Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

And that was after a win! Imagine if England had lost?

Obviously not in the same league, but just after the match my brother (disclaimer, he's a bit of a c**t) posted a picture of a hand giving the middle finger with a red cross over it. Who was that too? Why wasn't he just celebrating the win rather than telling the world to fuck off? What is wrong with these people? (see above for answer) He's 51 for fuck's sake.

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

With ITV having Sam Matterface, why would ITV even bother?

He's absolutely shocking. Every time there's any sort of set piece within 50 yards of the opposition goal, he comes out with some melodramatic nonsense ("I wonder, I wonder" "it couldn't be, could it" etc). 

Shameless attempts to try and get a memorable quote to raise his profile ala Tyldesley and "can Manchester united score, they always score". 

8 minutes ago, El Matador said:

He's absolutely shocking. Every time there's any sort of set piece within 50 yards of the opposition goal, he comes out with some melodramatic nonsense ("I wonder, I wonder" "it couldn't be, could it" etc). 

Shameless attempts to try and get a memorable quote to raise his profile ala Tyldesley and "can Manchester united score, they always score". 

He's just trying to get a sports based panel show named after his quote in 30 years time

49 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

He's just trying to get a sports based panel show named after his quote in 30 years time

I read somewhere that he pre-writes them whereas Tyldesley always would say his lines off the cuff - just so extensive research and make loads of notes.

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I read somewhere that he pre-writes them whereas Tyldesley always would say his lines off the cuff - just so extensive research and make loads of notes.

It definitely sounds like he's reading from a script a lot of the time. It's dreadful to listen to. 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone got butterflies yet...?

Got a busy weekend with family stuff, off on a canal boat day trip tomorrow. It’s quite a good thing, I don’t have time to get nervous 😂

The BBC have got a live countdown page going already - think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen that the day before an event!

7 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Got a busy weekend with family stuff, off on a canal boat day trip tomorrow. It’s quite a good thing, I don’t have time to get nervous 😂

The BBC have got a live countdown page going already - think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen that the day before an event!

I imagine it's torturous for those with tickets. Bet they wish the game was tonight!

14 hours ago, fred quimby said:

So do we have any superstition/rituals that will be followed on Sunday

I’ve worn my same Subbuteo T-shirt with little England players on it for every match we’ve played so will be doing so again.

As I said yesterday, I’m oddly not nervous about this match. Just hope our players are as relaxed (Pickford and Phillips especially had wobbles in the first half against Denmark. Hope they don’t let King Shithouse Chiellini get inside their heads).