Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As a side note, I was waiting for my brother on Wembley way at about 2pm when a strong crowd of Germans came off the tube and up towards the ground.....glad to see our nation has grown up. 

Boos, beer cans thrown at them, hitler salutes and people running around with inflatable spitfires and singing 10 german bombers.

What an embarrassment. 

Everything i saw yesterday was good natured, so that's surprising but you'll always get a few bloody idiots!!

5 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Everything i saw yesterday was good natured, so that's surprising but you'll always get a few bloody idiots!!

It was an isolated incident that I just happened to be stood near by I guess...but yesterday's match did seem to drag out a few nobheads if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that was the most fun I’ve ever had in a football stadium.

I’ve been racking my memories and I can’t think of anything that topped it.

29 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

my god how awful was the first 70 mins until Grealish came on. 

Think being sober made me notice a lot more than normal!

I’d had a couple, but felt painfully aware of everything. Not normally that tense unless it’s derby day. The first half felt like it took about 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, RossTC said:

I feel so lucky to have been there for a part of football history. 

100% this. I’ll still be talking about this game in 20 years.

Heard 2WW1WC once and that was it. On the whole pretty good natured. Was more bothered about the knee booing then the anthem tbh.

In the bottom tier but the wrong end for the goals. Painfully close to Mullers miss towards the end.

On the actual footballing side, all three centre backs were immense. The ultra-defensive setup really paid off.

Football’s just the best innit?

90E232E5-CE36-435F-8E19-CCA5059974F9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I’ve been racking my memories and I can’t think of anything that topped it.

I’d had a couple, but felt painfully aware of everything. Not normally that tense unless it’s derby day. The first half felt like it took about 2 weeks.

100% this. I’ll still be talking about this game in 20 years.

Heard 2WW1WC once and that was it. On the whole pretty good natured. Was more bothered about the knee booing then the anthem tbh.

In the bottom tier but the wrong end for the goals. Painfully close to Mullers miss towards the end.

On the actual footballing side, all three centre backs were immense. The ultra-defensive setup really paid off.

Football’s just the best innit?

90E232E5-CE36-435F-8E19-CCA5059974F9.jpeg

What was the atmosphere like in your bit?

My seat was pretty much on the far left of the upper tier of your picture (near the front of it thankfully)

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

What was the atmosphere like in your bit?

My seat was pretty much on the far left of the upper tier of your picture (near the front of it thankfully)

Pretty good tbh. There was a decent loud pocket around behind the goal behind us. Not many empty seats (didn’t look it anyway). Stood the entire time. Other goal end looked louder though. 

Was like a different stadium to the Italy game on Saturday.

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

Pretty good tbh. There was a decent loud pocket around behind the goal behind us. Not many empty seats (didn’t look it anyway). Stood the entire time. Other goal end looked louder though. 

Was like a different stadium to the Italy game on Saturday.

Yeh I went to the Czech Rep game last Tuesday and it was like a ghost town....make such a difference with more people in.

I've got a ticket for the final so praying England get there now!

Love seeing all the stadium pics this morning lads. What a fucking night. I'm sure it was brilliant being inside the ground when Sterling hit the back of the net. Absolutely quality. Would have loved to be there but it is what it is. Buzzing nonetheless.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Cat 2 I think. 125 Euros.

Thought so. 

Sadly I had to just go for the cat 3 tickets as 125 euros is a lot of money (Well for me at least) to spend when I've already been to other games, have one for the final and I had to pay for my Arsenal ST renewal this month too!

49 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As a side note, I was waiting for my brother on Wembley way at about 2pm when a strong crowd of Germans came off the tube and up towards the ground.....glad to see our nation has grown up. 

Boos, beer cans thrown at them, hitler salutes and people running around with inflatable spitfires and singing 10 german bombers.

What an embarrassment. 

I was there and there were a lot of knuckle draggers out. Lost count of how many renditions of 10 German bombers I heard. 

4 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I was there and there were a lot of knuckle draggers out. Lost count of how many renditions of 10 German bombers I heard. 

Yeh same...it seemed to me that all the idiots were up there early doing all the silly stuff....I came straight from work but had to book a half day as I work in Oxford so was knocking about near the ground from 1.45pm or so.

As it got closer to kick off people who had been at work etc started arriving and it seemed to dilute it a lot more.

Edited by gooner1990

31 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I went to the Czech Rep game last Tuesday and it was like a ghost town....make such a difference with more people in.

I've got a ticket for the final so praying England get there now!

Thought I'd secured 4 tickets for the final last night only for Barclaycard to well and truly fuck me over.  I'd confirmed the purchase through the correct security procedures and had the tickets sat in my UEFA account only for Barclaycard to put a block on the payment.

Love seeing these pics! What a night! I went to same pub in Nottingham that I was in when England beat Colombia in 2018, was brilliant. Pickford, Shaw, Stones, Maguire and Grealish brilliant. Hope Kane's goal has rejuvenated him, and Sterling has proven yet again why he's been our most important player under Southgate

Usually when I make future plans they don't tend to work in my favour but staying at home to watch last nights game in the hope that England would win (obviously!) has bought me a free pass from the good lady to go out and watch Saturday's game at the pub.

Saturday has got the feel of Sweden 2018 all over it which I'd most certainly rank in the top 5 day drinking experiences of my life. My Wife finding me passed out naked on the toilet with a bath full of vomit soured the next day slightly but still.

Absolutely buzzing.