Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

1 minute ago, st dan said:

I’d start the same team on Wednesday I think, for me Sancho just gives us the spark that Saka doesn’t quite have yet, but I’d be happy with either. 
Wouldn’t mind Grealish starting ahead of Mount too, but that’s very unlikely. 

I think go same as.

Southgate tends to go three at the back for the teams who pose more of a threat and four when we're expected to have more of the ball. I expect Wednesday to be the latter and realistically nobody from that side deserves dropping.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I’d be amazed if he played the same team.  Denmark’s biggest attacking outlet is their wingback Maehle (spelling), there is no way in the world it’s be sensible to have Sancho covering him.

Are Denmark a good enough side to set up to nullify their strengths though? I wouldn’t have said so. 
Whilst it made sense against the Germans, I think the same side as Saturday would comfortably see them off. If anything, they should be the ones worrying about us, and not the other way round. 

18 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

UEFA just digitally sent my ticket for the final through...block 128 so lower tier by the corner flag.

Pray for £500 its the result I want!

Just had my final ticket through...

Block 538 so up behind the goal... but second row so should be a perfect view of Harry lifting the trophy.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Are Denmark a good enough side to set up to nullify their strengths though? I wouldn’t have said so. 
Whilst it made sense against the Germans, I think the same side as Saturday would comfortably see them off. If anything, they should be the ones worrying about us, and not the other way round. 

Exactly, we're at home, we'll be expected to dominate possession, we're better than them. This is one for our own game.

That said, Southgate has earnt the right to put out whatever team he sees fit without question now.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Just had my final ticket through...

Block 538 so up behind the goal... but second row so should be a perfect view of Harry lifting the trophy.

From looking at the seating plan you're basically above me.

I'm row 38!

My brother (who came to the Germany game with me) is trying to get into BoxPark at Wembley for the game as he said he can't bare to miss out on the party atmosphere if England are in it (I also have a hotel booked for the final nr to the stadium)

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I'm row 38!

My brother (who came to the Germany game with me) is trying to get into BoxPark at Wembley for the game as he said he can't bare to miss out on the party atmosphere if England are in it (I also have a hotel booked for the final nr to the stadium)

Me and my mates are planning to not bother with the pub beforehand. Grab a few cans and soak up the atmosphere on Wembley Way.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Me and my mates are planning to not bother with the pub beforehand. Grab a few cans and soak up the atmosphere on Wembley Way.

I won't be drinking heavily prior to kick off if I'm spending that much on a ticket.

Champions League Final in 2006 I only had three beers all day before the game. 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm row 38!

Be pretty stunned if Boxpark isn't sold out already!

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I won't be drinking heavily prior to kick off if I'm spending that much on a ticket.

Champions League Final in 2006 I only had three beers all day before the game. 

Yeah, I don't think drinkie at the footie really works. I don't want to be sobering up/getting a hangover, or thinking that I fancy another beer during the game; and I don't really want to miss even a minute going to get one at half time.

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, I don't think drinkie at the footie really works. I don't want to be sobering up/getting a hangover, or thinking that I fancy another beer during the game; and I don't really want to miss even a minute going to get one at half time.

I had two beers before the Germany game last week...was fine with that!

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I had two beers before the Germany game last week...was fine with that!

Yeah my mate and I got a bit carried away before Scotland (we found ourselves in a pub with a load of Scottish fans) and got absolutely plastered beforehand, can't remember most of the match (although that's not necessarily a bad thing).

For Germany we just had a couple of pints in the pub beforehand and a pint when we got inside, nothing heavier than that and it was much more enjoyable experience for it.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah my mate and I got a bit carried away before Scotland (we found ourselves in a pub with a load of Scottish fans) and got absolutely plastered beforehand, can't remember most of the match (although that's not necessarily a bad thing).

For Germany we just had a couple of pints in the pub beforehand and a pint when we got inside, nothing heavier than that and it was much more enjoyable experience for it.

Okay, you've twisted my arm What we settling on as optimum? Four?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeh I think I mentioned I got smashed at the Czech Rep game and spent all of the Wednesday in bed.....can't remember a thing even Sterlings goal. 😞

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is it still possible to get tix for the semis? Starting to wonder if I'm being stupid for not trying.

When I looked an hour or so ago, you could still get Cat 1 and Cat 2 tickets for Italy / Spain.

Too expensive for my taste.

Just now, incident said:

When I looked an hour or so ago, you could still get Cat 1 and Cat 2 tickets for Italy / Spain.

Too expensive for my taste.

I'm on a jolly at Wimbledon tomorrow, so might be a bit of a stretch!

I think that, pub Weds, going to the final Sunday will prob have to suffice. Bit worried this midweek could get a bit boozy. Though swerved my Sunday night alcohol allowance especially in preparation!

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Three or four is about right.

Enough to get a light buzz and loosen up your vocal chords, but not so much that you're too lairy and are getting up every few minutes for a wee.

There's some good parallels with pre-Glastonbury headliner advice here...

Edit: spelling

Edited by Woffy