Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

2 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Mad cool have released a statement saying that FNM will not be there. Also i believe that someone on here posted a comment from Mad cool stating QOTSA have not informed them that they aren't playing. That could be BS or could be true.

Yeah, that could be true, you're right.

In other news, I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you. £1,000. Make you instantly good looking and successful. Shall I send you my deets?

28 minutes ago, Prophet of Doom said:

The message that ‘they’re working on it’ was on the 10th December 2021 after FNM cancelled. They haven’t put out out any other official messages this year. 

In fact they haven’t even officially confirmed QOTSA are not playing and still have both QOTSA and FNM on their pinned lineup. They even responded to an email from one punter saying ‘they haven’t been informed they aren’t playing’ ! You couldn’t make it up. 

They posted that they were "We continue working on Friday" on 21st April (on an Instagram story when they announced more names for their other festivals - there's a screenshot on this forum).

They've also been saying the same to people on social media. I won't trawl through everything, but it took me about a minute to find a comment from two weeks ago on Facebook about Friday that Mad Cool replied to with  "We are working on it, you will have information soon". (That one is under their 4th May post about Mad Cool Sunset tickets)

I'm not convinced they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat at this stage, but they are suggesting otherwise.

43 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, that could be true, you're right.

In other news, I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you. £1,000. Make you instantly good looking and successful. Shall I send you my deets?

I'm already good looking and successful but appreciate your offer 

Ahhhh so they posted it on Instagram. Didn’t realise it was my responsibility to log on to every possibly social media outlet in the hope of finding an update. 

I was just relying on their official Twitter Site for updates ( along with the other 45000 users on that site ). The Twitter site that has a pinned tweet with a lineup 6 months out of date !

Find it really weird that anybody would try and defend the organisers. I get more social media updates on my local village fete than I do from this shambles of an operation. 

Their latest nugget is not sending wrist bands to those that requested ( but sending wrist bands to punters that have cancelled ). Genius 

It’s interesting that some have used Primavera losing Massive Attack as some sort of justification for being a shambles. It brought back vivid memories of waiting to see Massive Attack at Mad Cool when the band pulled the plug on the gig cause the organisers had put the hangar far too close to one of the stages so that all we could hear was a bleed of noise from Franz Ferdinand !!! Genius 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prophet of Doom said:

Ahhhh so they posted it on Instagram. Didn’t realise it was my responsibility to log on to every possibly social media outlet in the hope of finding an update. 

I was just relying on their official Twitter Site for updates ( along with the other 45000 users on that site ). The Twitter site that has a pinned tweet with a lineup 6 months out of date !

Find it really weird that anybody would try and defend the organisers. I get more social media updates on my local village fete than I do from this shambles of an operation. 

Their latest nugget is not sending wrist bands to those that requested ( but sending wrist bands to punters that have cancelled ). Genius 

It’s interesting that some have used Primavera losing Massive Attack as some sort of justification for being a shambles. It brought back vivid memories of waiting to see Massive Attack at Mad Cool when the band pulled the plug on the gig cause the organisers had put the hangar far too close to one of the stages so that all we could hear was a bleed of noise from Franz Ferdinand !!! Genius 

I thought you might find it of interest that they had recently posted multiple times about working on finding someone for Friday.

I agree that their comms are haphazard and the situation with not updating QOTSA is very poor. I posted on here about the wristband issue and that it's a major fuckup. I even posted that, although they say they're working on Friday I'm not convinced at this stage that will be possible, as no-one else appears to have secured any major replacements.

Given that, it's a shame you called it weird and suggested I'm defending the organisers, when I've simply pointed out that your criticism of my post (when you said I was referring to six month old updates), was mistaken, and told you where I seen recent updates. I thought I did this in quite a non-confrontational manner too, by providing the info with no comment.

Still, I think we all agree that it's been pretty shambolic, but now at least you know they *say* they're "working on it" 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prophet of Doom said:

I'm not try to defend them. All, I am interested in is whether I get value for money for the ticket I purchased as it stands I will.

I just find it odd that we often get a case of double standards if Primerva do it, its fine if Madcool then its bad. Not that it bothers me much as I am fine with the Madcool lineup situation. Although, it does puzzle me that if Madcool is so bad why do many people buy tickets and continue to do. So for all those who are not happy they appeal to enough to shift tickets.

If Madcool is so bad, why did you get a ticket? Clearly, you don't trust or like them.

As for sound bleed, almost every festival I have been to has issues to some extent. I was not there for MA,so have to assume it was as bad as reported on here.

I only mentioned MA as its an example of how difficult it will be for any festival to keep things together in the current and future climate. Even if covid is not the issue, its going to be an easy get out clause for acts and festivals. In my opinion, its not only Madcool that has issues. If a festival handles comms well, it makes no difference to  me if they do not follow through  with the goods. I dont know how many festivals had FNM & QOFSA cancel on them. For me, I dont care how well they communicated it but whether they actually done something about it and replaced them.  Saying it well and saying sorry over and over again does not cut it with me, its the bottom or should I  say top line that matters.

But MC have not even communicated that QOTSA has pulled out yet ? They have continued to advertise they are playing ! 

I imagine a large portion of people that  have bought Friday only tickets aren’t even aware that they aren’t playing.

But we go round in circles. MC is  a fantastic festival when actually there. I’ve had amazing times when there in the past and I’m sure it will be in again in July. 

Just so frustrating that they seem so amateur compared to other festivals in so many areas. 

Sorry if this was discussed already...
I just received my full festival (4 days) wristband. Are there other wristbands for the 5th day with Jack White (should I wait for something else) or we'll enter with a ticket for this day? How does this work

8 hours ago, r55N said:

Sorry if this was discussed already...
I just received my full festival (4 days) wristband. Are there other wristbands for the 5th day with Jack White (should I wait for something else) or we'll enter with a ticket for this day? How does this work

I go only for the fifth day, as the previous ones I will go to Nos Alive. Bought the ticket for Sunday in November and in my personal MC area it is shown that I will receive the bracelet to attend; so I had to fill the form with my address for the shipping

That might explain why I've got a shipping notification for wristbands, even though I'd gone in and ticked "collect at venue" on our 4-day orders, I didn't think to do the same for the extra day so maybe they are sending them. 

53 minutes ago, WFD said:

That might explain why I've got a shipping notification for wristbands, even though I'd gone in and ticked "collect at venue" on our 4-day orders, I didn't think to do the same for the extra day so maybe they are sending them. 

I done collect at venue, and yet 6 days later, the wristbands turned up!

33 minutes ago, Shieki Kiki said:

Random Question, does anyone know if you can freely smoke anywhere in the Festival arena or is there designated areas? 

I know it must be difficult to believe from such an outstandingly organised festival, but there is very little festival information on the website. 

TIA

Never had a problem smoking in 2018. On the first day they were even handing out little pocket ashtray thingies, I held on to one for the duration of the festival, as there's more or less no ashtrays inside and the ground is all astroturf.

there is no problem with smoking, but once security at the entrance desperately looking for weed in my pockets and hip bag, he saw tobacco and was thinking that I definitely have weed, but it was hidden very deep  🙂

Hey guys, really sorry if this has been asked here before but I can't find anything.

I've got a Thursday ticket to sell that I bought years ago. Have been wanting to sell it on TicketSwap for a while but not available yet. Has anyone had any luck selling a ticket they no longer need? Happy to sell for less than face value. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Hey guys, really sorry if this has been asked here before but I can't find anything.

I've got a Thursday ticket to sell that I bought years ago. Have been wanting to sell it on TicketSwap for a while but not available yet. Has anyone had any luck selling a ticket they no longer need? Happy to sell for less than face value. Thank you!

MC are pretty tight on resales.

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/tickets-conditions.php

1 hour ago, Eugenio said:

Does Anyone know how much is the cost of a cab to travel from the airport to Pullman or Novotel campo de las naciones hotel (IFEMA area)? The hotels are close to the airport, so I do not know if it is better to take a taxi or the metro to arrive there

I stayed at Novotel last time I was there. It’s literally about 2 stations away from the airport for about €1.40 (well, it was in 2018)

It’s pricey but easily the best hotel for where Mad Cool is based, after the bands finish at 4am it’s little more than a 5 minute walk back to the hotel

10 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Does this mean it’s essentially impossible to buy a 4 day pass unless they put more up for sale?  I was hoping to buy one on resale, but I might just buy tickets for Friday and Sat (still for sale) if there’s a chance they don’t even let me in.

37 minutes ago, Spacedementia36 said:

Does this mean it’s essentially impossible to buy a 4 day pass unless they put more up for sale?  I was hoping to buy one on resale, but I might just buy tickets for Friday and Sat (still for sale) if there’s a chance they don’t even let me in.

No, not really. Think the terms are more to cover their back in the event of scams etc. so that they can't be held responsible. They even say on their FAQ's page that it's possible to pass your tickets/wristbands on to a friend so you would be able to buy it still (use Twickets/Ticketswap as it's face value and you're protected by them) and then you can change the name/address of the wristband if it hasn't yet been sent out to the person yet or similarly update that when coming to top up the wristband if it has been sent out to them (they'd have to then send it out to you though). 

However... festicket keep releasing the odd few tickets every now and then before they sell out. This has happened about 10-15 times since I put a tracker on the webpage a few weeks back. I myself got tickets this way and the wristbands have all now been sent out to me. So it'd be worth using a tracker like ChangeTower and this webpage https://www.festicket.com/es/eventgenius/mad-cool-festival/shop/25858/ to avoid any doubt with re-sellers online.

• Upvote 2