Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

3 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

I think I'll just try and get tickets for Parcels when they're in Manchester now. Hadn't really listened to them prior to them getting announced but they have since become one of the bands I was really wanting to catch. Muse I'm more unlikely to catch on tour and the tickets will be more expensive and I think my friends will want to see them so that's the only sacrifice I'll be making at the festival. Think I'm definitely opting for Editors over FATM though despite how controversial it might be in the group as I've seen FATM before and really wanted to catch Editors this time around.

Yeah we are doing Editors instead of FATM aswell. I've seen both before but prefer Editors songs.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

The other issue with shortchanging us with the early finish is that 3am is now likely to be a disaster for getting back to central Madrid with a very high concentration of people leaving then.

That is true, never even thought of that. I'm hoping this announcement follows some transport news that justifies the early finish (i.e. more frequent metros like they did in 2018 I think it was).

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The other issue with shortchanging us with the early finish is that 3am is now likely to be a disaster for getting back to central Madrid with a very high concentration of people leaving then.

The 1.00 am finish on the Wednesday will be even worse. Mayhem outside I reckon unless then run the metro late.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elias said:

The 1.00 am finish on the Wednesday will be even worse. Mayhem outside I reckon unless then run the metro late.

Pretty sure I saw that the last train leaves around 1.30 from the end of each line, so that suggests lots will be able to catch it at least part of the way home.

My fiancé just made a good point that with a line up as stacked as this, there was always going to be the potential for a few clashes. But I feel like I find myself staring at this and there’s either 3/4 bands on at one time I want to see, or a gap where there’s absolutely nothing. Very annoying but I suppose that’s all relative to what you wanted to see 

4 hours ago, r55N said:

Generally, I would say all festivals increased their capacity a bit and that created some issues here and there...
At novarock you had the big rain. I wasn't there but kudos to the organizers for not letting cars in the parking the day before as some vehicles would still be there I'm sure. Can't talk about the other issues though.

Rock im Park few days before Novarock had fairly good organization with the exception of the two front of (main) stage sectors blocked by bars and toilets on both sides which caused HUGE bottlenecks. Otherwise all was pretty decent. 

Primavera W2 was way worse. Way too few toilets. Almost no water points. At the bars, drinks were poured in the same cups people return - wtf. The 2 main stages with the huge sound decks platform (and VIP behind it) was just ridiculous. Facepalm. huuuge bottlenecks there. The first day with Gorillaz was absolutely horrible. All days after 1am the festival smells like shit and piss. I was really sorry for the team at the merch stand right next to the toilets. I hope they're still alive. This was my first time at Prima and probably the last.

Pinkpop - 2 weeks ago had the classic festival experience. I really enjoyed it. For some reason they still use plastic, non-reusable cups and at 4pm the festival ground is absolute garbage site. Hope they fix this for the next edition. Queues and stuff were okay if you have some festival experience and know what you're doing and when to go where. Overall no complains.

Hellfest Weekend 2 was just amazing in terms feel, design, organization... everything. I have few minor suggestions but overall highly recommended if you like this music.

I'm sure Madcool will have bad organization but who cares - Deftones will be playing:)

Wait wait wait, you already went to all this festivals except nova rock? 😲

8 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

My fiancé just made a good point that with a line up as stacked as this, there was always going to be the potential for a few clashes. But I feel like I find myself staring at this and there’s either 3/4 bands on at one time I want to see, or a gap where there’s absolutely nothing. Very annoying but I suppose that’s all relative to what you wanted to see 

Yeah they seem to have put no consideration into genres when it comes to clashes because I have the exact same problem. Sometimes there is literally just heavy rock/metal which I have no interest in and therefore don’t have anything I want to see whereas other times there’s up to 4 clashes happening. Poor planning and also like you say it is also because it is pretty stacked but they’ve made that worse this year with the 1/3 finishes as opposed to 4:30

Edited by Joey01
  • Like 1

I’ve rolled my eyes at some of the miserable messages on here… but the radio silence on Stormzy, just posting a schedule where he has disappeared is disappointing. 

I always thought it looked like a stacked line up but with the QOSA and Stormzy drop outs it’s become fairly average. 

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not been to Mad Cool before but I don't see how there still won't be the same issue at 4am. Was at NOS in 2016 and there is a big majority that stays until the end which I'd assume is the same for Mad Cool if you wanted to watch that last band. 

If it's 3am or 4am it makes no difference if people are watching the last act. For those that don't, they leave about 2am.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Yeah they seem to have put no consideration into genres when it comes to clashes because I have the exact same problem. Sometimes there is literally just heavy rock/metal which I have no interest in and therefore don’t have anything I want to see whereas other times there’s up to 4 clashes happening. Poor planning and also like you say it is also because it is pretty stacked but they’ve made that worse this year with the 1/3 finishes as opposed to 4:30

That end bit is the key, if they had an extra hour to spread the bands across, would probably lend itself to being far less busy.

Already feel like there’s going to be a lot of “let’s watch half an hour here and then run across to catch the last half hour of these” type scenarios 

51 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

I think I'll just try and get tickets for Parcels when they're in Manchester now. Hadn't really listened to them prior to them getting announced but they have since become one of the bands I was really wanting to catch.

Absolutely top drawer live

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

Not been to Mad Cool before but I don't see how there still won't be the same issue at 4am. Was at NOS in 2016 and there is a big majority that stays until the end which I'd assume is the same for Mad Cool if you wanted to watch that last band. 

If it's 3am or 4am it makes no difference if people are watching the last act. For those that don't, they leave about 2am.

Of course it makes a difference!

If you finish at 4.30, you have some leaving at 2ish, some at 3 and some at 4.30.

If you finish at 3 there’s all the people who would have left then PLUS all the people who would have stayed on for one more act.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Of course it makes a difference!

If you finish at 4.30, you have some leaving at 2ish, some at 3 and some at 4.30.

If you finish at 3 there’s all the people who would have left then PLUS all the people who would have stayed on for one more act.

Well why this time won't you have people leaving at 1ish, some at 2 then some at 3?

Its not like a nightclub. People will leave when the act they wanted to see is finished. If the act that the majority wanted to see didn't finish until 3.00am then thats when they all leave. If you don't want to watch that act then you leave before the rush. 

Edited by C_Elrik