Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yes, but I've made some changes. Not the most exciting set of headliners if this is true... Bit bland innit? 

mc3.png

Looks pretty sorted with that.

I think, looking at the relative sizes of headliners, the additions would be:

• after The Killers on Friday. (Nine Inch Nails? QOTSA?)
  • in between Muse and FNM on Saturday (Rosalia?)
  • ahead of KOL on Sunday (Taylor Swift? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Pearl Jam?)

edit: just seen you've switched Kendrick out for Mumfords. Not feeling that one. They'd be billed after The Killers I reckon.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Playing Primavera though. Hoping it is Lorde but I think it'll be Pixies... 

ahhhhh I forgot 

yeah bin Dua and Lorde.

Them not getting Billie or Taylor back isn’t great tbh. No female headliners either?

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

edit: just seen you've switched Kendrick out for Mumfords. Not feeling that one. They'd be billed after The Killers I reckon.

I really hope it's Kendrick instead of banjo & co but Kendrick was going to play BBK in Spain. 

No female headliners is a bit weird too. 

Edited by lighthouse

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I really hope it's Kendrick instead of banjo & co but Kendrick was going to play BBK in Spain. 

No female headliners is a bit weird too. 

There's a woman in Pixies but yeah, poor showing still. Some headline acts to come with those asterisks so I'd be surprised if that remains.

Arcade Fire could be in that Kings of Leon slot, which would add a bit more female presence. Not long to wait until we have all the acts wrapped up though, I'm sure.

27 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yes, but I've made some changes. Not the most exciting set of headliners if this is true... Bit bland innit? 

mc3.png

There are loads of undercard acts you can add if you want to put in the work! 

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

How are they choosing next letter to unveil?

They just want enough comments and likes to reveal a other letter. Im sure itll be another common consonant or dare they drop in a vowel to really get things moving. Could be like Wheel of Fortune where its R,S,T,L,N and E to go off of. Might also figure its only gonna take maybe 3 or 4 letters in total to get all the names.

5 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I expect a joint annoucement of a new album and tour dates. That‘s why no other festival has announced them yet. There will be changes, so I‘m not sure about Mad Cool, but chance is still there.

My guess is that they’ll do their own headline shows next year, instead of festival shows. 

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

They just want enough comments and likes to reveal a other letter. Im sure itll be another common consonant or dare they drop in a vowel to really get things moving. Could be like Wheel of Fortune where its R,S,T,L,N and E to go off of. Might also figure its only gonna take maybe 3 or 4 letters in total to get all the names.

The next highest letter is A, then it looks like they didn't think this through as people are clicking on the first few letters - so B is next highest, then M, R and C.

Given that we've had two versions of the line up and it looks very similar, then it seems odd to do any kind of tease. For the bands that were there it's hardly a thrill to find that they're still there, people gone will be a disappointment, and it doesn't look like there's enough change/additions to blow us away.

After the Primavera line up, where it almost looks like multiple years worth of headliners in one go, it's looking a little disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Yeah, as we speak. What do you guys make out of this statement? Done deal and just waiting for release confirmation or bold move to speed up ongoing negotiations?

I would say done deal, otherwise if the deal falls through and they've publicly said it's close, it's inviting punters to complain.