Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

I honestly think if the players don't let the occasion get to them mentally, we can (and maybe even should) win tomorrow.

Trying to take emotion out and look at it in a logical and detached way.

Team A 

Got through their group comfortably, without conceding a single goal - weren't even carved open once, as far as I can remember.

Playing at home to 45k fans, where they are unbeaten in 9 (think it is?).

Conceded 5 goals in last 17 games (mad stat)

Team B

Haven't kept a clean sheet in 6 games.

Looked slightly shambolic in their final group game and just snuck through in the final 10 minutes.

---

Which team should be favourites to win?

Edited by Mellotr0n

1 minute ago, Mellotr0n said:

I honestly think if the players don't let the occasion get to them mentally, we can win tomorrow.

Trying to take emotion out and look at it in a logical and detached way.

Team A 

Got through their group comfortably, without conceding a single goal - weren't even carved open once, as far as I can remember.

Playing at home to 45k fans, where they are unbeaten in 9 (think it is?).

Conceded 5 goals in last 17 games (mad stat)

Team B

Haven't kept a clean sheet in 6 games.

Looked slightly shambolic in their final group game and just snuck through in the final 10 minutes of their final game.

---

Which team should be favourites to win?

Form goes out of the window with this fixture.

If it goes to penalties I'll walk down to the concourse. 😕 

I’m not sure why people are fretting about the game. It’s going to be 0-0 after extra time and then we’ll lose on penalties. 

Southgate will talk about his fantastic defensive achievement of not conceding a goal while the rest of us wonder why we didn’t try to use any of our many attacking players in the attacking style that they are used to playing with their respective clubs. 

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

UEFA need to sack whatever company is running that ticket portal.

It's the pits. Waited in the queue twice now. Both times I've been greeted with a blank white screen that refuses to change no matter how many times I refresh or try going back out and in again. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not sure why people are fretting about the game. It’s going to be 0-0 after extra time and then we’ll lose on penalties. 

Southgate will talk about his fantastic defensive achievement of not conceding a goal while the rest of us wonder why we didn’t try to use any of our many attacking players in the attacking style that they are used to playing with their respective clubs. 

We've won both our penalty shoot outs with Southgate in charge, so not so certain we'd even lose then. He seems to have us in a very good place mentally.

For the first time in a long time we actually look like a tournament team with a plan, rather than just trying to chuck all the best players in at once (Gerrard-Lampard-Scholes, anyone?) and hoping it works.

So many people are calling for us to play 3 number 10s and Kane dropping into number 10 area, it would be an utter shambles and we'd get spanked.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Denmark look decent but they’ve still lost two matches. No standout teams on our side of the draw!

I think unfortunate circumstances make Denmark's losses very understandable, especially with the second being to legit good Belgium, and also mean they're now playing with a serious motivation.

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Form goes out of the window with this fixture.

If it goes to penalties I'll walk down to the concourse. 😕 

This current team don’t seem to have the fear factor when it comes to Germany/penalties. Maybe because they’re too young. They said on the news the other day Henderson was only 6 days old when we played them in the 1990 World Cup so it’s doubtful he even remembers his boss taking a spot kick at Euro 96 (although he does seem to have based his penalty taking on Gareth’s).

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

This current team don’t seem to have the fear factor when it comes to Germany/penalties. Maybe because they’re too young. They said on the news the other day Henderson was only 6 days old when we played them in the 1990 World Cup so it’s doubtful he even remembers his boss taking a spot kick at Euro 96 (although he does seem to have based his penalty taking on Gareth’s).

Yeah, don't want Henderson taking one...

I can see the benefit in starting Bellingham and Sancho tomorrow.

Not only are they bloody good players, but they've also been playing regularly in Germany and are likely to know the opposition better than most.

My XI:

Pickford

Trippier Maguire Stones Shaw

Bellingham Rice

Sancho Mount Sterling

Kane

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is there anything any one that’s not trying for said tickets can do to help ? Or do u need to be registered with an account of some description ? 

Need UEFA registered account.

The prices are off the scale though mate, Cat 1 for the final are £950 each. 😮 

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Saka wasn't even alive when we beat Germany 1-5 in 2001

Bellingham wasn't born until 2003....I'm starting to feel seriously old!

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Need UEFA registered account.

The prices are off the scale though mate, Cat 1 for the final are £950 each. 😮 

Ouch … just I’m home this week … would have been able to look in occasionally … and try and help but no account … good luck to all trying 

25 minutes ago, El Matador said:

It's the pits. Waited in the queue twice now. Both times I've been greeted with a blank white screen that refuses to change no matter how many times I refresh or try going back out and in again. 

Same. 

Was looking on the off chance some 85 euro semi final ones popped up but that's been and done I think.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

My friend got tickets for the final today but is refusing to say how much they paid…

What do we reckon for today’s matches? I’m expecting a comfortable France victory but the other one could be a stalemate and potentially penalties.

There were 2 Categories available, one was 750ish Euros the other 900+.

Result. Managed to get tickets for Sweden v Ukraine. No idea what team I'll be supporting, but wanted to get to a match whilst it was on my doorstep. Managed to get a pub next to stadium booked so we can watch England v Germany before it (also no idea which team I'll support in that either tbh). Looking forward to hopefully 2 good games for the neutral.

Jealous all the England fans going to watch your country v Germany. Pretty cool to get to a game as a neutral, but obviously a lot more exciting when your invested in the outcome. No idea how the England v Germany game will go, but looks like the winner has a pretty easy run to the final IMHO.

• Upvote 2