Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

2 hours ago, Homer said:

What time are those who have been before heading up? I think we'll prob get into Wembley about 4.30/5. That about right?

Getting to Wembley about 4ish then soak up the atmosphere on Wembley Way, but if it gets a bit crowded will head round to Wembley arena and have a few cans there. 

40 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Getting to Wembley about 4ish then soak up the atmosphere on Wembley Way, but if it gets a bit crowded will head round to Wembley arena and have a few cans there. 

Think that’s what we are now doing....I’ve been told to meet outside Wembley Library now!

11 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Anyone started drinking yet?

Not yet, tea and toast atm, bottle of red has been cracked open though as Mrs oneeye has been cooking a chilli this morning, the bottle keeps looking at me each time I go into the kitchen; it's only a matter of time...

As a footnote, tv coverage this evening, what's people's thoughts, BBC or ITV?

There were apparently lots of blokes on the 8.45am London train my girlfriend was on this morning who she overheard saying 'we need to find a pub first and then breakfast' so yeah, it's gonna be a messy one and very much why I am watching it at home! 😄 

Edited by cdm22

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Shout out to all the people who go too hard during the day and either miss and/or completely forget the match. Judging by the amount of people I saw out this morning already well on it, it’ll be a lot. 

good pacing is an essential skill, especially if you're going into the ground to not drink for 2 hours and end up hungover part way through the second half

1 hour ago, august1 said:

good pacing is an essential skill, especially if you're going into the ground to not drink for 2 hours and end up hungover part way through the second half

Ha! Yeah, when I used to go to Man Utd games home & away, the number of times the hangover kicked in during the game!

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Shout out to all the people who go too hard during the day and either miss and/or completely forget the match. Judging by the amount of people I saw out this morning already well on it, it’ll be a lot. 

It's the lad you always see at Glastonbury wearing a muddy banana man outfit, remnants of some tiger face paint and a tinny in his hand stumbling around at 4pm... you ain't gonna make it to the headliner pal.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone in Liverpool able to give me a good sitrep? Gonna head out soon but wonder if everywhere is full already

Didn't look too busy when I was out an hour ago. Where you planning to head? I'll be watching in the Baltic I think.

All the best to England tonight,  I’ve been to a few ‘this might never happen again games in my lifetime’ and savoured them irrespective of the result. It’s a bit like getting a Glasto  ticket, you never know of you will ever get one again!   Enjoy it everyone!   Fitbaw, ye canny beat it!