Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

6 hours ago, ash1975 said:

Warmduscher also disappeared with no announcement 😕 Just checked twitter and confirmed earlier today not playing. 

Didn’t even notice that one, another band I had down to watch but they’d have probably ended up clashing with someone anyway. Chubby & The Gang is another one that has disappeared.  Is there any more we are missing? I wonder if the 3 end time has something to do with the fact it was easier to make the days shorter than find a replacement for these other bands?

Edited by Joey01

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Woke up this morning to a message that BA have cancelled our flights out haha. As long as that’s sorted before Tuesday I promise I’ll never complain about a clash at a festival again! 

Hope you get it sorted. I've been logging into my RyanAir account every morning just to check my flight is still there!

33 minutes ago, ThomasP said:

Possible admin error of course, however the madcool website is currently showing some changes under the “line up” tab.

Muse are showing on Saturday and the killers are showing on Friday & Florence and the machine to Sunday. 

Is it by any chance an auto-mistake with the website based on timings?

So everyone playing after midnight is sorted into the next day.

Classic Mad Cool 🤣

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bluenova said:

Hope you get it sorted. I've been logging into my RyanAir account every morning just to check my flight is still there!

Thanks man, fortunately the company we booked through have been really helpful so far and we should have alternative travel sorted by tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Cactusgirl said:

Oh goodness last thing we all need is cancelled flights. Hope you get sorted 49lawson.

Muse and Parcels biggest clash for me then some more minor ones.

Still no sign of wristbands. Fly first thing Tues. Anyone else had communication of what to do if don't arrive?

There was an email from Festicket yesterday:

If you have not received your wristbands before the festival starts, please send an email to pulseras@madcool.es indicating that you have not received the wristbands and that you will pick them up at the festival. This way, we can cancel the wristbands of your shipment and you will be able to access the festival quickly.

We inform you that, to collect your wristbands at the festival, you will need to go to the Mad Cool Wristbands/Pulseras box office at the festival entrance and show your e-ticket. You can get your ticket at your Festicket account, Festicket Booking confirmation, or at www.madcoolarea.com. 

If you cannot find your Festicket e-ticket/s either, please get in contact with us at https://support.festicket.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hey people,ive got a question for those that have already been to previous mad cools and got a taxi home afterwards...

Can anyone roughly remember how much an uber might cost from the festival to somewhere like Sol in Madrid city centre? I ask because i went to a stones gig in London a few years ago and uber were charging £230 for a 3 mile journey because literally everyone was trying to get an uber and demand went through the roof!

26 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I think they’ve just announced the transport info on their Insta story

Also a Twitter thread.  Metro runs until 2am Wed/Sun, 4am the other nights.  Free shuttles to Plaza de Castilla. 

15 minutes ago, WFD said:

Also a Twitter thread.  Metro runs until 2am Wed/Sun, 4am the other nights.  Free shuttles to Plaza de Castilla. 

The metro running late is a great option. Can't believe the shuttles stop before the festival ends on the Wednesday - that seems a little odd.

4 minutes ago, bluenova said:

The metro running late is a great option. Can't believe the shuttles stop before the festival ends on the Wednesday - that seems a little odd.

No shuttles on Sunday at all! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

I think they’ve just announced the transport info on their Insta story

In 2018, on the first day, they had very long queues to go from the Metro Station Feria de Madrid to the entrance (e.g. long queues for security check and to walk to the main entrance through the building ). On the map, the Uber drop off area seems very close to the main entrance. Would Uber be a better option to avoid potential long queues on the first day?

1 hour ago, LaurentExpos said:

In 2018, on the first day, they had very long queues to go from the Metro Station Feria de Madrid to the entrance (e.g. long queues for security check and to walk to the main entrance through the building ). On the map, the Uber drop off area seems very close to the main entrance. Would Uber be a better option to avoid potential long queues on the first day?

They seem to imply that these arriving by Uber get fast track entry? So might be the way to go. I still have to collect wristbands, I doubt that will be fast tracked but can live in hope. 

11 minutes ago, qz3 said:

In 2018 there were shuttle buses to the city center, now they anonunced only to Plaza de Castilla

They apparently went only to Castilla in 2019 - Not sure where I read it, but there was some discussion about guessing if they'd do it again, and where to stay.

Metro is obviously a lot closer, but still a trek to the centre unfortunately.