Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

3 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Does anyone know how you can find out how much money you have spent / have left on your wristbands?

I’ve got some idea but did think that some of the prices I was being charged last night seemed incorrect 

Log onto your account on the app and if it’s working correctly (it was earlier but not about 30mins ago) it shows individual transactions and balance. Any of top up points inside can give you balance

7 hours ago, clasher said:

Whoever decided to put nothing but thieves on the third stage at this time deserves every taxi he gets to be as challenging as getting a taxi home from the festival. Massive crowd.

Yeah, they deserved better. Shame their set seemed so short.

Hope, I have cracked getting home. Walked away from the festival for around 30 minutes and then hailed a taxi, back at the hotel in 40 minutes and now know I could probably walk all the way back in over an hour and a half. Not that I want a long walk at the end of the night. Did leave before Foals but decided hard calls needed to be made after the travel nightmare of the first night.

Nothing But Thieves & Killers smashed it for me and enjoyed Amyl as usual but thought it odd they got so long to play when NBT got such a small set as I assumed they are a bigger name.

My partner was really disappointed by Imagine Dragons as she has wanted to see them for years but we are always busy when they play :-). She thought they were pants and as usual she was right. They sounded awful.

Tonight was the 5th time I’ve seen The Killers, they’ve always been okay to fairly good but the stars aligned for them tonight. If any set comes close to them this weekend then it’s been money well spent, said to my fiancé that I felt sorry for any band that had to follow them, and then we went to see Foals and any doubts were quickly put to bed!

I must say, I’ve been blown away by this so far. I’ll admit that we are staying walking distance from the hotel so we’ve never had any issues with getting home, but the payment system with the wristbands, the sound from the stages, the quality of acts. Long may it continue 

23 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Not really. We caught the second metro once we arrived to the station. Then once you are in Nuevos Ministerios, walk towards Cuatro Caminos to get a taxi. We got one in less than 5 minutes. 

Thanks Mr Begood, this worked well for us last night. Got to Nuevo Ministerios and initially couldn’t find a taxi (due to Numbers of others trying to do the same), but when we followed your advice and headed towards Cuatro Caminos, we had success 👍😊

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Tonight was the 5th time I’ve seen The Killers, they’ve always been okay to fairly good but the stars aligned for them tonight. If any set comes close to them this weekend then it’s been money well spent, said to my fiancé that I felt sorry for any band that had to follow them, and then we went to see Foals and any doubts were quickly put to bed!

I must say, I’ve been blown away by this so far. I’ll admit that we are staying walking distance from the hotel so we’ve never had any issues with getting home, but the payment system with the wristbands, the sound from the stages, the quality of acts. Long may it continue 

I think everything other than the transport is brilliant. Very few queues for the bars or toilets and so many good bands. I’m here with my wife and our 2 teenage daughters, who are all enjoying the festival. Everyone was knackered after The Killers and we still had to get back to our hotel, so missed the Foals, but been impressed with them live before.

Thanks to Johnnybegood’s good transport advice, we managed to get to our hotel by 3pm 👍

Killers absolutely smashed it last night. Best I have ever seen them. Don't know if the Covid break has meant bands are refreshed again for touring but so many seem to be back on top of their game.  Absolutely loved Twenty One Pilots too on Weds as one that took me by surprise.

No problems getting home both nights so far. Got metro then 20mins for uber on Weds, 5mins for uber last night. 

Going to be hot today!! 

We took the shuttle back last night, long long queue but we could see it was moving quickly so just waited it out.  We left after the end of Foals and were on a bus around 3.40am.  As we got to the front we missed the cut off for the bus that was being loaded, which meant we had the added bonus of being the first on the next one and got seats.

We're changing tactics for the next couple of nights and eating just before getting the Metro out there. The food queues were horrendous last night (they were pretty bad the night before but got worse last night) so we want to leave it til much later until we need to eat again.

New schedule for today just come out, and they say "there are some changes" without telling you what they are.....main one I can see is Black Pumas out, and IAMDDB bumped up to replace them on main stage.

Edited by WFD

2 minutes ago, WFD said:

New schedule for today just come out, and they say "there are some changes" without telling you what they are.....main one I can see is Black Pumas out, and IAMDDB bumped up to replace them on main stage.

They’ve announced on Instagram that Black Pumas have had to pull out due to illness (assuming Covid). But gutted about that, been waiting two years to finally see them, but it gives us a chance to check out some smaller stages. We saw Only The Poets at Bingley a couple of years back and we’re thinking of going to see them instead now, good little band to fill the gap 

NBT were awesome, modest mouse a disappointment due to crappy sound. Blown away by London Grammar, amazing show, amazing sound. The killers were killer. Saw them at InMusic not long ago, decent, but yesterday was absolutely amazing.

Still didn't queue for beer for more than 3 minutes.

Still didn't manage to get home normally. I'm starting to think I'm the problem here 😂

12 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Killers have been putting on fantastic sets all year from everyone i've heard / my experience at Emirates. good to see it continuing

Toilets and Bars put Primavera to shame. they work really well......bars are stellar compared to primavera.

Line-up is great.

Food trucks are great off peak.

I stuck 250 quid on my wrist band on day one so haven't had to queue since.

Transport home is a fucking cluster fuck. Shambles. No idea why the bus dumps us at Plaza Castilla...still 6km form city centre.