Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Predictions for Saturday?

I'm going for 3-0 to England, Sterling, and a Kane brace.

We SHOULD win, so I'll got for 2-0.

I used my free Paddy Power £5 bet on Tuesday to go for Under 3 goals, under 10 corners and over 3 cards. It came in and I won 35 quid - have slapped the whole thing on Ukraine to qualify at 4/1. Either we go through or I win £175, not bad for a free fiver.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We SHOULD win, so I'll got for 2-0.

I used my free Paddy Power £5 bet on Tuesday to go for Under 3 goals, under 10 corners and over 3 cards. It came in and I won 35 quid - have slapped the whole thing on Ukraine to qualify at 4/1. Either we go through or I win £175, not bad for a free fiver.

Not bad!

Yeh, everyone is getting quite confident......IF we progress I think it will be Denmark in the semi final, I see over 1,000 are travelling from Denmark to Baku for the game - impressive at such short notice.

I think the other semi will be Italy v Spain but you never know!

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Not bad!

Yeh, everyone is getting quite confident......IF we progress I think it will be Denmark in the semi final, I see over 1,000 are travelling from Denmark to Baku for the game - impressive at such short notice.

I think the other semi will be Italy v Spain but you never know!

I backed Italy to win the whole thing before the tournament kicked off. So a final with England would be good as there would at least be a financial reward if we lost.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I backed Italy to win the whole thing before the tournament kicked off. So a final with England would be good as there would at least be a financial reward if we lost.

Pre tournament like many others I couldn't see past France winning it...but my new tip is the same as you  - Italy.

Edited by gooner1990

yeah, England will win on saturday- it'll be almost exactly the same as the Sweden quarter final in 2018 - an earlyish goal and a lateish goal, reasonably straightforward 2-0, resolutely unexciting. 

fingers crossed Denmark beat England in the semis though #sorrynotsorry

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

3-0 too. Saka, Sterling & Kane to score. 

I'm hoping Ben Chilwell gets to play at least one bloody minute at this tournament...

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I think it'll be a tighter, tougher game than many expect.

Ukraine will sit deep and then try to do us with crosses/set pieces.

1-0 or 2-1, Foden to come to the party.

Quickly Kevin podcast was good value this morning. Live reporting from the stadium throughout the day.

Like a more sober Rob Beckett. John Widdicombe on 80 mins: "This is horrible. I just want to go sit on the toilet on my own. And cry."

16 hours ago, Homer said:

Quickly Kevin podcast was good value this morning. Live reporting from the stadium throughout the day.

Like a more sober Rob Beckett. John Widdicombe on 80 mins: "This is horrible. I just want to go sit on the toilet on my own. And cry."

Not THAT much more sober! Widdecombe was absolutely gone by full time. Very enjoyable listening.

7 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I don't know, but he had to book players quicker. The game became rougher than it should be. 

Ah no, it's OK. I'm thinking of Lahoz (Spanish Ref) who officiated the France-Portugal game, and gave 3 pens, 2 of which were questionable.

Just now, Mellotr0n said:

Ah no, it's OK. I'm thinking of Lahoz (Spanish Ref) who officiated the France-Portugal game, and gave 3 pens, 2 of which were questionable.

Ah, Lahoz, the ref who got sent to home at the previous Euros because he ignored the advice of the VAR. The only other referee who got sent to home the previous Euros is... Brych.