Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Fair enough, though I can’t as hotel and travel pre-paid and in any case they are saying I can’t have a refund as the window is already closed (they didn’t previously specify a closing date).

Anyway I hope everyone enjoys it.

That's fair. I was always worried that the festival would get cancelled if Covid was still impacting but thought sure a few days in Madrid wouldn't be a bad compromise. Hope you enjoy what you can.

11 minutes ago, C_Elrik said:

For anyone that has been before, what would be the walking distance/time between Stage 1 and Stage 3?

If you have a clear path about 5 minutes, but similarly to last time I went (2018) it looks like there is a sort of bottle neck around Stage 6 and the food stalls so you can encounter either a lot of people going against you or a big crowd of people to combat at busier times

Hi

Has anyone found a FAQ section. Been struggling to find anything with the boring stuff about you can and cant bring with you. Bag Size, Sun Cream, Sealed Water etc.

I would  have expected to find the boring stuff filed away somewhere on their website.

I know we haven’t even done this year’s festival yet, but I was talking to my friend the other day as we were trying to work out when Springsteen will be playing the UK.

We have a working theory that next year Mad Cool and Nos might end up being 4 days next year again, with Springsteen doing Nos on the Wednesday, Mad Cool on the Friday and then Hyde Park on the Sunday. The gap between May and June looks too big for him not to be doing the UK dates then, and the fact there’s a week off where these festivals normally happen lends itself to the idea he’s got something planned. The Hyde Park idea just came from the fact he’s in Germany over Glasto weekend and I think he’s more likely to play his own show there than anywhere else. 

(This is all of course if Mad Cool is even on next year, but we’ll see)

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I wonder what other changes they have known about but are hiding from us...

Maybe some? Maybe none? Who knows! Maybe @Ken19 does? He has not replied to that comment.

However there were drop outs at Glasto because of Covid and that may well also be the case for Mad Cool

Lets face facts  -  if anyone doesn't turn up  -  it will be blamed on Covid!

14 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Maybe some? Maybe none? Who knows! Maybe @Ken19 does? He has not replied to that comment.

However there were drop outs at Glasto because of Covid and that may well also be the case for Mad Cool

Lets face facts  -  if anyone doesn't turn up  -  it will be blamed on Covid!

Only 2 bands cancelled Glastonbury due to Covid and there are vastly more acts there than at Mad Cool.

Edited by xxialac

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Only 2 bands cancelled Glastonbury due to Covid and there are vastly more acts there than at Mad Cool.

Understood, but my point remains, any band that pulls out will more than likely be blamed on covid and its always an issue for ANY festival that ANY band could pull out because of covid 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Are the times even right? Pixies and Alt-J at 8pm? Flume at 10pm? 

Omnishambles.

For a festival that ran 5:00pm-5:00am last time I was there, surely there’s a possibility that these bands are on these times? Especially as the “main” headliners are usually on between 10-1

With that being said this is Mad Cool so I would definitely take all of these with a pinch of salt until they confirm them properly 

Edited by 49Lawson

6 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

For a festival that ran 5:00pm-5:00am last time I was there, surely there’s a possibility that these bands are on these times? Especially as the “main” headliners are usually on between 10-1

With that being said this is Mad Cool so I would definitely take all of these with a pinch of salt until they confirm them properly 

Can't be bothered to spell the name of their artists properly, give up after a half-arsed uploading of a dozen of the timings on their website and yeah you're right Pixies could just about be on at 8 o'clock I suppose (but not at 08.00).

Yep, pinch of salt.

image.png.944feda8e3b5ae67e719022c7debdc4d.png

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

Are the times even right? Pixies and Alt-J at 8pm? Flume at 10pm? 

Omnishambles.

Alt-J are on around 2am (confirmed by the lead singer of Gurriers on FB as they are on at the same time closing Stage 6 - he also said that Zeal & Ardor & Paula Temple are on at this time) so yeah definitely take this random times above names (that are displayed as 'morning') with a pinch of salt.