FloorFiller

Finland

Netherlands

Iceland

Norway

Germany

Ukraine

Are where I’d place my votes.

True story, we were in a bar in Reykjavik watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics in 2016, waiting to cheer on the Irish contingent.  Took a while, as these things do.  Mr Mandolin got a tap on the shoulder and was asked if we wouldn’t mind if they allowed the live act to play, as that required the TV to be turned off.  He said “sorry, of course” and we stopped being so rowdy.  The live act was tonight’s Icelandic representative.  He was lovely, kept an eye on the opening ceremony, stopped singing and put the TV back on so that we could watch the Irish team enter the Olympic stadium.  Should maybe have put him at the top of my list, thinking about it. 

Edited by mandolin
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Italy sadly underwhel.ing

Underwhel.ing seems to be spelt “shite” in our house! 🙂

Edited to clarify that we thought the song was shite, the mis-spelling of “underwhelming” was an aside.

Edited by mandolin

6 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Underwhel.ing seems to be spelt “shite” in our house! 🙂

Edited to clarify that we thought the song was shite, the mis-spelling of “underwhelming” was an aside.

I'm happy I got that close to spelling g it right

• Upvote 1