Jump to content

Mad Cool Festival 2022


qz3
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, SarahEmpre said:

Hello Spanish insider, when are Weezer being announced?

Thanks.

That was someone guessing.

They followed up that post by saying the reason they thought it would happen is that Weezer has a similar audience, were finishing a tour in Europe not long before Mad Cool, and both had links to Live Nation. Nothing concrete, just an educated hunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Primavera Sound was not received a glowing reception unlike its previous years, I would love to hear the feedback and insight for the upcoming Mad Cool fest, especially from those who visit this year PS. 
 

Might try this fest next year, if the review is promising or even better than PS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not wanting to be all doom and gloom but I am sure, I will not be the only person using Ryanair too get to Madrid.

I think other countries branches of Ryanair are striking around those dates as well and so could add to the problems. Hope, it does not cause to much of an issue for those going to Madcool.

Ryanair Holdings Plc’s Spanish cabin-crew unions announced six days of strike action starting later this month after pay talks fell apart.

Workers are set to walk out on June 24, 25, 26 and 30, as well as on July 1 and 2, officials for the USO and SITCPLA unions said at a press conference in Madrid on Monday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bram said:

With Primavera Sound was not received a glowing reception unlike its previous years, I would love to hear the feedback and insight for the upcoming Mad Cool fest, especially from those who visit this year PS. 
 

Might try this fest next year, if the review is promising or even better than PS

I'm going to Mad cool next year. Having been to both I much rathered Mad Cool.

Music is great in both but Mad cool was more comfortable for a regular ticket holder. 

Mad cool 2019 was a better experience than VIP primavera 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Dales said:

Not wanting to be all doom and gloom but I am sure, I will not be the only person using Ryanair too get to Madrid.

I think other countries branches of Ryanair are striking around those dates as well and so could add to the problems. Hope, it does not cause to much of an issue for those going to Madcool.

Ryanair Holdings Plc’s Spanish cabin-crew unions announced six days of strike action starting later this month after pay talks fell apart.

Workers are set to walk out on June 24, 25, 26 and 30, as well as on July 1 and 2, officials for the USO and SITCPLA unions said at a press conference in Madrid on Monday. 

Oh joy. I am - although not till the 5th. Hopefully enough time for things to get back to normal.

The press around this suggests it's not all their Spanish cabin crew, and they don't expect it to cause many problems, but I guess we find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

Oh joy. I am - although not till the 5th. Hopefully enough time for things to get back to normal.

The press around this suggests it's not all their Spanish cabin crew, and they don't expect it to cause many problems, but I guess we find out.

I travel on the 3rd, so hopefully that will be ok but in general always knew that the way things are going flights/airports would be a bigger worry then who Madcool would get as replacements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I'm going to Mad cool next year. Having been to both I much rathered Mad Cool.

Music is great in both but Mad cool was more comfortable for a regular ticket holder. 

Mad cool 2019 was a better experience than VIP primavera 2022.

Cheers mate. Any particular reason why Mad Cool more comfortable and better experience?.. probably the weather? the crowd? safety & crowd flow? stage set and sound? water & bar queueu?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bram said:

Cheers mate. Any particular reason why Mad Cool more comfortable and better experience?.. probably the weather? the crowd? safety & crowd flow? stage set and sound? water & bar queueu?.

Sound was great, screens are massive too, never queued too long for anything. People were nice but there was plenty of space for all.

Lineup throughout the day is crazy good for all tastes. 

Having done VIP at prima and normal ticket at Mad cool I think Mad cool is a way better package. 

The fake grass everywhere is great to sit on when you're tired. Beers are a decent size too.

But you'll get the die hards saying Prima is god. It's not. In comparison Bilbao BBK is also good. NOS alive is good but cramped for space and its lineup clashing quite a lot between main and second stages.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Sound was great, screens are massive too, never queued too long for anything. People were nice but there was plenty of space for all.

Lineup throughout the day is crazy good for all tastes. 

Having done VIP at prima and normal ticket at Mad cool I think Mad cool is a way better package. 

The fake grass everywhere is great to sit on when you're tired. Beers are a decent size too.

But you'll get the die hards saying Prima is god. It's not. In comparison Bilbao BBK is also good. NOS alive is good but cramped for space and its lineup clashing quite a lot between main and second stages.

Agree about the grass - the concrete can get a bit tiring after a while at Primavera (although both are a step up from UK mud) - and there's a more commercial line up with bigger names. It's also a lot more compact so less travel between stages.

Did you go in 2018? The screens were insanely large then - it looks like they're about a third the size in 2019- but definitely a step up from a lot of the Primavera visuals.

Primavera is a nice location though - with the beach location, the little stages by the sea, the big seated amphitheatre stage, and for me the music is more interesting - but that's obviously personal choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Sound was great, screens are massive too, never queued too long for anything. People were nice but there was plenty of space for all.

Lineup throughout the day is crazy good for all tastes. 

Having done VIP at prima and normal ticket at Mad cool I think Mad cool is a way better package. 

The fake grass everywhere is great to sit on when you're tired. Beers are a decent size too.

But you'll get the die hards saying Prima is god. It's not. In comparison Bilbao BBK is also good. NOS alive is good but cramped for space and its lineup clashing quite a lot between main and second stages.

You’re not comparing like with like though.
 

Primavera 2019 was way less crowded than this year’s and we don’t yet know how crowded Mad Cool 2022 is going to be. Or indeed how well organised it will he with the post-covid challenges. And VIP was infinitely better in 2019 at Primavera than it was this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

You’re not comparing like with like though.
 

Primavera 2019 was way less crowded than this year’s and we don’t yet know how crowded Mad Cool 2022 is going to be. Or indeed how well organised it will he with the post-covid challenges. And VIP was infinitely better in 2019 at Primavera than it was this year.

Dude you're literally asking a person to check a crystal ball.

I'm giving an opinion based on my visits to fests in Spain/Portugal.

Mad Cool normal ticket was better than my Prima VIP from personal experience.

In addition to the points I made I reckon the lower cost is another reason why Mad cool was a better choice based on my previous experience.

 

Also how am I not comparing like for like?

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

Agree about the grass - the concrete can get a bit tiring after a while at Primavera (although both are a step up from UK mud) - and there's a more commercial line up with bigger names. It's also a lot more compact so less travel between stages.

Did you go in 2018? The screens were insanely large then - it looks like they're about a third the size in 2019- but definitely a step up from a lot of the Primavera visuals.

Primavera is a nice location though - with the beach location, the little stages by the sea, the big seated amphitheatre stage, and for me the music is more interesting - but that's obviously personal choice.

Nah, but I know the screens you're talking about. They had them for Electric Picnic. Crazy big. Watched the Strokes and their visuals on that screen. Julian was so small.

But they are amazing screens. Was one of the things I was looking forward to in 2019 Mad Cool but sadly it wasn't to be. 

hope they make a comeback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was never at primavera, so I can't compare, but I can share some things about Mad Cool in 2018.

+ crazy stacked lineup
+ terrific sound on all stages but one (quite a lot of bleed from the main stages and some technical problems)
+ fake grass everywhere
+ huge screens
+ the 2 main stages setup works great
+ safe, despite having 80.000 people a day (that was reduced to 65.000 a year later I think, but don't quote me on any of that)
+ reasonably smooth service apart from day 1
+ fairly reasonable prices (about 5€ a pint, 10-12€ for a meal)

- day 1 clusterfuck (improved immensely the next day though): looooong queues to get wristbands in hot Madrid sun with no shade, cash register network collapsing, not enough bar staff
- long walk to the entrance
- long way home (do we have any info on that btw, shuttle buses, metros?)
- VIP spaces in front of main stages (they got rid of them the year later as far as I know)
- as mentioned here plenty of times, the communication from the organizers is shit

NOS Alive is a good comparison - similar lineups, smaller but still more crowded, although a nicer location. What kills NOS Alive for me is no spirits inside, I can't physically drink enough beer to keep me going, especially after a week or two of vacation we usually do before the festival.

There seems to be quite a lot of primavera fanboys and mad cool haters on here. Both probably have good reasons. My recommendation would be not to mind them too much anyway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Dude you're literally asking a person to check a crystal ball.

I'm giving an opinion based on my visits to fests in Spain/Portugal.

Mad Cool normal ticket was better than my Prima VIP from personal experience.

In addition to the points I made I reckon the lower cost is another reason why Mad cool was a better choice based on my previous experience.

 

Also how am I not comparing like for like?

You're comparing a 2019 (pre-covid) festival experience to a (post-covid) 2022 festival experience.

I assume you are going to Mad Cool in 2022 so afterwards can compare relative merits of Mad Cool and Primavera. But many of Primavera's problems this year were linked to covid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You're comparing a 2019 (pre-covid) festival experience to a (post-covid) 2022 festival experience.

I assume you are going to Mad Cool in 2022 so afterwards can compare relative merits of Mad Cool and Primavera. But many of Primavera's problems this year were linked to covid.

 

Primavera may as well not have had any covid. Covid policies didn't change my time there or do with any of the points I made.

The points I favour to Mad Cool aren't implicated by how covid may have altered Prima.

Yeah sure it was a bummer that some acts cancelled but it's not a big issue as there's other bands to watch.

To put simply imo, Mad cool is a more comfortable fest that also... like Prima has a very good lineup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You're comparing a 2019 (pre-covid) festival experience to a (post-covid) 2022 festival experience.

I assume you are going to Mad Cool in 2022 so afterwards can compare relative merits of Mad Cool and Primavera. But many of Primavera's problems this year were linked to covid.

 

I didn't experience many issues that others faced with Prima as had the VIP pass.

For the money I believe that I had a better time with a regular Mad Cool ticket than I had with a VIP Prima ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, clasher said:

I was never at primavera, so I can't compare, but I can share some things about Mad Cool in 2018.

+ crazy stacked lineup
+ terrific sound on all stages but one (quite a lot of bleed from the main stages and some technical problems)
+ fake grass everywhere
+ huge screens
+ the 2 main stages setup works great
+ safe, despite having 80.000 people a day (that was reduced to 65.000 a year later I think, but don't quote me on any of that)
+ reasonably smooth service apart from day 1
+ fairly reasonable prices (about 5€ a pint, 10-12€ for a meal)

- day 1 clusterfuck (improved immensely the next day though): looooong queues to get wristbands in hot Madrid sun with no shade, cash register network collapsing, not enough bar staff
- long walk to the entrance
- long way home (do we have any info on that btw, shuttle buses, metros?)
- VIP spaces in front of main stages (they got rid of them the year later as far as I know)
- as mentioned here plenty of times, the communication from the organizers is shit

NOS Alive is a good comparison - similar lineups, smaller but still more crowded, although a nicer location. What kills NOS Alive for me is no spirits inside, I can't physically drink enough beer to keep me going, especially after a week or two of vacation we usually do before the festival.

There seems to be quite a lot of primavera fanboys and mad cool haters on here. Both probably have good reasons. My recommendation would be not to mind them too much anyway.

Thank you for the info. Seems Mad Cool is such a nice festival. The only red flag for me probably the distance otw back to the accommodation when the festival ends.

Hopefully there’s a numerous accommodation available with affordable price that walking distance to the festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jirrit said:

Havent yet received my wristband. When do I start to panic?

Also set to travel with Ryanair so there's some uncertainties around.

Any news on the timetable?

Still waiting on mines as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello fellow mad coolers. Ive got a spare mad cool lovers pack ticket for Friday to the Sunday. I paid around €170 euros for it but would be happy to sell for €150. Please message me if anyone is interested 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...