Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

On 6/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, xxialac said:

Nope.

If you write a press release "At the festival we are already working to find a replacement band",

...they are signalling that they are doing all they can to replace the band *quickly*. It doesn't imply that they might not be able to bring in a replacement at all - had this been a risk they would have used other wording.

They have pledged a replacement.

We will agree to disagree - either way, what ever they are doing, they will have to do it soon or muse will have to play for hours - I’d be happy with that 

Based on Mad Cool’s history for having tremendous line ups but being logistical nightmares, I’m far more concerned about what they put up last night on Instagram about how the wristbands will be used for a cashless service than I am about them not announcing FNM’s replacement 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Based on Mad Cool’s history for having tremendous line ups but being logistical nightmares, I’m far more concerned about what they put up last night on Instagram about how the wristbands will be used for a cashless service than I am about them not announcing FNM’s replacement 

Aye. If their logistics are as good as their media people, they’ll probably forget to put up any stages.

Less than one month to go, not that you’d know it.

52 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Aye. If their logistics are as good as their media people, they’ll probably forget to put up any stages.

I’ve been wondering lately if they employ different people to run their different social medias. Their Instagram has been fairly active for a while now (granted on their story more so than actual posts but there’s a definite presence there) but their Twitter is like a morgue  

31 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’ve been wondering lately if they employ different people to run their different social medias. Their Instagram has been fairly active for a while now (granted on their story more so than actual posts but there’s a definite presence there) but their Twitter is like a morgue  

Kids running Mad Cool's insta: Twitter?

3 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah me to as I expect the lineup to be effected anyway to some degree.

Think I made a big error, I opted to collect my wrist band in Madrid in case it got lost in the post or arrived after I had left for Madrid. I  knew it would be a  pain to collect at the festival with potential que's etc to collect them but not looking forward to adding in trying to add credit to it on the first day after collecting the band. Hoping when you pick them up you can add credit there and then.

Assumed the festival might be cashless but not a fan of these wrist band systems.

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Think I made a big error, I opted to collect my wrist band in Madrid in case it got lost in the post or arrived after I had left for Madrid. I  knew it would be a  pain to collect at the festival with potential que's etc to collect them but not looking forward to adding in trying to add credit to it on the first day after collecting the band. Hoping when you pick them up you can add credit there and then.

I did the same, for the same reasons, but then forgot to do the same for the day 5 wristbands, which of course have now safely turned up well ahead of time.  So now wishing I'd opted for home delivery for the day 1-4 bands, but also wondering if I can top up the day 5 ones now and use them for payment throughout the five days (though would mean wearing two wristbands throughout) - presumably the system doesn't distinguish.  Might just put a token amount on each and if it doesn't work we can always spend it on day 5.

13 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah me to as I expect the lineup to be effected anyway to some degree.

Assumed the festival might be cashless but not a fan of these wrist band systems.

If you go into the Mad Cool Area, doesn't it show you the wrist band number? That's all you need to top up, so you could always top up in advance, so when you collect it's already got money on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

I did the same, for the same reasons, but then forgot to do the same for the day 5 wristbands, which of course have now safely turned up well ahead of time.  So now wishing I'd opted for home delivery for the day 1-4 bands, but also wondering if I can top up the day 5 ones now and use them for payment throughout the five days (though would mean wearing two wristbands throughout) - presumably the system doesn't distinguish.  Might just put a token amount on each and if it doesn't work we can always spend it on day 5.

I did think at the time, whatever I chose would be the wrong decision 🙂

My main worry is really potential flight delays.

Do hope we don't have to many problems with collecting the wristbands but probably best to expect the worst and then be happy if it turns out to be a smooth process (Although, I doub't it and expect to be lining up for ages )

5 minutes ago, bluenova said:

If you go into the Mad Cool Area, doesn't it show you the wrist band number? That's all you need to top up, so you could always top up in advance, so when you collect it's already got money on it.

Cheers, never thought of that. Sounds like a good plan.

14 minutes ago, ThomasP said:

We have already had our return home flights cancelled. Will now be taking the train to Valencia on the Sunday to fly home. 

Very much worried about further cancellations. 

That sucks. Out of curiosity what airline are you with? 

1 hour ago, ThomasP said:

We have already had our return home flights cancelled. Will now be taking the train to Valencia on the Sunday to fly home. 

Animal collective..... 

27 minutes ago, Degu said:

Animal collective..... 

Probably better they cancel than your airline.

I guess we have an idea of how things will go now Primavera has gone ahead. Not hopeful for any big name replacements, and prepare for the odd late disappointment, but at least it happened and most bands played.

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Really? Apart from the first day in 2018 which was somewhere on the scale of bad to very bad, it's been great. In fact, 2019 was the most pain/admin-free experience I've ever had at a festival and that applies to all 4 days. Don't recall a single queue to get in, bars were mostly immediate or short-ish queues at peak times, even the queues for the free and reliable shuttle weren't bad at all. Only annoying thing is the fairly long walk from the Metro to the gate but not sure what they could do about that. 

34 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Really? Apart from the first day in 2018 which was somewhere on the scale of bad to very bad, it's been great. In fact, 2019 was the most pain/admin-free experience I've ever had at a festival and that applies to all 4 days. Don't recall a single queue to get in, bars were mostly immediate or short-ish queues at peak times, even the queues for the free and reliable shuttle weren't bad at all. Only annoying thing is the fairly long walk from the Metro to the gate but not sure what they could do about that. 

2019 didn't queue long for anything. Was very good and crowds well spread out.

Was a great fest imo 

3 hours ago, ThomasP said:

That's a bit rubbish but think for a while, thats going to be a real issue when booking trips. 

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

My negative comment was only about the media (the only thing I have to go on as I've never been).

It’ll split opinion but I think we’re mostly happy with that overall. I’ve never seen Incubus so I’m fine with them being the replacement, and QOTSA are one of my fiancé’s favourite bands, but so are Don Broco so she’s happy she’s getting them instead. 

Noticed a couple of bands have been moved around too, and ultimately it’s still one of the strongest line ups in Europe this year. Just crossing my fingers out flights don’t get cancelled and we get the weather now. See you all there!