Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

56 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

We all know the "love" that @Ken19 feels for Mad Cool.

Maybe he was trolling us a little bit with some irony when he told us that Springsteen was Sunday Mad Cool headliner?

@Ken19 doesn't have to share his information with us, just because he's been rightfully critical of some of the festivals practices and behaviours doesn't mean he's going to troll.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, PGTIps said:

@Ken19 doesn't have to share his information with us, just because he's been rightfully critical of some of the festivals practices and behaviours doesn't mean he's going to troll.

Don't get me wrong. I just was saying that maybe Ken was being a bit ironic saying that it is Bruce Springsteen when the real sunday headliner maybe is somebody much smaller. 

I really appreciate Ken information and he is really important in this forum.

Edited by johnybegood

5 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Don't get me wrong. I just was saying that maybe Ken was being a bit ironic saying that it is Bruce Springsteen when the real sunday headliner maybe is somebody much smaller. 

I really appreciate Ken information and he is really important in this forum.

Keep digging!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

come on lol, if artists like Rihanna, Katy Perry or Pink did Festivals, I don't think Adele is above those kind of acts ^^

No way are they paying for Adele and if they did the rest of the line-up on that day would be buskers to help cover the costs. If the plan was to get her they would not need to spend any money for others to co-headline.

I just don't see it but would love to be wrong.

I have to say, I don't understand this "blind love" towards Adele.

I mean, she's a great singer of course !, but she is NOT unreachable for festivals. I see great female talents like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Celine Dion etc...doing festivals, so why not Adele...?

Considering Metallica cost between 2 and 2.5 millions €, Adele really ask for more...? She's very unlikely for Mad Cool, ok, but certainly not unreachable for next years or others fest'.

39 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Considering Metallica cost between 2 and 2.5 millions €, Adele really ask for more...? She's very unlikely for Mad Cool, ok, but certainly not unreachable for next years or others fest'.

I don't believe in this price of Metallica, they toured a lot before covid, this European tour is practically festival tour, post-covid I believe bands should have lower prices, at this price Metallica weren't in the line-up of NOS Alive .

11 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I have to say, I don't understand this "blind love" towards Adele.

I mean, she's a great singer of course !, but she is NOT unreachable for festivals. I see great female talents like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Celine Dion etc...doing festivals, so why not Adele...?

Pretty sure Adele is much more expensive than Metallica mate. 😉 

13 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I don't believe in this price of Metallica, they toured a lot before covid, this European tour is practically festival tour, post-covid I believe bands should have lower prices, at this price Metallica weren't in the line-up of NOS Alive .

Metallica is the highest price HELLFEST ever paid for an artist/band. Before that, it was Rammstein, 2 millions €.

So yes, I'm sure about the price (+, I've already heard before that Metallica was 3 Millions €, I just don't remember where, but I'm sure of it)

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Metallica are expensive but presumably take home less for a festival appearance than their own show.

Adele is on another level above that. I doubt anyone will make more money than her next year.

Another level, Adele ? Lol she only has 3 albums !, HOW can she be more expensive than a Madonna, Beyonce, etc...??? you're wrong guys, she's not THAT unique.

14 minutes ago, The Black said:

In monetary sense, she is astronomical. Yes, more than Beyonce and Madonna.

but why lol, why does she needs all this money ?? 🤣 Even if i like her, I don't think her voice is stronger than Celine Dion for example.. +, if it's a matter of success, I can see Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc.. way more popular than her, just on social medias  (instagram etc..)

So I don't get why everyone here thinks she's a Godess

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

but why lol, why does she needs all this money ?? 🤣 Even if i like her, I don't think her voice is stronger than Celine Dion for example.. +, if it's a matter of success, I can see Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc.. way more popular than her, just on social medias  (instagram etc..)

I did not say that I think she is a goddess. In fact, I don't care for her music at all. I'm only acknowledging her current status. Adele fills the gap in which she also conveys an older audience, which Taylor Swift, Katy Perry etc. do not. 

7 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Adele has sold eight times the albums Katy Perry has and she's released half as many albums.

Edited by Aech

There is not much sense for Adele to play any festival. She can take on a solo headline show anywhere in the world at least 5 x more money than any fest would pay her. Maybe as an image thing she would do Glasto or Coachella, to launch her tour, but dont think there is any sense in playing something like Mad Cool.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andrej said:

There is not much sense for Adele to play any festival. She can take on a solo headline show anywhere in the world at least 5 x more money than any fest would pay her. Maybe as an image thing she would do Glasto or Coachella, to launch her tour, but dont think there is any sense in playing something like Mad Cool.

This I agree 100%