headliners have finished.

Depressing. 😞

The whole of London looked totally trashed, must of taken some serious man power to clean it up yesterday.

I'm absolutely amazed nobody was killed or seriously injured that im aware of on Sunday, total and utter chaos. 

I wonder if the general behaviour (from people around the ground and the city as a whole) in addition to the break-in, not to mention the fine that had to be dished out after the Denmark game would make the football authorities think twice about holding a competition solely in England in the near future? 

It is the epitome of the phrase "that's why we can't have nice things"

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wonder if the general behaviour (from people around the ground and the city as a whole) in addition to the break-in, not to mention the fine that had to be dished out after the Denmark game would make the football authorities think twice about holding a competition solely in England in the near future? 

Russia and Qatar have hosted/are hosting world cups. The only concern to the authorities is who can stuff the most cash into their pockets.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It will be used as a beating stick and quite rightly so but as the other comment says its all about money to Fifa and Uefa anyhow!

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Its such a shame that when the big tournaments come round (especially the ones held close to England) that every chavvy c**t from every town in England join forces to create scenes like we saw on Sunday.

Spoils it for everyone else.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sounds like so many people had a shit experience on Sunday.

The time in the hotel before the game was good...but we were only there so long to avoid the c**ts on Wembley Way.

The time after in the hotel was good until people decided to continue making a racket till gone 4am.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Russia and Qatar have hosted/are hosting world cups. The only concern to the authorities is who can stuff the most cash into their pockets.

Fair point. Both have terrible human rights records but as you infer, that's clearly unimportant to the governing bodies. 

I guess my point is, should we feel the need to bid to organise an event in the future, we've given UEFA and FIFA (and maybe the nominating countries within it) some significant reasons for us not to be awarded it. And for the well-behaved, tolerant, passionate and welcoming football fans in this country (which is the vast majority), that's a huge shame.

I've not attended an international competition abroad, maybe some of you have? Have you ever seen or experienced such anti-social behaviour from within the hosting countries? Or have they been more of a celebration, welcoming everyone in from all parts of the world?

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There’s only one thing England need to remember when bidding for the World Cup…

1AECC1F4-9D05-4A03-AFD5-7D37083BF879.gif

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fair point. Both have terrible human rights records but as you infer, that's clearly unimportant to the governing bodies. 

I guess my point is, should we feel the need to bid to organise an event in the future, we've given UEFA and FIFA (and maybe the nominating countries within it) some significant reasons for us not to be awarded it. And for the well-behaved, tolerant, passionate and welcoming football fans in this country (which is the vast majority), that's a huge shame.

I've not attended an international competition abroad, maybe some of you have? Have you ever seen or experienced such anti-social behaviour from within the hosting countries? Or have they been more of a celebration, welcoming everyone in from all parts of the world?

They’ve been magnificent celebrations. People of different nationalities, colours, creeds coming together in commeraderie and shared love of the game….

Until the England fans arrive.

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I went to the World Cup in Germany in 2006.

The only people I saw acting like twats were England fans.

I went to a few games but the big thing for me was going to England v Paraguay in Frankfurt and then Portugal v Angola in Colonge on consecutive days.  

England in Frankfurt was brainless yobs wanting to fight anyone they could find and singing WW2 stuff, plus all the normal anti-social behaviour.

Portugal v Angola was great...like a celebration of life and different cultures celebrating their love of football and most noticably for me, hardly any alcohol being drank. 

Edited by gooner1990

@Hugh Jass If you find yourself with a spare hour watch this....the first segment is all undercover reporters with England fans in Frankfurt the night before the game I went to.

Place was like a war zone when I turned up, and I can remember being suprised at the time how little of it went reported, I think most of the media attention went on when England fans were fighting with Germans before we played Equador in Stuttgart.

It's such a shame after all the positivity from the competition, the majority of the talk post-final is about the English "fans" behaviour and not the potential that this young squad has. If I were the governing body, I'd hold every tournament as far away from England as possible, in countries least accessible to the dickheads or with a zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour. There won't be any issues in Qatar, there weren't any (or many) issues in Japan, South Africa, Brazil or Russia. Canada, Mexico and the US should be great in 2026. Hopefully a real celebration of the sport and multi-culturalism. 

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

@Hugh Jass If you find yourself with a spare hour watch this....the first segment is all undercover reporters with England fans in Frankfurt the night before the game I went to.

Place was like a war zone when I turned up, and I can remember being suprised at the time how little of it went reported, I think most of the media attention went on when England fans were fighting with Germans before we played Equador in Stuttgart.

I was at the Ecuador game. The day before was absolutely brilliant, watched the Germany game on the big screen with all the locals, had an amazing time. The next day was so different, place was taken over by complete idiots. Constant backdrop of noise of sirens and breaking glass. Got out of town as soon as possible after. 

Would love to go to a tournament again, but would stay clear of England games.

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In theory the organisation should be less corrupt now as a hell of a lot of the dodgy have ended up in jail since those hosts were selected:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case#Convicted_defendants

6 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I was at the Ecuador game. The day before was absolutely brilliant, watched the Germany game on the big screen with all the locals, had an amazing time. The next day was so different, place was taken over by complete idiots. Constant backdrop of noise of sirens and breaking glass. Got out of town as soon as possible after. 

Would love to go to a tournament again, but would stay clear of England games.

I was home by then, but went back out for the Portugal quarter final in Gelsenkirchen..four of us took £250 each for tickets from a tout and they were going for over £400 so we didn't bother...we stayed in Dusseldorf for two nights so were a bit out of the way which was fine as there were a few other England fans doing the same and it was nice and civilsed. 

When we got to Gelsenkirchen on the day of the game.....The entire city was full of England fans, the city centre, Schalke's old stadium, the ground the game was being played in and we ended up watching it on a big screen in Gelsenkirchen's racetrack. Apprently the German and British police suddenly realised how many people were heading out ticketless and put it up at the last minute.

Once we had lost the game on penalties all the big groups of lads turned on each other and started fighting.....I got attacked by a group of Middlesborough fans when I was sitting on my own waiting for my friends to come back from the toilet and luckily some West Ham fans stood nearby waded in and got them off me.

We got back into Gelsenkirchen and went to get some food before our train to Dusseldorf and there was a massive fight between Leicster and Derby fans going on and on our train back to Dusseldorf a load of young lads were abusing the few Portugal fans that were at the game.

Sigh.

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I was home by then, but went back out for the Portugal quarter final in Gelsenkirchen..four of us took £250 each for tickets from a tout and they were going for over £400 so we didn't bother...we stayed in Dusseldorf for two nights so were a bit out of the way which was fine as there were a few other England fans doing the same and it was nice and civilsed. 

When we got to Gelsenkirchen on the day of the game.....The entire city was full of England fans, the city centre, Schalke's old stadium, the ground the game was being played in and we ended up watching it on a big screen in Gelsenkirchen's racetrack. Apprently the German and British police suddenly realised how many people were heading out ticketless and put it up at the last minute.

Once we had lost the game on penalties all the big groups of lads turned on each other and started fighting.....I got attacked by a group of Middlesborough fans when I was sitting on my own waiting for my friends to come back from the toilet and luckily some West Ham fans stood nearby waded in and got them off me.

We got back into Gelsenkirchen and went to get some food before our train to Dusseldorf and there was a massive fight between Leicster and Derby fans going on and on our train back to Dusseldorf a load of young lads were abusing the few Portugal fans that were at the game.

Sigh.

Why is always our lot? I know other countries have issues with c**ts at football but we have always been the worst.

42 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Sigh.

How did you know who the various groups were supporting? Do people wear club colours to England games? Went to loads of Scotland home games and one away game and nobody wears club colours and you'd get pelters if you did. 

2 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

How did you know who the various groups were supporting? Do people wear club colours to England games? Went to loads of Scotland home games and one away game and nobody wears club colours and you'd get pelters if you did. 

One of them had a Middlesbrough shirt on, and they had a big Middlesbrough/England flag. Found out the other group were West Ham afterwards.

As for the Leicester v Derby incident...both sides were chanting their own teams name then went toe to toe on the street.