Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

At what time does the very last act usually finish at the weekend? Hoping to catch a plane in the morning so won't to stay out as long as possible.

4am I think. On my day trip in 2018, I left after Franz Ferdinand finished at 3am and there was still stuff going on.

Probably best to book a hotel closer to the airport tbf. Like I didn't, given it was a bit messy to go back to the city centre, then back out past the venue to the airport again for a 10am flight back.

Edited by charlierc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dales said:

With the NOS Alive poster below having so much cross over with Madcool and the "stroke of luck tease" a while back, do we think it is going to be The Strokes for the missing second day headliner?

247197739_10158321860016517_2398178128295741093_n.jpg

According to Songkick, The Strokes are playing a thing in Lytham in the UK on July 8th and then TRNSMT Festival, so be a surprise if they zoom back to Spain after that.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

According to Songkick, The Strokes are playing a thing in Lytham in the UK on July 8th and then TRNSMT Festival, so be a surprise if they zoom back to Spain after that.

Thanks, so not looking good. Thats a shame, i wonder who it could be.

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

4am I think. On my day trip in 2018, I left after Franz Ferdinand finished at 3am and there was still stuff going on.

Probably best to book a hotel closer to the airport tbf. Like I didn't, given it was a bit messy to go back to the city centre, then back out past the venue to the airport again for a 10am flight back.

Thanks!

I guess we don't know where the venue is so it could be across town the other way.

I'm planning on staying up all night and then catching a 7am flight so won't be in a rush.

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Thanks!

I guess we don't know where the venue is so it could be across town the other way.

I'm planning on staying up all night and then catching a 7am flight so won't be in a rush.

Oh is Mad Cool still not necessarily going to be at Valdebebas? Which would be convenient for an all night then fly home deal given it's one stop from the airport.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Oh is Mad Cool still not necessarily going to be at Valdebebas? Which would be convenient for an all night then fly home deal given it's one stop from the airport.

Everything on the website still says it is at the original site. The fact there is an extra day is the “news that will change the festival forever” as far as I’m concerned but with mad cool who knows 😂😂

18 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Everything on the website still says it is at the original site. The fact there is an extra day is the “news that will change the festival forever” as far as I’m concerned but with mad cool who knows 😂😂

May have misread the message I quote-posted then. But in fairness I thought there was talk a while ago the festival might have to relocate away from the site, even if so far it looks like it will still be at Valdebebas.

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

May have misread the message I quote-posted then. But in fairness I thought there was talk a while ago the festival might have to relocate away from the site, even if so far it looks like it will still be at Valdebebas.

I seem to remember something about the site being redeveloped, so that 2020 would have been the last year there.

There was then talk about whether that was still the case last year, but obviously Covid put back any development plans. When they mentioned big changes/surprises, it made sense that this could be a move, as there was still plenty of time to plan that.

With the fifth day those changes may already have come, especially as time passes you'd think someone would have picked up news on any redevelopment plans for the site.

13 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

where do these rumors come from?

Lots of teases by Madcool on social media around the word "Boss" and bits and bobs that made it sound like Springsteen. Jospeph or Josephen eor what ever your Boss name is"

Plus best of all @Ken19 who has a rep for solid info.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, Ken19 said:

It is Springsteen

9 minutos atrás, Dales disse:

Muitas provocações de Madcool nas redes sociais em torno da palavra "Boss" e detalhes que faziam com que soasse como Springsteen. Jospeph ou Josephen eor qualquer que seja o nome do seu chefe "

E o melhor de tudo @ Ken19, que tem um representante para informações sólidas.

If Ken said it, I believe it! 😉

Edited by Daniel Ferreira