Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

51 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Alt-J are on around 2am (confirmed by the lead singer of Gurriers on FB as they are on at the same time closing Stage 6 - he also said that Zeal & Ardor & Paula Temple are on at this time) so yeah definitely take this random times above names (that are displayed as 'morning') with a pinch of salt.

Lmaoooo this is hilarious ‘cause I just came on here to try and convince a few heads to come see us and I see this. Unless you were chatting to our singer who’s also in the group then I imagine it’s my post you saw. I’m actually one of the guitar players. My name is Mark. 

I’ll spare yas all the full sales pitch but if you wanna see some mad high energy psych rock / noisy punk / shoegazey stuff by a bunch of Irish lads that are very influenced by dance music and hip hop then we’re playing on the Friday night at 2am on stage 6. Bit of a LOL cause we only played our first ever gig together on Halloween last year and this is our first ever festival show. I promise if you come see us you won’t regret it.

Here’s some tunes 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhoBWvKtbw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWVT7ZpaT8

PS. For those curious, the tentative times I saw for the day have our clashes being

Alt J who start at 1.50, 

Zeal & Ardor at 2

Paula Temple at 1:45

That’s all in AM & possibly subject to change, obiemente!!!

theres other stuff on the other stages st the same time too but there was no one really “massive” I can remember off the top of my head so the ones that I listed are definitely gonna be our main “competition” IMO

Anyway hope yas enjoy the tunes and certainly hope to see some of you whether for a beer or in the crowd at our set. Enjoy Mad Cool folks!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joey01 said:

Alt-J are on around 2am (confirmed by the lead singer of Gurriers on FB as they are on at the same time closing Stage 6 - he also said that Zeal & Ardor & Paula Temple are on at this time) so yeah definitely take this random times above names (that are displayed as 'morning') with a pinch of salt.

Maybe it's a time zone issue - someone is entering them on the backend as actual times, and they're showing up 6 hours out. Hmmm? Why not publish to the live site, and see if it corrects? No. Oh, web developer, we have a problem.

Already reported on the NOS and Werchter threads but may as well add it here - Metallica have cancelled tonight's appearance in Switzerland due to Covid in the "Metallica family".

Edited by WFD

13 minutes ago, WFD said:

Already reported on the NOS and Werchter threads but may as well add it here - Metallica have cancelled tonight's appearance in Switzerland due to Covid in the "Metallica family".

Well, I guess they've not cancelled Werchter on Friday yet, so they may be waiting for someone to get better. That may at least by a positive (or a covid negative) for Mad Cool.

Edited by bluenova

28 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Maybe it's a time zone issue - someone is entering them on the backend as actual times, and they're showing up 6 hours out. Hmmm? Why not publish to the live site, and see if it corrects? No. Oh, web developer, we have a problem.

Makes perfect sense on stuffing up on time zones. 

It's 1 week to go until the festival starts and despite forking out more than 150 euros for the Friday, I still don't have a wristband, timetables or even knowledge of how to get back from the site or what I'm allowed to bring.

They've had 3 years to be ready...

8 hours ago, markmac911 said:

Lmaoooo this is hilarious ‘cause I just came on here to try and convince a few heads to come see us and I see this. Unless you were chatting to our singer who’s also in the group then I imagine it’s my post you saw. I’m actually one of the guitar players. My name is Mark. 

I’ll spare yas all the full sales pitch but if you wanna see some mad high energy psych rock / noisy punk / shoegazey stuff by a bunch of Irish lads that are very influenced by dance music and hip hop then we’re playing on the Friday night at 2am on stage 6. Bit of a LOL cause we only played our first ever gig together on Halloween last year and this is our first ever festival show. I promise if you come see us you won’t regret it.

Here’s some tunes 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhoBWvKtbw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWVT7ZpaT8

PS. For those curious, the tentative times I saw for the day have our clashes being

Alt J who start at 1.50, 

Zeal & Ardor at 2

Paula Temple at 1:45

That’s all in AM & possibly subject to change, obiemente!!!

theres other stuff on the other stages st the same time too but there was no one really “massive” I can remember off the top of my head so the ones that I listed are definitely gonna be our main “competition” IMO

Anyway hope yas enjoy the tunes and certainly hope to see some of you whether for a beer or in the crowd at our set. Enjoy Mad Cool folks!

Yes I think it might have been you, apologies! Will definitely try and catch you though as I'm liking your tunes! 

Edited by Joey01

43 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's 1 week to go until the festival starts and despite forking out more than 150 euros for the Friday, I still don't have a wristband, timetables or even knowledge of how to get back from the site or what I'm allowed to bring.

Hopefully this link answers your last query at least (if I'm understanding it right) - http://madcoolfestival.es/en/objects.php?fbclid=IwAR0XGbfSoXOKtB3Pllq1ml2EEslXpTr9-9b14_c-bIL7Q-JMOVwY01mqseo

49 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Hopefully this link answers your last query at least (if I'm understanding it right) - http://madcoolfestival.es/en/objects.php?fbclid=IwAR0XGbfSoXOKtB3Pllq1ml2EEslXpTr9-9b14_c-bIL7Q-JMOVwY01mqseo

Great find. Bizarre that it's not available on one of the dropdown menus.

And according to that, you are not even allowed in with a small bottle of water with the cap off. Is that right? 

If in fact you can, then what other information is wrong?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I asked them on Insta on how to get back to the city at night and they said..

Different transportation alternatives will be available.

And thats it. Very strange to not publish anything given its a week before kick off!!

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Great find. Bizarre that it's not available on one of the dropdown menus.

And according to that, you are not even allowed in with a small bottle of water with the cap off. Is that right? 

If in fact you can, then what other information is wrong?

Last time we went you could take in water in plastic bottles, but they took the tops off. We just took the tops off ourselves and hid them in our hands then put them back on when we were through security.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, LaurentExpos said:

We will definitively catch you set. I love the songs you shared and the sound. Another great band from Dublin!!!!

Thank you 🙏🙏🙏 aye there’s stiff competition at the moment but that’s  what's keeping everyone here on their toes. Highly recommend a band from Belfast called “Enola Gay”, we did our debut shows in the Uk alongisde them in March just gone. They’re the best band in the country alongside Just Mustard, easily 

Have you guys been to any festival this year ?

I just went to nova rock, and the organization was chaotic. From no beer at day one, to cashless system outage, 3 water points for the whole festival, etc ....

We saw 2 hours+ lines to get a working wristband, people crying under the rain, sober crowds ....

It seems that post covid festivals have a really hard time hiring and organizing things, let's hope mad cool is only chaotic before the festival actually happens.

13 minutes ago, the_belette said:

I just went to nova rock, and the organization was chaotic. From no beer at day one, to cashless system outage, 3 water points for the whole festival, etc ....

We saw 2 hours+ lines to get a working wristband, people crying under the rain, sober crowds ....

It seems that post covid festivals have a really hard time hiring and organizing things, let's hope mad cool is only chaotic before the festival actually happens.

I've heard Primavera was very similar, especially with regards to water with some people queueing for hours to get some and people passing out because of it. It's even hotter in Madrid than Barcelona so this could be fatal if this happens here. Although MC have produced a map purely for water points so I am taking it from that they are conscious of the experience from other festivals that have had this issue. There seems to be 8 water points for reference btw but yes I definitely think there is an issue of festivals out of practice because of COVID, trying to oversell (another negative comment I heard from Primavera as they allowed people to keep their 2020/2021 tickets and still sold more in 2022) and because of staff shortages/experience.

Edited by Joey01

6 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

I've heard Primavera was very similar, especially with regards to water with some people queueing for hours to get some and people passing out because of it. It's even hotter in Madrid than Barcelona so this could be fatal if this happens here. Although MC have produced a map purely for water points so I am taking it from that they are conscious of the experience from other festivals that have had this issue. There seems to be 8 water points for reference btw but yes I definitely think there is an issue of festivals out of practice because of COVID, trying to oversell (another negative comment I heard from Primavera as they allowed people to keep their 2020/2021 tickets and still sold more in 2022) and because of staff shortages/experience.

MC were a bit daft in 2018, as they had a problem which left a massive crowd waiting outside, and then gave away free water to everyone after they had got in and they were giving away free hats as soon as you got through the final gate. They'd have made a lot of friends if they'd taken that water and hats and given it out while we were queuing, and not right before we got to the site and could buy drinks.

Hopefully the advance wristbands makes a difference, but I'd recommend everyone take water and a hat just in case there's a delay.

I also suspect that Covid is still causing lots of problems - we've seen how messed up flights have been for everyone, and that's surely going to affect bands, staff and equipment being moved around.

7 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

I was at Primavera which is a night festival and not that hot at all.  At no point did I feel even remotely close to overheating or passing out and when I wanted water I bought it, usually with a 10 min queue, only once was it an hour. Perhaps someone did pass out but with 500,000 people there it's inevitable.

Madrid in July is as you say significantly hotter and as such I would think it's really important to take in an empty bottle (with a hidden cap as suggested) to fill from the fountains, in case there are long queues at the bars.

4 hours ago, Red Day said:

See NoS Alive have announced Stormzy won’t be appearing. You’d think that would be the same for MC 

Is there any reason for him pulling out? They managed to get AJ Tracey in as a replacement quite quickly, and although he's probably not quite as big, it's still a decent like for like replacement on a short notice so I'd hope MC had something up their sleeves like that. Also just seen Sam Fender has also pulled out of RW this weekend because of tonsilitis but you'd like to think he'd have recovered by next Sunday... oh and just seen that The Regrettes have pulled out of tonight's support show with Foals due to COVID. Dropping like flies atm! 

Edited by Joey01

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Benicassim put their timetable out yesterday. It takes place more than a week after Mad Cool...

Their communications are abysmal. It seems to be a festival that’s run by people who’ve never actually been at a festival 

17 hours ago, the_belette said:

Generally, I would say all festivals increased their capacity a bit and that created some issues here and there...
At novarock you had the big rain. I wasn't there but kudos to the organizers for not letting cars in the parking the day before as some vehicles would still be there I'm sure. Can't talk about the other issues though.

Rock im Park few days before Novarock had fairly good organization with the exception of the two front of (main) stage sectors blocked by bars and toilets on both sides which caused HUGE bottlenecks. Otherwise all was pretty decent. 

Primavera W2 was way worse. Way too few toilets. Almost no water points. At the bars, drinks were poured in the same cups people return - wtf. The 2 main stages with the huge sound decks platform (and VIP behind it) was just ridiculous. Facepalm. huuuge bottlenecks there. The first day with Gorillaz was absolutely horrible. All days after 1am the festival smells like shit and piss. I was really sorry for the team at the merch stand right next to the toilets. I hope they're still alive. This was my first time at Prima and probably the last.

Pinkpop - 2 weeks ago had the classic festival experience. I really enjoyed it. For some reason they still use plastic, non-reusable cups and at 4pm the festival ground is absolute garbage site. Hope they fix this for the next edition. Queues and stuff were okay if you have some festival experience and know what you're doing and when to go where. Overall no complains.

Hellfest Weekend 2 was just amazing in terms feel, design, organization... everything. I have few minor suggestions but overall highly recommended if you like this music.

I'm sure Madcool will have bad organization but who cares - Deftones will be playing:)

7 hours ago, Joey01 said:

Is there any reason for him pulling out? They managed to get AJ Tracey in as a replacement quite quickly, and although he's probably not quite as big, it's still a decent like for like replacement on a short notice so I'd hope MC had something up their sleeves like that. Also just seen Sam Fender has also pulled out of RW this weekend because of tonsilitis but you'd like to think he'd have recovered by next Sunday... oh and just seen that The Regrettes have pulled out of tonight's support show with Foals due to COVID. Dropping like flies atm! 

I wonder if AJ Tracey was already performing with Stormzy?

NOS Alive dropped their schedule last night, so fingers crossed we get Mad Cool today.

The news for the Regrettes is pretty grim - "a few of us" with Covid. Hopefully it's not been passed on to Foals.

Edited by bluenova

43 minutes ago, r55N said:

Generally, I would say all festivals increased their capacity a bit and that created some issues here and there...
At novarock you had the big rain. I wasn't there but kudos to the organizers for not letting cars in the parking the day before as some vehicles would still be there I'm sure. Can't talk about the other issues though.

Rock im Park few days before Novarock had fairly good organization with the exception of the two front of (main) stage sectors blocked by bars and toilets on both sides which caused HUGE bottlenecks. Otherwise all was pretty decent. 

Primavera W2 was way worse. Way too few toilets. Almost no water points. At the bars, drinks were poured in the same cups people return - wtf. The 2 main stages with the huge sound decks platform (and VIP behind it) was just ridiculous. Facepalm. huuuge bottlenecks there. The first day with Gorillaz was absolutely horrible. All days after 1am the festival smells like shit and piss. I was really sorry for the team at the merch stand right next to the toilets. I hope they're still alive. This was my first time at Prima and probably the last.

Pinkpop - 2 weeks ago had the classic festival experience. I really enjoyed it. For some reason they still use plastic, non-reusable cups and at 4pm the festival ground is absolute garbage site. Hope they fix this for the next edition. Queues and stuff were okay if you have some festival experience and know what you're doing and when to go where. Overall no complains.

Hellfest Weekend 2 was just amazing in terms feel, design, organization... everything. I have few minor suggestions but overall highly recommended if you like this music.

I'm sure Madcool will have bad organization but who cares - Deftones will be playing:)

Yeah I can't blame them for the rain and their reaction, which was pretty good. It just looked like they let more people in that the amount they could manage. At least we saw great shows, but I won't go back to nova rock because of alle these flaws.

I heard that Hellfest organization was top notch and even improving year after year, would be great if they become the new standard 🙂

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Red Day said:

See NoS Alive have announced Stormzy won’t be appearing. You’d think that would be the same for MC 

If bands are still pulling out/rescheduling, it’s probably why they’re still dragging their heels with it.

I think if this was any other year I’d be absolutely livid as I love to have things planned out in advance, and I always spend ages looking through the clash finder trying to work out who I’m going to see. I think because of Covid and the delay with us getting their I’m almost just grateful to be going.

On a side note, I went to see Kings of Leon last night as a friend had a spare ticket. Their new album comes across quite good live but they didn’t really have a lot of interaction with the crowd, which I suppose is nothing new for them. Will definitely go check them out if they don’t clash with anyone