Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

Pretty underwhelming but most people on here expected 0 replacements for the 2 headliners so at least we have 1 (not that I’m a big fan of Incubus). More to the point is why have they not detailed the other changes? I’ve had to put them both side by side to find out what else has changed and noticed that Don Broco is now playing, Animal Collective aren’t, Easy Life and Blood Red Shoes have swapped days - anything else?

Not sure what to say really. Fine with the bump for Alt-J and happy to see a longer set by them. I guess that was always on the cards as at some point in the past they were on the poster with Royal Blood as headliners. So always a potential bump to make as Royal Blood will be if some one bails out on that day.

Incubus! Can't say I know much about them and would have called thousands of names before I got around to that guess. I know so little about them  that I don't know if this is a  good announcement or shockingly poor. Still happy with my ticket but does leave that day looking weak compaired to other days. I am now really hoping they do not clash Muse & War on Drugs.

Be interesting to see what those who were not happy with the delay in replacing FNM think.

3 minutes ago, Prophet of Doom said:

Haha are they taking piss with that lineup update ???? 

Well at least we all presumed they would let us down and they have. 

The best thing is that they said there will be lots of surprises to come to one user on Instagram when they asked about an update on the lineup…

3 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

The best thing is that they said there will be lots of surprises to come to one user on Instagram when they asked about an update on the lineup…

Maybe B2B Incubis & Succubis.

tbf, i thought both were/are had split years ago

29 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Pretty underwhelming but most people on here expected 0 replacements for the 2 headliners so at least we have 1 (not that I’m a big fan of Incubus). More to the point is why have they not detailed the other changes? I’ve had to put them both side by side to find out what else has changed and noticed that Don Broco is now playing, Animal Collective aren’t, Easy Life and Blood Red Shoes have swapped days - anything else?

Pale Waves, Hobo Johnson, Cherry Glazer, Dream Wife I can't see. Princess Nokia moved to the 10th.

Not great as I had Pale Waves, Animal Collective, Blood Red Shoes, Cherry Glazer, and Dream Wife on my list of highlights.

Bang Bang Romeo appear to have gone too. Quite a chunk of similar indie bands disappearing all at once.

Edited by bluenova

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Pale Waves, Hobo Johnson, Cherry Glazer, Dream Wife I can't see. Princess Nokia moved to the 10th.

Not great as I had Pale Waves, Animal Collective, Blood Red Shoes, Cherry Glazer, and Dream Wife on my list of highlights.

Not happy with loosing Pale Waves & Cherry Glazer but doubt we have seen the last of the changes. 

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Not happy with loosing Pale Waves & Cherry Glazer but doubt we have seen the last of the changes. 

I had 15 bands in my Spotify wants, and 6 went in that list. Nobody added that I've heard of.

Expected, with all the upheaval that there would be lots of changes - gutted I was so unlucky though

For anyone who hasn't seen the email - this lists the additions:

---

Mad Cool's Festival line-up for its fifth edition will close up with 21 new additions, with INCUBUS as headliner for Friday, July 8th. It also includes the music of Mother Mother, Don Broco, CL, Only The Poets, Alyona Alyona, Noisy, Alina Pash, ORSLOK, Jimena Amarillo, b1n0, Florence Arman, Gurriers, Megane Mercury, Gui Aly, Amor Líquido, Mori, Andreew, Miqui Brightside (dj set), Laura Put dj and Mechudo (dj set). The finishing touch which makes this year's line-up a historical one, so that we can shine together again.

----

And one for @Prophet of Doom

----

Also, from Mad Cool Festival we regret to announce Queens of the Stone Age’s cancellation which, for reasons beyond the festival's control, has been forced to cancel their entire tour. We apologize and ask for your understanding. Despite the effort made for months to try to keep the band in Mad Cool Festival's line-up, in the end it has not been possible.

Taking into consideration the change in the headlines for Friday, returns will be available for those of you who have day tickets (Friday, July 8th).

----

Are they actually saying that they tried to work on QotSA after they'd cancelled elsewhere? Could explain the message not so long ago saying they hadn't yet cancelled.

• Upvote 1

In fairness they have added some massive acts:

“It also includes the music of MotherMother, Don Broco, CL, Only The Poets, Alyona Alyona, Noisy, Alina Pash, ORSLOK, Jimena Amarillo, b1n0, Florence Arman, Gurriers, Megane Mercury, Gui Aly, Amor Líquido, Mori, Andreew, Miqui Brightside (dj set), Laura Put dj and Mechudo (dj set)”

Incubus headlining haha. This is more of a stretch than prophets of rage headlining a few years ago.

Anyway, ofc there will also be also other last minute changes because of covid and stuff like that, i don't think anyone will avoid that this summer, hopefully it won't happen for the biggest names.