Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

24 minutes ago, DDave said:

Muse aside, that could be an OK festival. RTJ does point towards to Rage but the rest of the line ups not really geared towards that kind of band imo

Unless RATM changed things (again) RTJ makes them very likely actually. There‘s been multiple leaks for September dates and with their meticulously schedule with exactly one day off between shows, RTJ would need to play 3 shows in a row in 3 different places if they use their off day to play the festival while supporting RATM on their tour.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

Going into Easter break and Mad Cool still missing most of the headliners for Friday.

And even though they’re still listed on the lineup, QOTSA cancelled in (checks notes) January…

New post in the Mad Cool thread, wonder what it is.

Oh, it's xxialac complaining for the 55th time!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, bluenova said:

And you get to see Queens of the Stone Age too.

Be something if it turns out that they actually are coming after all this. Much as I'm aware it's close to impossible at best and I'm surprised it hasn't been at least acknowledged.

Edited by charlierc

At the moment, I am more worried about flights then line-up changes that are going to end up happening at all festivals to some degree. At least when I had to change the initial flights when it got cancelled, I decided to re-book and go to Madrid for a few  extra days before the start of the festival. That is starting to look like a good decision.

Pre-pandamic I would often fly abroad on the day or day before a gig. These days, I cant say I have that much confidence in flights going as planned. For that reason, this is the only oversea festival I have booked and thats only because its a rollover. Until the logistics of travel get much better, I doubt I will be doing many gigs abroad.

We might be getting on with life but sick leave is going to be an issue for quiet some time and I think most companies have resolved themselves to that issue.

The flight industry has the additional problem that there are so many staff groups who can throw a spanner in the works. Flight crews, engineers, baggage handlers, ticket staff, border force, air traffic control, security staff etc. It only takes one group to be short and it has a knock on effect. Plus planes stuck at the wrong destinations etc if/when flight crews are not available.

Also, the demand for holidays/trips is so high. We might have missed gigs/festivals during the pandemic but for most people with disposable income, the one thing they all missed was going abroad for holidays. So, I  think when things go wrong it wil not be so easy to put you on another flight. It would also be easier if so many airlines did not overbook flights but thats not going to change when they expect a few passenegers to cancel with covid.

Flight disruption is just another part of living with covid.

I messaged Mad Cool’s Twitter regarding a couple of queries including the QOTSA one and it sounds like they haven’t informed Mad Cool that they’ll be cancelling *yet*… pretty weird that all the other festivals have confirmed it suggesting that QOTSA have contacted them or the festivals have been proactive and got a confirmation from them but there is still a chance, albeit slim, that they may still play. No news is good news etc etc

AB4CBDE7-68A6-4714-9FDB-1A6404ED800F.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

I messaged Mad Cool’s Twitter regarding a couple of queries including the QOTSA one and it sounds like they haven’t informed Mad Cool that they’ll be cancelling *yet*… pretty weird that all the other festivals have confirmed it suggesting that QOTSA have contacted them or the festivals have been proactive and got a confirmation from them but there is still a chance, albeit slim, that they may still play. No news is good news etc etc

I think they're just trolling @xxialac now.

Although maybe \Mad Cool will be waiting on the 8th, and at about 6pm someone will say, "do you think we should call them? Just in case?"

3 hours ago, Joey01 said:

Mad Cool knows best and of course they're going to play (and they've even planned for David Bowie and Prince to join them as surprise guests).

6 hours ago, Joey01 said:

Interesting that they're waiting for an unrelated band called Queens Of Stone to inform them that QOTSA are cancelling

• Upvote 1

I like the idea this thread is still going to arguing about whether QOTSA are going to be there or not just as they take to the stage. I still would very surprised given all the other cancellations and their invisible social media activity, which I don't think even mentioned they were doing this performance, but it would be something.

1 hour ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

is it just me but do not Arcade Fire just feel like an obvious replacement for QOSTA due to that they are taking literally every single slot possible to them recently and feel they still appeal to the rock crowd.

That would be nice and yes when I saw the Koko advert they did come to mind. I guess nnow when any headliners pull out at any festival they will be name that gets bandied about.

4 minutes ago, Shini619 said:

Well my hobo johnson ticket for a UK show just before Mc has been cancelled so I would imagine his europe tour is cancelled. Wouldnt expect an update from mad cool if it is the case 🤣

My first thought was who? Maybe it's just me but doubt that many people would even notice if they left them on the poster or  tokk them off.

7 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

is it just me but do not Arcade Fire just feel like an obvious replacement for QOSTA due to that they are taking literally every single slot possible to them recently and feel they still appeal to the rock crowd.

Me would like that very much