Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Another user is saying that Bruce’s tour is off due to COVID anxieties. Mainly because if one person catches COVID on tour the whole schedule could be pulled.

I think this could be the case for a lot of artists. However this pandemic changes so quickly in terms of whats going on. When you're in the position Bruce is in you can pick and choose what you want to do, some artists aren't that lucky 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Anyone else looking at events like this but not feeling 100% confident they'll go ahead yet and so are still refraining from booking things?

It's not unreasonable, but no, I have a good feeling about events in summer. Up until then it's pretty sideways. 

3 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I have been feeling this way especially with the communication that Mad Cool provide which is very little. 

I am up for going tbf. Would've been happy with a trio of Killers/Muse/KoL days but I'm leaning more towards the Muse day and one other rather than all 3 after missing out on the 3 day passes. But it still feels too early to fully commit, even though this is a cheap time to book things with travel booking sites.

Hell I found some hotels and flights still at fairly reasonable rates on Expedia when doing some window shopping earlier (compare that to being offered hotels at £200 a night minimum for Manchester when I'm meant to be seeing The Killers there). I don't know if it's just specific to this festival though, even if they have that pre-disclosed poor comms issue.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

It's not unreasonable, but no, I have a good feeling about events in summer. Up until then it's pretty sideways. 

I want to believe this year is better, and the fact the Spanish government apparently want covid downgraded indicates there's a willingness there to try to put things on. But it is what it is. I don't think we'll truly know for a few months yet.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Apparently Queens of the Stone Age have pulled out of Werchter. They pull out of anything else?

RW site just says "change of tour plans", nothing on the band's site or socials which is great. 

The fact that RW went out of their way to post "sad news" when FNM and The Streets both cancelled their entire tours and RW haven't bothered this time gives me a little faith that Queens are just fobbing off RW and will still play other dates. 

Who knows 😟

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

RW site just says "change of tour plans", nothing on the band's site or socials which is great. 

The fact that RW went out of their way to post "sad news" when FNM and The Streets both cancelled their entire tours and RW haven't bothered this time gives me a little faith that Queens are just fobbing off RW and will still play other dates. 

Who knows 😟

QOTSA have 6 shows lined up for 2022 but not a single one is on their website or was posted on their socials. Made me think the tour is in jeopardy in the first place due to Josh‘s private problems. Not a single official post or communication since shit hit the fan with his family.

I‘m afraid the 2022 tour is off.

11 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

QOTSA have 6 shows lined up for 2022 but not a single one is on their website or was posted on their socials. Made me think the tour is in jeopardy in the first place due to Josh‘s private problems. Not a single official post or communication since shit hit the fan with his family.

I‘m afraid the 2022 tour is off.

Really weird isn't it. You'd think if they were binning it off their publicist would just post it alongside the RW cancel. 

I don't think there's a great mystery here.

Homme is going through a complex court case and clearly other issues too so they've cancelled their tour and told the relevant festivals immediately. RW were due to announce so snuck out the bad news on QOTSA in amongst their new release of names. Other festivals will announce the bad news in coming days and I'm sure QOTSA themselves will get round to it too.

Edited by xxialac

5 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Imo they don't need any replacement. Just put The War On Drugs as sub for Muse and that's perfect...

I'm presuming they were already working on sourcing a replacement for Faith No More after they pulled out, so maybe just bring in that and bump up War On Drugs to the higher slot.

... also I don't think I've heard much of The War on Drugs. Open to giving it a go though. Any recommendations on whom to start with? 

42 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm presuming they were already working on sourcing a replacement for Faith No More after they pulled out, so maybe just bring in that and bump up War On Drugs to the higher slot.

... also I don't think I've heard much of The War on Drugs. Open to giving it a go though. Any recommendations on whom to start with? 

I'm not sure if these are pertinent recommendations but I can tell you how my taste for their music grew : I started with the live versions on YouTube (Bonnaroo, Best Kept Secret, Northside...) of Lost In The Dream album songs An Ocean In Between The Waves, which is their most energical song, with a powerful guitar solo and sax sound, Eyes To The Wind, Red Eyes, Burning, Under The Pressure... After that, A Deeper Understanding is a magnificent album (don't forget to listen to the live versions as well, like Corona Capital or Pukkelpop) , which makes a perfect transition with the last album. The new album is more dreamy, more quiet, and gorgeous, Living Proof is jewelry.

(the first songs by the band were with Kurt Vile, so not exactly the same sound that the Granduciel's area on vocals, though they still play songs like Baby Missiles or Buenos Aires Beach which is a treasure) 

20 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Who do we feel would be a suitable replacement for QOSTA and FNM?

Here are some options below that can be challenged:

Gorillaz, The Strokes, MCR, Tyler, The Creator, ASAP Rocky, The National, Smashing Pumpkins, Liam Gallagher, 

Would all be great but gorillaz if f.e. already on boutique but next to this it seems like all spots have been filled already. 7 artists on the main each day.

On 1/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, Tremousse said:

I'm not sure if these are pertinent recommendations but I can tell you how my taste for their music grew : I started with the live versions on YouTube (Bonnaroo, Best Kept Secret, Northside...) of Lost In The Dream album songs An Ocean In Between The Waves, which is their most energical song, with a powerful guitar solo and sax sound, Eyes To The Wind, Red Eyes, Burning, Under The Pressure... After that, A Deeper Understanding is a magnificent album (don't forget to listen to the live versions as well, like Corona Capital or Pukkelpop) , which makes a perfect transition with the last album. The new album is more dreamy, more quiet, and gorgeous, Living Proof is jewelry.

(the first songs by the band were with Kurt Vile, so not exactly the same sound that the Granduciel's area on vocals, though they still play songs like Baby Missiles or Buenos Aires Beach which is a treasure) 

Red Eyes is a masterpiece imho, and I'm not a huge TWOD fan.