Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

On 7/8/2021 at 12:14 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I know what you’re all asking and yes, it’s true…

I SAW THE CAR IN PERSON!!!

14619092-D2DF-4408-9BCC-2496B0E8ABBD.jpeg

Just for you - it has its own account:

I'm currently working in the really, er, rustic end of an eastern European state and the local opinion here is that although the vast majority are supporting Italy due to proximity, most think that England will be too quick for them due to age and mobility, if that makes anyone feel better for an assessment from a neutral third country. 

I would definitely be starting Sancho over Saka but otherwise unchanged from Wednesday. I don't think Saka played well if I am honest and I think Sancho offers a lot more end-product/threat on the right hand side, which happens to be where the Italy defence is also weakest. 

Having just watched the semi highlights, this feels like a decent time to get to a final to me. Although Italy are decent, in different years we would have been up against opposition who have been head and shoulders above the rest of the teams and would have steamrollered us in the final (Germany, Holland, Spain, France on different occasions). They're a v good side, but I'm not sure they're at that level - so we should be pretty happy with what we've got.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wembley doesn't have restricted view - does it?

No, there are no pillars. That's what the arch actually does - it supports the whole stadium (I thought it was just for show before I did a tour through work).

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Cat 1 at 945 and Cat 1 Restricted View at 755 showing as available for me.. Can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger at those prices so hopefully something in 2 or 3 shows up.

try to buy it comes up with an error (trying to get one for my brother)

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I see the game on Sunday is being broadcast on both BBC and ITV, is there any bigger signifier of a massive match than being broadcast on both major channels? 

And who exactly is watching on ITV?

Back in the late 90s/early 00s Sky and ITV used to share the FA Cup Final coverage and I always used to watch on SKY.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see the game on Sunday is being broadcast on both BBC and ITV, is there any bigger signifier of a massive match than being broadcast on both major channels? 

The  finals of the Euros/World Cup are always on both BBC/ITV, regardless of who's in it

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

About 20-30% of people watch on ITV over BBC believe it or not!

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Honestly with the BBC having that UHD service why would ITV even bother.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The finals of all world cups and euros are usually on both channels.