Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

Mad Cool getting blows this year. Springsteen, Queens Of The Stone Age, Faith No More already pulled out and it seems like Stormzy and London Grammar will follow (given their cancelations of other fests). And Chvrches is booked for a US and a European fest at the same time, can see them pulling out too. 

We'll get a new lineup soon? 

42 minutes ago, qz3 said:

Springsteen never was  announced, QOTSA and FNM pulled out from all festivals and Chvrches still confirmed

QOTSA are still listed on the official websites of the following festivals:  Les déferlantes (July 7),  Musilac (July 10), Les vieilles charrues (July 16) and of course Mad Cool (July 8). Are we sure they will cancel of those July shows?  

11 minutes ago, Shini619 said:

Hellfest just announced their lineup replacements and said their FNM replacement can't be announced till April , so could potentially be the same for Mad Cool ? Not sure who this would be though, any ideas ?

Hellfest announced that this act is a "Festival exclusivity for 2021". My bet is Ghost. They play in Paris on April 18th. It's why they can't announced them before.

15 hours ago, Nico5629 said:

Why are you so sure ?

even if we can't still be 100% sure, QOTSA have been officially canceled by Rock Werchter and Pinkpop due to "change in tour plans". 99% this means they won't be touring Europe next July, I honestly don't see other possible options but I'd be happy to be wrong.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, qz3 said:

Springsteen never was  announced, QOTSA and FNM pulled out from all festivals and Chvrches still confirmed

Zrzut ekranu 2022-02-23 o 14.11.58.png

Chvrches' schedule is kinda weird, given they're announced for further US dates either side of Mad Cool and that this event seems to be their only announcement in Europe. They haven't explicitly said this is their only date have they?

10 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Doubt it will be her, but around the time and no Spanish dates. Would be a great replacement for the missing headliners for my money but I don’t know why they wouldn’t have just confirmed it today if it was her

E2139FB7-86BB-426C-87E9-F0BE76899FBA.jpeg

Specifies the number of shows (15) and that they are stadium tour gigs. 

Can’t see it…

18 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Doubt it will be her, but around the time and no Spanish dates. Would be a great replacement for the missing headliners for my money but I don’t know why they wouldn’t have just confirmed it today if it was her

E2139FB7-86BB-426C-87E9-F0BE76899FBA.jpeg

The substitute of FNM is Weezer.

8 hours ago, Degu said:

LiveNation have the Bilbao event with these bands 5 days before....https://www.metallica.com/events/2022-07-03-bilbao-spain.html

Is that just an educated guess? Or inside info?

Obviously Weezer are around because their Hella Mega tour finishes the day before in Paris, but is there any indication they'll be hanging around another week for Mad Cool?