Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Every time I see this thread pop up I keep thinking they've finally booked a replacement for Queens of the Stone Age as Muse's fellow headliners. Take it that's still being waited on. Although they are still noted as playing Musilac Festival in France if that counts for anything, even if Songkick incorrectly said they're still down for another French festival.

No, Musilac announced qotsa cancelled their show a month ago.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

I appreciate Mad Cool's communication has been pretty abysmal and a lot of things that people should know isn't, but if the tickets are saying Valdebebas is still in use, I'd say that's sufficient enough. Their Facebook page is also still listing the site as the location.

Of course they can do more. Just had a look for my curiosity and their last Tweet was in February, promoting a Valentine's ticket offer, and on their Facebook, there's still comments asking why QOTSA are still on the bill.

Who even is around to take care of that issue anyway?

Yeah a majority of those comments on Facebook are me 😂😂

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

I've literally just downloaded my ticket from the MadCool Space, having validated it per their instruction today, and nowhere on the ticket does it state the location.

To remind, this is an organisation with a 25million euro budget.

I think mad cool must just be picking on you, it’s definitely on my ticket 

I’d also add - I wouldn’t be surprised if the venue did change - this is mad cool after all.

Didnt it happen with Dr Music festival a few years back - supposed to take place in a beautiful mountain setting and then took place at a race track?  

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

I've literally just downloaded my ticket from the MadCool Space, having validated it per their instruction today, and nowhere on the ticket does it state the location.

To remind, this is an organisation with a 25million euro budget.

Yeah - I checked the same yesterday. It's not on my new 2022 tickets @jonnytee1 that you download from the Mad Cool area.

At least it's been confirmed to someone on this thread a few days ago (p37).

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I’d also add - I wouldn’t be surprised if the venue did change - this is mad cool after all.

Didnt it happen with Dr Music festival a few years back - supposed to take place in a beautiful mountain setting and then took place at a race track?  

I remember looking at the original venue - pretty sure there was something bizarre about most accommodation being a little away from the festival, but they mentioned the possibility that with heavy snow this might be cut off from the festival site!

Berlin festival did it a few years ago too. I went to the festival at Templehof a couple of times - they had lots of issues but it was a fantastic location and great experience - but in their final year, they moved it away from the airport (which was one of the coolest venues you can imagine) at short notice to a warehouse complex, even cutting down the line up.

The worst part was they made out this was a great thing as it was more in tune with the ethos of the festival 😕

43 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Yeah - I checked the same yesterday. It's not on my new 2022 tickets @jonnytee1 that you download from the Mad Cool area.

At least it's been confirmed to someone on this thread a few days ago (p37).

I'm worried now  - i ordered through the official Mad Cool website but my tickets were emailed to me right there and then!

Does anyone else have print off copies of tickets?

2 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I'm worried now  - i ordered through the official Mad Cool website but my tickets were emailed to me right there and then!

Does anyone else have print off copies of tickets?

If you log into the Mad Cool Area of the website with your original ticket details then the new ones will be there. They still plan on sending out wristbands, but it's a reassuring way of checking tickets (e.g. mine were bought in 2019! and some were original FNAC packs).

6 hours ago, bluenova said:

I remember looking at the original venue - pretty sure there was something bizarre about most accommodation being a little away from the festival, but they mentioned the possibility that with heavy snow this might be cut off from the festival site!

Berlin festival did it a few years ago too. I went to the festival at Templehof a couple of times - they had lots of issues but it was a fantastic location and great experience - but in their final year, they moved it away from the airport (which was one of the coolest venues you can imagine) at short notice to a warehouse complex, even cutting down the line up.

The worst part was they made out this was a great thing as it was more in tune with the ethos of the festival 😕

I remember that. That was pathetic, might as well have moved it to Bielefeld or smth. 

I see there's a few people in their twitter replies who have no idea about QOTSA cancelling. I think it's partially on the band too as they've never said anything but it does show that while we're very keen to keep on top of stuff like this, it's not a great for Mad Cool to promote them on the lineup for months after we've known about them cancelling their tour.

10 minutes ago, Prophet of Doom said:

Strange how anybody can defend them for their lack of info in recent months. 

The lineup sticky on their Twitter site still has bands on there like FNM that pulled out months ago. That must be skirting close to fraud in my opinion. 

Absolute cowboys running the show. 

I agree it’s not great, still shows FNM on their “line up” section on Instagram as well as other bands who won’t be there. 

I’d imagine that although updates have not been forthcoming, they have legal teams who know what they can and can’t get away with…… doesn’t make it morally correct though. 

The only way it will change would be if people didn’t go, but that won’t happen. It just won’t. 

It’s not really about defending them, their efforts this year are shoddy and have been every year prior to this. Im just being pragmatic in the fact that I’ll still be going and it will still be a sell out. 

• Upvote 1