Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

7 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I think they're just waiting to announce a good replacement

Possible but still strange. I mean, they are still selling tickets off of their name. Sometimes smaller day festivals where QOTSA would be the reason to buy the ticket.

Look at Graspop and Aerosmith. No problem to announce the replacement later.

Not saying that some festivals aren‘t hiding the news, but all 5 of them?

Edited by Karlos12345

5 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Possible but still strange. I mean, they are still selling tickets off of their name. Sometimes smaller day festivals where QOTSA would be the reason to buy the ticket.

Look at Graspop and Aerosmith. No problem to announce the replacement later.

Not saying that some festivals aren‘t hiding the news, but all 5 of them?

I agree with you about this strange lack in communication... The band itself didn't announce any date until now.
Maybe they're just rescheduling their tour and so they've only been moved from Werchter to Pukkelpop, Graspop or another Belgian festival, but I honestly think it's just a matter of days and they will be pulled off the other festival they have been announced by.

53 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Still strange that no other festival announced their absence.

QOTSA are absolutely horrific at communication. Last tweet and instagram post was August, last useful tweet was July. No tour page on the official website.

I imagine things are rocky behind the scenes with the allegations against Homme. 

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

QOTSA are absolutely horrific at communication. Last tweet and instagram post was August, last useful tweet was July. No tour page on the official website.

I imagine things are rocky behind the scenes with the allegations against Homme. 

Yeah not talking about QOTSA but the festivals having them on their posters.

1 hour ago, Amsy said:

Hey folks, does anyone know if Mad Cool may release more 3 or 4 day tickets or if there is a reliable resale platform to get tickets from?

I spoke to mad cool direct who said definitively NO more weekend tickets going in sale

Then less than 2 weeks later I checked the website and they were on sale. I had six in my basket - made 2 phone calls and then all it would let me buy was 2. 

I think I got the last 2 available then. However it still proved they were full of it and although a general resale might not happen - I would recommend checking g the website daily early afternoon, that’s what I did and one day they were just there and available 

good luck 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Amsy said:

Hey folks, does anyone know if Mad Cool may release more 3 or 4 day tickets or if there is a reliable resale platform to get tickets from?

I would read the FAQs on the site about resale tickets because from what I remember they're very strict about not doing it and they could be invalid. Good luck 

• Upvote 1

I know it's not quite the same thing but I checked the FAQs a while ago because I'd bought my daughter a ticket (when we were going in 2020 she couldn't make it, but can in 2022) and because I was logged in on Festicket it put my name on the ticket automatically (there was probably a way to overwrite it but I didn't think to change it).  So I was briefly worried about them linking ticket names to ID, but it says:

Can I buy a ticket for someone else to use?
Yes, tickets are not nominative.

They also say:

Mad Cool is not responsible for those tickets purchased at non-official retailers.

But I think that's more them saying if you buy from a non-official source and it turns out to be fake/duplicate, that's your problem not theirs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for all your replies. I'm really grateful. I shall obsessively check their website on an hourly basis to try and get tickets 🙂

Do you folks know where a possible shuttle bus to the festival usually leaves from? I last went in 2017 and they seem to have changed venues.

21 hours ago, Amsy said:

Thank you for all your replies. I'm really grateful. I shall obsessively check their website on an hourly basis to try and get tickets 🙂

Well, they now seem to have taken the odd decision to once again sell 3-day tickets, but only to those on the Iberian Peninsula (Lover’s Pack).

• Thanks 1

Roger thank you so much for your post! Ive managed to get a few tickets. I live in the UK and the transaction went through fine .. really hoping they don't cancel my order of course!

2 hours ago, Amsy said:

Roger thank you so much for your post! Ive managed to get a few tickets. I live in the UK and the transaction went through fine .. really hoping they don't cancel my order of course!

I see now that they do ship outside the Peninsula, so you should be fine. 😁

Edited by -Roger-
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, -Roger- said:

Well, they now seem to have taken the odd decision to once again sell 3-day tickets, but only to those on the Iberian Peninsula (Lover’s Pack).

That is only for the Fri - Sat -  Sun though 

Although it still works out OK-ish if you bought two single tickets for the Weds - Thurs and a lovers pack 

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It’s unethical to know for so long that QOTSA aren’t going to play with tickets still on sale and yet keep them on the poster.

Shabby behaviour…

How many festivals have cancelled them so far? I know Werchter and Pinkpopp, but there are four I can see where they're still on the poster - all in July. Perhaps it's a little more complicated, or there's some agreement from the band that they won't announce the tour being cancelled, so the festivals are just updating when they have other news?