Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

47 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Thought I'd secured 4 tickets for the final last night only for Barclaycard to well and truly fuck me over.  I'd confirmed the purchase through the correct security procedures and had the tickets sat in my UEFA account only for Barclaycard to put a block on the payment.

Are there any left on sale?

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I saw that guy on Wembley Way yesterday....was funny the amount of people who actually thought it was him!

Including this reporter on ITV! 

To be fair, he is one of the best lookalikes I’ve ever seen!

Edited by st dan

18 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Crikey, midweek and a tea time kickoff, what will the viewing figures be like for the final 3 games should we get through? They're all prime time viewings so will be massive ratings there too 

Lineker tweeted that it was over 27m including people watching on iPlayer etc.

Edited by gooner1990

3 hours ago, El Matador said:

I was there and there were a lot of knuckle draggers out. Lost count of how many renditions of 10 German bombers I heard. 

No better in the pub (Crystal Palace). I got into an argument with 10 German Bombers singing West Hams next to me.

One of them came over and shook my hand and said great game mate towards the end of the match, then when I looked around he was saying to his mates 'not real England fans'. I lost my temper and called him out on it and after saying he was going to beat me up and calling me a bald c&nt he came over and apologised. As I said to him at the time (among other things) 'we're beating Germany 2-0, why don't we just enjoy it?'

4 hours ago, st dan said:

Rob Beckett’s Instagram stories are superb viewing! He certainly enjoyed himself. Would have loved to have been there .. very jealous!!

Wife just showed me - v funny. Glasto legend Mark Steel was in the pub I was in last night and he was certainly enjoying himself too!

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

No better in the pub (Crystal Palace). I got into an argument with 10 German Bombers singing West Hams next to me.

One of them came over and shook my hand and said great game mate towards the end of the match, then when I looked around he was saying to his mates 'not real England fans'. I lost my temper and called him out on it and after saying he was going to beat me up and calling me a bald c&nt he came over and apologised. As I said to him at the time (among other things) 'we're beating Germany 2-0, why don't we just enjoy it?'

I was speaking to my senior manager (lady in her 60s) about what I saw yesterday....she just said 'and people wonder why everyone hates our nation' 

Sadly true.

Another reason I hate watching football in the pub is in 2002 I was watching Tottenham v Arsenal in the pub and two young lads next to me started chanting at the TV 'sit down you paedophile' when Arsene Wenger came on TV...now I'm not a violent person but I called them out on it and one thing led to another and next thing I know there's some pushing and shoving and then the bar staff got involved and had luckily heard them and threw them out.

17 hours ago, Homer said:

I remember saying Boxpark charging £20 just to get it was a rip-off. They had Barry singing Something Inside So Strong the other week, and now Barnesy doing The Rap:

https://twitter.com/BoxparkCroydon/status/1409905515677818884?s=20

I watched the game against Scotland in the Clapham Grand, was only £8 to get in, we had 2 tables of 6, the atmosphere was great even though the game was poor.

11 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

There are tickets available for the first semi final (Belgium or Italy v Spain or Switzerland) but those prices! Wow… I thought there might be some nosebleed seats for around £90 or so but appears the ‘cheap’ seats are at least 345 Euros?

Cat 3 was £170 face value. 

I decided not to bother even when I had the opportunity.