Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don’t agree with this defeatest attitude that we just meekly accept any old shit companies put on us. 

Also past studies show that unhappy customers tell around 10 people about their experience. Social media is here and that only amplifies such feelings.

Yes few use these forums but most look at social media and you can’t possibly say for sure this this feeling of being taken for fools won’t matter when people have a huge competitor  in the market to switch to next year. 

I'm not suggesting you have to accept it, I'm saying that ultimately it's not a huge deal, and worrying about something that's out of your control isn't going to make you happy.

Social media may amplify voices, but if this has even the tiniest effect on Mad Cool sales next year, I'd be amazed. Just look at the festival market in the UK - a city with a population in the millions isn't going to be saturated by two festivals with lineups that only vaguely crossover.

7 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I'm not suggesting you have to accept it, I'm saying that ultimately it's not a huge deal, and worrying about something that's out of your control isn't going to make you happy.

Social media may amplify voices, but if this has even the tiniest effect on Mad Cool sales next year, I'd be amazed. Just look at the festival market in the UK - a city with a population in the millions isn't going to be saturated by two festivals with lineups that only vaguely crossover.

I’m not worried, just pissed off at their shambolic and devious ways, and we shall see for next year!

any suggestions who might replace Josh and Mike on the Friday?
Weezer sounds like a terrible option to me. Hope this rumor is not true:) On the other hand Kendrick Lamar may be too big to fit here..?
If they want to keep the guitar-ish vibe of the canceled acts they could have BMTH maybe. To to be honest though the whole line up is so musically inconsistent and all over the place that anyone could fit.. Dua Lipa, Slipknot, Post Malone, Green Day, etc. etc. Definitely not keeping my hopes up, pretty sure the replacement/s will be somewhere between bad and terrible compared to the original bookings...
Let's see

I'm not sure that bad communication and organisation will have much impact on future sales given that these issues have been part of the structure of Mad Cool since the first festival.
The first one we went to at the 'Magic Box' site had awful rain just as the gates opened. The start was delayed and there were all sorts of issues with power outages and credit card machines not working. Not much Mad Cool can do about the weather, but it didn't seem like they had even considered the idea that it might rain (exposed electrical connections etc.).
The second festival at that site had the terrible death of a performer and the complaints of the way that was handled.

The first festival at the new site was hampered by all sorts of problems on the first day with late opening and huge queues to get in.
My point is that these problems have not resulted in poor sales the next year. If the line up is good enough people will go no matter what the reputation (or so it appears).
I am NOT saying that all the bad things about the festival should be ignored by any means. They should be ashamed of the lack of communication in this day and age. How difficult is it to keep your customers up to date with a quick facebook post or tweet?
Ah well, lets hope we get to hear something soon, especially regarding the site location and logistics.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, r55N said:

any suggestions who might replace Josh and Mike on the Friday?
Weezer sounds like a terrible option to me. Hope this rumor is not true:) On the other hand Kendrick Lamar may be too big to fit here..?
If they want to keep the guitar-ish vibe of the canceled acts they could have BMTH maybe. To to be honest though the whole line up is so musically inconsistent and all over the place that anyone could fit.. Dua Lipa, Slipknot, Post Malone, Green Day, etc. etc. Definitely not keeping my hopes up, pretty sure the replacement/s will be somewhere between bad and terrible compared to the original bookings...
Let's see

I think Kendrick won't do a proper full tour until 2023. 

I’m travelling in a large group of 20 - and 18 of the group have absolutely no concern over the festival. Most have never looked at their website never mind forums like this. I’m sure this is the same for thousands of ticket holders.

I’ve been to 2 x Mad Cools in the past and will go again cause I love Madrid and love city festivals where you can stay in a nice hotel - go on the piss in the city during the day then get a short cab to the festival later on. 

But the organisation is scandalous and the worst I’ve come across. There are mini festivals in the UK with 5000 capacities that have social media output 100 x times better than the tripe Mad Cools team put out ( or rather don’t put out ! ). 

I’m sure I’ll calm down when they eventually announce the full lineup ( just make sure NIN and LCD Soundsystem fill the 2 vacant Friday slots ! ) 

23 minutes ago, Prophet of Doom said:

I’m travelling in a large group of 20 - and 18 of the group have absolutely no concern over the festival. Most have never looked at their website never mind forums like this. I’m sure this is the same for thousands of ticket holders.

I’ve been to 2 x Mad Cools in the past and will go again cause I love Madrid and love city festivals where you can stay in a nice hotel - go on the piss in the city during the day then get a short cab to the festival later on. 

But the organisation is scandalous and the worst I’ve come across. There are mini festivals in the UK with 5000 capacities that have social media output 100 x times better than the tripe Mad Cools team put out ( or rather don’t put out ! ). 

I’m sure I’ll calm down when they eventually announce the full lineup ( just make sure NIN and LCD Soundsystem fill the 2 vacant Friday slots ! ) 

Those two last names would be amazing - but aren't they both doing one festival as exclusives?

4 hours ago, Prophet of Doom said:

Didn’t NIN say the uk dates announced a couple of weeks ago conclude their summer 22 shows ?

On 4/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, Prophet of Doom said:

NIN are playing only one festival, Hellfest, while LCD Soundsystem is Bilbao BBK exclusive

Planning on selling my 4 day tickets for the festival.

How would I go about selling them to people? Would I just mail the wristband the festival send out to the buyer? Or could I just change the mailing address to the buyers? 

If anyone is interested in a 4 day pass just DM me. 

I know wanting NIN and LCD Soundsystem named was wishful thinking - especially with exclusive deals with other festivals. However, whilst I’m not familiar with Festival contracts - Hellfest is sold out so maybe there is wiggle room there ? I’ve got a ticket for their Manchester gig which was only announced last week - so I wonder exclusive restrictions remain when tickets sell out ? 

BBK not sold out so probably no chance LCD turning up in Madrid if they are a BBK exclusive. 

Whoever it’s gonna be a surely they have to make an announcement soon.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Into April. 

Is it asking too much to think they might be bothered to announce where the festival is actually taking place?

Mate it’s where it has been since 2018!

if a site doesn’t move there is no need for an announcement 

Edited by jonnytee1

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

Mate it’s where it has been since 2018!

if a site doesn’t move there is no need for an announcement 

Maybe not an announcement but it's absolutely ridiculous that the venue info isn't even on their official website

The above is copied and pasted directly from my tickets. 

All of the rumours based around the site moving were from this forum when they said there would be an announcement that would "change the way we see the festival forever"

Everyone presumed this would be a change of venue and drummed up a following around this  -  like a Chinese whisper - it grew louder. 

Then they added a 5th Day (the big change) and placed the address on the tickets (as i have just shown above) that the festival is taking place exactly where its been since 2018!

The same happened with everyone bemoaning Bruce Springsteen "pulling out" when he was NEVER announced in the first place

I've been on these forums since around 2003 and people seem to take everything on here 10 times more literally than they used to. 

Edited by jonnytee1

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

The above is copied and pasted directly from my tickets. 

All of the rumours based around the site moving were from this forum when they said there would be an announcement that would "change the way we see the festival forever"

Everyone presumed this would be a change of venue and drummed up a following around this  -  like a Chinese whisper - it grew louder. 

Then they added a 5th Day (the big change) and placed the address on the tickets (as i have just shown above) that the festival is taking place exactly where its been since 2018!

The same happened with everyone bemoaning Bruce Springsteen "pulling out" when he was NEVER announced in the first place

I've been on these forums since around 2003 and people seem to take everything on here 10 times more literally than they used to. 

To be fair, I think there were plans to redevelop the site, and 2020 was possibly going to the last Mad Cool at that location.

Covid appears to have put off those plans, but I think that was where the idea originated, rather than just being plucked from mid air.

Otherwise, I agree. We're here because we enjoy constant commentary, chasing rumours, thinking about the events we're going to. However, if we're partly responsible for the running commentary on events which used to take place behind the scenes, being in the public domain, then it feels like a shame that we get upset when organisers don't provide their own running commentary.

Any event, music festival or otherwise, should have its location prominently visible on the website. ‘Madrid’ doesn’t cut it.

As a customer it’s not unreasonable to want to know where I’m going. It’s not asking a lot. 

Amazing, the apologists on here…

Edited by xxialac

Every time I see this thread pop up I keep thinking they've finally booked a replacement for Queens of the Stone Age as Muse's fellow headliners. Take it that's still being waited on. Although they are still noted as playing Musilac Festival in France if that counts for anything, even if Songkick incorrectly said they're still down for another French festival.

5 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I don't know where you have all been looking but it says it clear as day on my tickets! as below 

Espacio Mad Cool, 51 Avenida de Alejandro de la Sota, 28055 Madrid, Spain

I appreciate Mad Cool's communication has been pretty abysmal and a lot of things that people should know isn't, but if the tickets are saying Valdebebas is still in use, I'd say that's sufficient enough. Their Facebook page is also still listing the site as the location.

Of course they can do more. Just had a look for my curiosity and their last Tweet was in February, promoting a Valentine's ticket offer, and on their Facebook, there's still comments asking why QOTSA are still on the bill.

Who even is around to take care of that issue anyway?