Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

5 minutes ago, qz3 said:

o fuck, this schedule is terrible for me, worse than 2018, everything clashes 😞

It seems to finish earlier than previous years (especially the Wednesday) which has meant more clashes as they've tried to fit it all into a tight schedule ffs. 

Didn't someone say that Stormzy wasn't playing this months ago on here? I seem to remember it at the time but thinking surely not. They were either making an educated guess at the time or knew before the organisers did which begs the question to why this announcement/a better replacement wasn't found earlier.

My clashes, or maybe its my strange taste in music:)

Youngblud/Thrice

Placebo/Frank Carter

Metallica/Glass Animals

21 pilots/Chvrches/Fever 333

Deftones\London Grammar\Floating points

The Killers/Comet is coming

Foals/Four Tet

Sleep Token/Incubus

Alt-J/Zeal Ardor

Florence/Editors

7 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Didn't someone say that Stormzy wasn't playing this months ago on here? I seem to remember it at the time but thinking surely not. They were either making an educated guess at the time or knew before the organisers did which begs the question to why this announcement/a better replacement wasn't found earlier.

They said he's cancelled other festivals, but his own website has four listed for the next week, and he's still on the website for two of those.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

3am finish at the weekends??? Fuck that.

Absolute shambles. I probably wouldn't have been as bothered about staying as close to the festival if I knew it was finishing that early so planned a lot around that factor. 1am on the Wednesday is even worse given the lineup is still as stacked. I'd rather them have kept it to 3 days and been less ambitious and kept the timings for those 3 days as normal. They've probably had staffing issues by trying to go for 5 days and cutting it short because of this.

6 minutes ago, qz3 said:

My clashes, or maybe its my strange taste in music:)

Youngblud/Thrice

Placebo/Frank Carter

Metallica/Glass Animals

21 pilots/Chvrches/Fever 333

Deftones\London Grammar\Floating points

The Killers/Comet is coming

Foals/Four Tet

Sleep Token/Incubus

Alt-J/Zeal Ardor

Florence/Editors

The worst clash for me is the Saturday one for me as I had wanted to watch Flume/FATM/Editors and Easy Life and all 4 clash. Thought a couple may clash but never expected 4 to... annoying that Easy Life got switched from the Sunday as that is a pretty dead day atm compared to the rest. They were on the Pyramid Stage at Glasto last week and are on stage 6 at MC...

Edited by Joey01

Happy with that. Going Friday and Saturday so will get seeing 5 or 6 bands I wanted to see.

Worst clash for me is Parcels vs Muse but will probably split my time between both as my wife is not a fan of muse at all. 

3am finish also suits perfectly.

1 minute ago, C_Elrik said:

Happy with that. Going Friday and Saturday so will get seeing 5 or 6 bands I wanted to see.

Worst clash for me is Parcels vs Muse but will probably split my time between both as my wife is not a fan of muse at all. 

3am finish also suits perfectly.

I think I'll just try and get tickets for Parcels when they're in Manchester now. Hadn't really listened to them prior to them getting announced but they have since become one of the bands I was really wanting to catch. Muse I'm more unlikely to catch on tour and the tickets will be more expensive and I think my friends will want to see them so that's the only sacrifice I'll be making at the festival. Think I'm definitely opting for Editors over FATM though despite how controversial it might be in the group as I've seen FATM before and really wanted to catch Editors this time around.