Jump to content

Mad Cool Festival 2022


qz3
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

this looks better already than the 2021 version, even without the missing headliner(s) on Thursday, but why are they changing so much of the cancelled line up every year? They don't seem to put much of an effort to rebook.  

They haven't changed a massive amount really - a lot of acts are in exactly the same place on the poster, which has made our guessing game easy.  There aren't as many names as 2021 so some of the "missing" acts are bound to turn up when the line up fills out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Any outside bets for the remaining headliners? Assuming imagine dragons and the killers are booked, that would three left. 

Would foo fighters be too much? 

Well I really expected RHCP to be back but only embargoed til they release their first single. And I expected NIN to be in Europe 2022 (and the Hellfest leak „confirms“ it) but as they are not at Primavera they are likely to be here.

But those two names sound really big for what‘s already on the poster.

Edited by Karlos12345
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Well I really expected RHCP to be back but only embargoed til they release their first single. And I expected NIN to be in Europe 2022 (and the Hellfest leak „confirms“ it) but as they are not at Primavera they are likely to be here.

But those two names sound really big for what‘s already on the poster.

I'd expect them to book much smaller. Rosalia for example but even she might be too big for those last slots. Other names I'm thinking that are aound for Summer 2022 are Rise Against, Volbeat, Bring Me the Horizon, Korn, or maybe even My Chemical Romane (however their tour currently ends two weeks before MC). Don't think NIN would go through as third on a poster anymore. 
If Haim come back to Europe, they could by now be the smallest headliner for a day.

Edited by Quadrophobia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'd expect them to book much smaller. Rosalia for example but even she might be too big for those last slots. Other names I'm thinking that are aound for Summer 2022 are Rise Against, Volbeat, Bring Me the Horizon, Korn, or maybe even My Chemical Romane (however their tour currently ends two weeks before MC). Don't think NIN would go through as third on a poster anymore. 

Don‘t think the poster‘s layout stays the same with all headliners revealed. So not all three missing heads are third slots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Don’t think NIN would go through as third on a poster anymore. 

They weren’t even top row last time they played and they’ve not really grown since then. 

And yeah, just because they’re TBA doesn’t mean they’ll be third on the poster when announced. Stuff can surely be shuffled if they’ve got a big headliner who doesn’t want to be announced yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Don‘t think the poster‘s layout stays the same with all headliners revealed. So not all three missing heads are third slots.

Well I'd say, that they'd want to make it super clear, if their remaining headliners are bigger than whats confirmed (like f.e. RHCP). Could turn out your way, but if I had a bigger act in my pocket, I'd at least hint it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kusy said:

Yeah, it was pointless, especially since they were making mistakes and blocking names that they couldn't reveal.

There are a couple of differences between yesterday's reveal and the leak which are probably mistakes on their part - there was no B in the Yungblud slot, and there was no T where Sleep Token are now showing (but there was on an earlier version).

For what it's worth M is in the lead for tonight, and if they persist with it tomorrow it will be pointless anyway because it will be "the other N" (can't type it on this keyboard!) so it will be an anti climax ending to the game.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

There are a couple of differences between yesterday's reveal and the leak which are probably mistakes on their part - there was no B in the Yungblud slot, and there was no T where Sleep Token are now showing (but there was on an earlier version).

For what it's worth M is in the lead for tonight, and if they persist with it tomorrow it will be pointless anyway because it will be "the other N" (can't type it on this keyboard!) so it will be an anti climax ending to the game.

 

 

Probably just pushing ñ so they can write Mañana in maximum font on the poster and then announce the day after, when the Metallica tour is officially announced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely not announcing some headliners before the “refund period” defeats the whole purpose of announcing the full line up this early. 
 

I don’t mind waiting at all. In fact I feel like announcing the whole line up this early kills the excitement very early on. However I thought the whole idea was so that people could make their minds up on whether they want to carry on to next year based on whether the line up mirrors what they paid for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until now it looks like this for me;

Metallica - Twenty One Pilots - Placebo - Carly Rae jepsen/Yungblud

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Imagine Dragons - The Killers - Deftones/Foals

Muse - Faith No More - ???? - AltJ/TWOD

Billie Eillish - Kings Of Leon - Pixies - Royal Blood/Editors

This looks pretty damn awesome if i am being honest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Until now it looks like this for me;

Metallica - Twenty One Pilots - Placebo - Carly Rae jepsen/Yungblud

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Imagine Dragons - The Killers - Deftones/Foals

Muse - Faith No More - ???? - AltJ/TWOD

Billie Eillish - Kings Of Leon - Pixies - Royal Blood/Editors

This looks pretty damn awesome if i am being honest. 

I agree that looks pretty good and some good names lower down.

Are, we expecting RHCP? No one has really given them a big shout as being rebooked. Que, someone quoting an early post  of them playing 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...