Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting... when I looked in a few places post match (the Sainsburys, the Amazon place, the Co-Op) they definitely weren't selling booze. We also tried to get into the Ibis bar but it was people staying only.

We had an hour to kill before our train back to Oxford after the Czech Rep game and were allowed in and to buy a drink at the Ibis bar.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the result of a lateral flow test via email or text please? Just done one and need to be able to produce the evidence tomorrow morning.

Do you mean PCR? Lateral flow are the ones you do yourself and see the result after 30 minutes. If you log the result online the email confirming is pretty much instant in my experience. PCR can take up to 72 hours for results but usually quicker

I’ve just added up how much my trip to Rome cost and it came in at 1700 euros for 2 of us, which is quite frankly a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a football match, although we did have a morning and afternoon doing touristy things in Rome as well. The flights cost more than the tickets, all very short notice so we ended up paying way over the odds to fly. I guess I can justify it by it being a one off and I will probably never see England in a knockout game away again. Plus after the year or so we have had, sod it, it’s  what credit cards are for. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Smeble said:

I’ve just added up how much my trip to Rome cost and it came in at 1700 euros for 2 of us, which is quite frankly a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a football match, although we did have a morning and afternoon doing touristy things in Rome as well. The flights cost more than the tickets, all very short notice so we ended up paying way over the odds to fly. I guess I can justify it by it being a one off and I will probably never see England in a knockout game away again. Plus after the year or so we have had, sod it, it’s  what credit cards are for. 

Think of the memories though, it sounded like you had a great time and I'm sure you have no regrets.

Hopefully we get through to the final then I have the opportunity to take my little lad, I may never get the chance to do that again at such a big tournament, the tickets are expensive but the memories will be forever.

16 hours ago, incident said:

With the goofy 5 nations bid (as seems to be the current plan)? There's so many moving parts if the negotiations becoming 6 way affairs (the 5 national associations/governments and UEFA) that it'll inevitably go wrong, plus there's all the creative solutions that'll need to be found for things like host nation qualification - unlike CONCACF with the US/Mexico/Canada bid, I can't see UEFA members being that keen to give up 5 of their 16 spots so a solution/compromise of some sort would be needed which would inevitably mark one or more nation as a lesser/unimportant partner in the endeavour..

It almost feels like a bid that's outright designed to fail, with a nice idea of a "stronger together" bid inevitably being weaker in the end when one (or more) country falls short on some aspect. Arguably that did already happen in the Euro 2008 bidding when Scotland probably could have won it by themselves but instead tried to bring in Ireland, who screwed up their part good and proper by offering up a stadium that wasn't fit for purpose, a stadium that at the time wasn't allowed to host football, and a field on the outskirts of town.

Yeh I can see your point there.......I think England is more than capable of hosting a World Cup on its own...even with an expanded tournament to now feature 48 teams that only needs 16 venues and we have enough decent stadiums and facilities to do that.

I actually think spreading it with the other home nations weakens the bid.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I can see your point there.......I think England is more than capable of hosting a World Cup on its own...even with an expanded tournament to now feature 48 teams that only needs 16 venues and we have enough decent stadiums and facilities to do that.

I actually think spreading it with the other home nations weakens the bid.

England are one of the few countries on the planet with the stadia and infrastructure to host a tournament tomorrow if needed. You need ten stadia and assuming a decent geographical spread…

Wembley, Emirates/Spurs ground (let them fight over it), Old Trafford, Etihad, Anfield, St James Park, Villa Park, Elland Road, King Power, St Mary’s.

Hell, you could almost hold a tournament solely in London these days.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

England are one of the few countries on the planet with the stadia and infrastructure to host a tournament tomorrow if needed. You need ten stadia and assuming a decent geographical spread…

Wembley, Emirates/Spurs ground (let them fight over it), Old Trafford, Etihad, Anfield, St James Park, Villa Park, Elland Road, King Power, St Mary’s.

Hell, you could almost hold a tournament solely in London these days.

Don't forget by then there will be a new ground for Everton and also some of the grounds in the South West should be decent enough (Plymouth, Bristol City, Reading etc)

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Italy v Spain still on open sale (cat 1 & 2)

Mad to think they cant sell this out, but at those prices its not surprising that neutrals are unwilling to buy! The greed of Uefa is disgraceful. 

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Mad to think they cant sell this out, but at those prices its not surprising that neutrals are unwilling to buy! The greed of Uefa is disgraceful. 

Semi finals are 595 euros, Cat 1, and 345, Cat 2

14 hours ago, Smeble said:

I’m in a different position where I was supposed to be going to Rome for the Wales match but we weren’t allowed in.All in all the trip came to just over £850 but that was for 3 nights in Rome.

I’ve still got the flight and hotel voucher so will still be heading to Rome at some stage early next year but won’t be watching any footy unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, RossTC said:

I would have gone to both games if the prices were a little more reasonable.

I notice a lot of tickets being offered for Englands game on Twitter tomorrow night...seems like a lot of people bought them to sell for an inflated price and now can't shift them.