Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

25 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Key point in bold.

My mate has just come up with the perfect solution...

We've been three times now. Each time before you get to the stadium you go through the COVID and ticket checkpoint, but nobody ever checks bags. Nothing stopping us walking straight down Wembley Way with  small bag with a couple of cans in, going through the checkpoints then sitting outside the stadium with a beer. Will be quieter and less moody beyond there.

Only just seen this angle of the penalty decision last night - as Doyle tweets here, there is clear contact with his right knee. So probably wasn’t as soft a penalty as it initially appeared. Not sure why ITV didn’t make more of this angle in the analysis. 

Edited by st dan

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My mate has just come up with the perfect solution...

We've been three times now. Each time before you get to the stadium you go through the COVID and ticket checkpoint, but nobody ever checks bags. Nothing stopping us walking straight down Wembley Way with  small bag with a couple of cans in, going through the checkpoints then sitting outside the stadium with a beer. Will be quieter and less moody beyond there.

My brother had his bag checked at the bottom of the steps before the Germany game just after the COVID/ticket checkpoint.  We had to wait for him as he had to go round to another queue (he had come straight from work)

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My brother had his bag checked at the bottom of the steps before the Germany game just after the COVID/ticket checkpoint.  We had to wait for him as he had to go round to another queue (he had come straight from work)

Hmm… some sort of sneaky strategy required…

Also - just how good was that 3/4 minute period of keeping the ball towards the second half of extra time?
I can’t recall a team I’ve watched keeping possession so comfortably like that for so long, rather than just running into the corner flag and giving away an inevitable foul or goal kick or throw in.  It really killed any potential nervy moments that I think we were all expecting. 

46 minutes ago, st dan said:

Also - just how good was that 3/4 minute period of keeping the ball towards the second half of extra time?
I can’t recall a team I’ve watched keeping possession so comfortably like that for so long, rather than just running into the corner flag and giving away an inevitable foul or goal kick or throw in.  It really killed any potential nervy moments that I think we were all expecting. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, st dan said:

That was very good, but let’s not forget immediately before that they went through a bit of a nervy spell with a few wobbly moments from Pickford, IIRC?

Thats not meant as harsh criticism at all - in fact I was super impressed they got themselves together and back into a slick passing game to close out the match. England teams of old would have fallen apart and found some way to concede a goal… 

It just bothered me a bit ‘cos it seemed like a passage of a few minutes where a top side could have got through (no disrespect to Denmark). If they can eliminate even those brief interludes then genuinely they could beat anyone.

Says a lot about this England team I’m demanding perfection 😂 Thing is though I think they’re capable of it. A few years ago just not embarrassing themselves would have been a result…!

Just got home, missed my train back to Bristol last night so crashed in mates hotel and limped back this morning. I didn't think the Germany game could be topped for occasion but this was incredible. So so tense, but ultimately the best team won. Just! Hoping to be there Sunday!2.thumb.jpg.97e0630841f9e415d835cc62a5dcf3e3.jpg1.thumb.jpg.c4f69a29f77f13e0910fa0eeda12f5b9.jpg 

24 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I had to Google it and now wish I hadn't... I implore others not to do so.

If that was something Cassette Boy put together I'd probably be laughing right now.

But it's real. It's actually real 😟