Jump to content

Mad Cool Festival 2022


qz3
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

Well why this time won't you have people leaving at 1ish, some at 2 then some at 3?

Its not like a nightclub. Peope will leave when the act they wanted to see is finished. If the act that the majority wanted to see didn't finish until 3.00am then thats when they all leave. If you don't want to watch that act then you leave before the rush. 

Most people are young and dont want to go home early so few will leave before the headliner that finishes at 2.

So bottleneck 1 is at 2am

Then bottleneck 2 is at 3am after the next act.

Then normally bottleneck 3 at 430am

If you end at 3am instead you have bottleneck 2 and 3 combining into a superbottleneck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Most people are young and dont want to go home early so few will leave before the headliner that finishes at 2.

So bottleneck 1 is at 2am

Then bottleneck 2 is at 3am after the next act.

Then normally bottleneck 3 at 430am

If you end at 3am instead you have bottleneck 2 and 3 combining into a superbottleneck.

Again from my previous experience at festivals it doesn't matter on the age. If people want to stay and watch an act then they will leave. If they don't then they leave. 

For those older ones as you put it who may leave at 1am after their main headliner then thats them away home.

Most people who are young, well they can decide when to go home. If they weren't planning on staying to 3am then they go home before that. Even if it was open to 4am, those ones that want to stay until the death will do that and those that want to leave before will do that, especially if they have worked out beforehand the best way to get back to their hotel/apartment. It's a pretty simple concept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, becca_ said:

🙃

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-30 at 1.58.50 PM.jpeg

They are really just replying to DM's of people who ask about it rather than actually make a full announcement aren't they? He's one of the main headline acts on the Saturday not someone on stage 7 that nobody has heard of LMAO. Weird how the post about timetables doesn't mention it and they are trying to make people download the restricted app to see the schedules. It's almost like they are trying to hide it for as long as they possibly can... or more likely they don't want people who want to buy tickets for 23 to look through their socials to discover yet another major act has cancelled...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

Well why this time won't you have people leaving at 1ish, some at 2 then some at 3?

Its not like a nightclub. People will leave when the act they wanted to see is finished. If the act that the majority wanted to see didn't finish until 3.00am then thats when they all leave. If you don't want to watch that act then you leave before the rush. 

In fairness to xxialac, some people are probably more likely to see the 'last' act of the night if it's earlier either due to the fact that the metro stops at 3:30 (some people would probably rather not miss that before and would've sacrificed missed the last act if they wanted to see them but at the same time wasn't too bothered by them) or because of the fact not everybody can stay up until 5am every night... you're definitely more likely to catch those bands you wouldn't have normally seen if they are on earlier. I think this schedule favours those people, but not nocturnal people like me who would have rather seen more acts throughout the night.

In fact one of the reasons I wanted to go to this festival was because it lasted much longer but everybody is different which is why there will be more early birds and night owls leaving at the same time now. However, it is what it is and they aren't going to extend the times now so let's just make the most of it!

Edited by Joey01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

In fairness to xxialac, some people are probably more likely to see the 'last' act of the night if it's earlier either due to the fact that the metro stops at 3:30 (some people would probably rather not miss that before and would've sacrificed missed the last act if they wanted to see them but at the same time wasn't too bothered by them) or because of the fact not everybody can stay up until 5am every night... you're definitely more likely to catch those bands you wouldn't have normally seen if they are on earlier. I think this schedule favours those people, but not nocturnal people like me who would have rather seen more acts throughout the night.

In fact one of the reasons I wanted to go to this festival was because it lasted much longer but everybody is different which is why there will be more early birds and night owls leaving at the same time now. However, it is what it is and they aren't going to extend the times now so let's just make the most of it!

I can agree with that. The reason I think i'm happy with the times is that it suits me and my wife. The thought of staying to 4am to watch Alt-J wouldn't have been idle but its easier to convince to stay until 3 or even leave just before the end to try and beat the rush. 

Each to their own at festivals and now that the times are out, you are right there is no changing them so no real reason to compalin. Just pick who you want to see and go with it. I'd honestly say there isn't much difference between 3am and 4am when you have festivals like Benicàssim that go on to 6am/7am. Now that is one for the Night Owls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

I can agree with that. The reason I think i'm happy with the times is that it suits me and my wife. The thought of staying to 4am to watch Alt-J wouldn't have been idle but its easier to convince to stay until 3 or even leave just before the end to try and beat the rush. 

Each to their own at festivals and now that the times are out, you are right there is no changing them so no real reason to compalin. Just pick who you want to see and go with it. I'd honestly say there isn't much difference between 3am and 4am when you have festivals like Benicàssim that go on to 6am/7am. Now that is one for the Night Owls.

There is a big difference between finishing at 3 and (as had been case with some nights last time) 4.30.

I’m glad it suits you but it doesn’t suit me and is not consistent with what I was expecting.

This is Spain. 3am is a joke.

Bilbao BBK and Primavera finish around 6 or 7am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There is a big difference between finishing at 3 and (as had been case with some nights last time) 4.30.

I’m glad it suits you but it doesn’t suit me and is not consistent with what I was expecting.

This is Spain. 3am is a joke.

Bilbao BBK and Primavera finish around 6 or 7am.

Previous incarnations didn't go on to that time so no point in bringing those festivals up. 

It's a shame that nothing seems to suit you about the festival and I suggested before that you just give it a miss. I'm sure someone would take your ticket if you needed to sell it on and then you could just spend a few nights in Madrid. Or even better yet, why not plan to do something after you are finished at the festival.

Out of interest, were you planning to stay until the final act? Who was it you wanted to see at the end?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

Previous incarnations didn't go on to that time so no point in bringing those festivals up. 

It's a shame that nothing seems to suit you about the festival and I suggested before that you just give it a miss. I'm sure someone would take your ticket if you needed to sell it on and then you could just spend a few nights in Madrid. Or even better yet, why not plan to do something after you are finished at the festival.

Out of interest, were you planning to stay until the final act? Who was it you wanted to see at the end?

Last time the last acts of the night ran until 4.30 and were (appropriately) dance acts including Charlotte De Witte, Helena Hauff and Chemical Brothers.

I expected Nina Kraviz to be the last act on friday and be an excellent end to the evening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Last time the last acts of the night ran until 4.30 and were (appropriately) dance acts including Charlotte De Witte, Helena Hauff and Chemical Brothers.

I expected Nina Kraviz to be the last act on friday and be an excellent end to the evening. 

Well sure you can have have a great end to your evening watching her or stay until 3am and watch Paula Temple if you are looking for a dance act finale. Thats the beauty of the festival, you can decide when you want to finish your night instead of complaining that "its not the same as last time." I'm sure there has to be a club going on to the early hours in Madrid for you to get your appropriate dance fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is absolutely awful for anyone getting hyped for the festival. I'd prefer it to end an hour later but it's hardly a massive deal - Wednesday is slightly later than 2019 by the way, and it's also much stronger. There will be queues, but overall, the transport will be fine. 

@xxialacI'm wondering if you're a Primavera plant at this point.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

This thread is absolutely awful for anyone getting hyped for the festival. I'd prefer it to end an hour later but it's hardly a massive deal - Wednesday is slightly later than 2019 by the way, and it's also much stronger. There will be queues, but overall, the transport will be fine. 

@xxialacI'm wondering if you're a Primavera plant at this point.

My apologies, I got caught up in a dispute with someone who is not a fan of logic and shouldn’t have done. I’ll exit stage left. Enjoy the fest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

This thread is absolutely awful for anyone getting hyped for the festival. I'd prefer it to end an hour later but it's hardly a massive deal - Wednesday is slightly later than 2019 by the way, and it's also much stronger. There will be queues, but overall, the transport will be fine. 

@xxialacI'm wondering if you're a Primavera plant at this point.

If it helps - I had 14 must-sees on my clashfinder, and 13 are clear, with just one partial clash (and I've seen that band before!)

I even bought a hat that I don't look really stupid in today, so it's all good at my end 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

If it helps - I had 14 must-sees on my clashfinder, and 13 are clear, with just one partial clash (and I've seen that band before!)

I even bought a hat that I don't look really stupid in today, so it's all good at my end 🤣

I wish I'd been so lucky. It's been pretty brutal for me, especially The Killers vs St Vincent, Phoebe vs War on Drugs and Editors v Florence (gonna opt for the first of each). Glass Animals, Yves Tumor and Gang of Youths all fairly significant casulties too. Ah well, that's the game we choose to be in. It's still looking great though, gonna be a really fun few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My apologies, I got caught up in a dispute with someone who is not a fan of logic and shouldn’t have done. I’ll exit stage left. Enjoy the fest.

I'm just a fan of complainers. Get hyped! Have fun!

 

Edit: Honestly though I hope you do have a good time. I've missed festivals these last few years so glad to see them back in general. There is loads I could complain about from some of the clashes, act placements or days but sure better off enjoying what we all can.

Edited by C_Elrik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I wish I'd been so lucky. It's been pretty brutal for me, especially The Killers vs St Vincent, Phoebe vs War on Drugs and Editors v Florence (gonna opt for the first of each). Glass Animals, Yves Tumor and Gang of Youths all fairly significant casulties too. Ah well, that's the game we choose to be in. It's still looking great though, gonna be a really fun few days.

That's the three I'm going for too. Obviously tons of second choices are out, but that's the way with any festival.

I also need to become a twenty-one pilots fan in a week just to improve my Wednesday experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bluenova said:

That's the three I'm going for too. Obviously tons of second choices are out, but that's the way with any festival.

I also need to become a twenty-one pilots fan in a week just to improve my Wednesday experience.

Not a fan of Chvrches? That's certainly where I'll be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WFD said:

Minor point mayb but Beabadoobee not on the schedule for Thursday? But still listed on the website (Stormzy has been taken off the website).

Stage 5 at 9.20.

It's a bit hard to read as the name is long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Stage 5 at 9.20.

It's a bit hard to read as the name is long.

So she is, thanks (though clashing anyway so doesn't matter !).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like others there are clashes all over the place for me and then some times when there is no one I am interested in. There are some very odd clashes.

I am hoping if lots of us have clashes, then everyone else will and it will help to disperse the crowds over the site. The worse thing festivals often do is have no competition and everyone marches off to the same stage. 

Can't say I am to bothered about the earlier finish in general it suits me as these days I am flagging by then but do think it might make trying to get back to the hotel a pain. I had hoped to Taxi/UBER it but I think more people will hang it out till 3 but would have found the extra hour or so a push. Anyway it is what it is, a little dissapointed I will porbably see less acts then I expected but still think its going to be class.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mad Cool was always clash hell, but Muse Vs Parcels is borderline criminal.

Sad for Warmduscher too.

For me it will mostly be one early act followed by two hours of meh, followed by clashes. Oh well. Need to check out the smaller bands more closely, I didn't dare to until the schedules were out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...