Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I fucking hate ITV. Their hub thing kept failing on us mi-match yesterday. So frustrating.

I still can't believe England are in the final! I'm old enough to remember the Southgate penalty in 1996, this feels a long way from those days.

Earlier in the tournament my Freeview was playing up so I was watching on the ITV hub and it was nothing short of embarrassing. Genuinely couldn't watch the game. Glad to have it sorted by last night. 

27 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Funny how lots of people are telling me I'm 'lucky' to have a ticket and someone has already offered to buy mine off me for £1,500.

The same people who told me 18 months ago I was stupid to pay £500 for a game that could have been Switzerland v Turkey.

This is once in a lifetime, to be able to take my son to this game is priceless and give us the greatest memories that he can talk about for the rest of his life, no money can buy that. 

Tickets will go for ridiculous prices now but it's the best £500 a ticket I've spent.

6 minutes ago, Padgey said:

This is once in a lifetime, to be able to take my son to this game is priceless and give us the greatest memories that he can talk about for the rest of his life, no money can buy that. 

Tickets will go for ridiculous prices now but it's the best £500 a ticket I've spent.

Spot on, great outlook! Memories like this and Sunday will last a lifetime. Just hope that people with a ticket don't get carried away with what people are offering for it because as an England fan, who knows when we'll be able to do this again?

45 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I fucking hate ITV. Their hub thing kept failing on us mi-match yesterday. So frustrating.

I still can't believe England are in the final! I'm old enough to remember the Southgate penalty in 1996, this feels a long way from those days.

28 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Earlier in the tournament my Freeview was playing up so I was watching on the ITV hub and it was nothing short of embarrassing. Genuinely couldn't watch the game. Glad to have it sorted by last night. 

Compared to the BBC UHD service they’ve just rolled out ITV looks like it belongs in 2007

40 minutes ago, jyoung said:

We don't have an aerial set up so can only watch via the hub annoyingly! So frustrating. If you have to watch ads then it should at least bloody work.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We don't have an aerial set up so can only watch via the hub annoyingly! So frustrating. If you have to watch ads then it should at least bloody work.

Did it keep cutting out? It went down in the pub we were in 8 mins before kick off! Luckily my mate lives right next door so we abandoned and went straight to his via the offie.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I'll allow myself to have 3 or 4 but once you start heading towards the 6-7 pint mark then you're in trouble (if nothing else i find you just can't concentrate on a football match after that amount)

What was it like last night in general? Few of my mates went and said the atmosphere was tense in ground but great outside afterwards.

Atmosphere was good inside the ground I thought. Was pretty moody outside beforehand though, seemed to be a lot of dickheads about, more so than the Germany game for sure.

Mate said it reminded him of Silver Hayes on a Thursday night.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Atmosphere was good inside the ground I thought. Was pretty moody outside beforehand though, seemed to be a lot of dickheads about, more so than the Germany game for sure.

Mate said it reminded him of Silver Hayes on a Thursday night.

Oh no, that's not good.

Was it just general anti-social behaviour or something more?

Hoping its not like that for the final. 😕

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Did it keep cutting out? It went down in the pub we were in 8 mins before kick off! Luckily my mate lives right next door so we abandoned and went straight to his via the offie.

Yeah several times in the second half. It's happened for a few of the matches too. Pretty unacceptable - if they can't cope they shouldn't get the games.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Oh no, that's not good.

Was it just general anti-social behaviour or something more?

Hoping its not like that for the final. 😕

Yeah just general obnoxiousness, loads of kids (18-24) acting like big men on their big day out.

It'll be like that again on Sunday I'm sure.