Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

When were The Strokes teased? They were never an option due to Primavera 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also the strokes weren’t teased this year, just cause they used the words ‘stroke or luck’. Already people here have claimed the ‘clues’ have meant Billie Eilish, strokes, Springsteen and shm. Not everything is a clue 

They are not an option because of the leaked poster fiasco after which they pulled out. Not long ago the festival posted IG stories that went "in a stroke of luck you find out about the new confirmations before anyone else, would you tell". In light of why they pulled out in the first place it's not as much teasing them (you're right), as it is marketing de mierda.

2 hours ago, Simon Mc said:

The discount isn’t time limited … however I agree with yet again they have promised lots and delivered little 

Oh yes I see, thanks. Their wording is confusing though.

Crazy additions for me QOTSA & FLORENCE. I am one of the weirdo's who actually like festivals to book artists that I actually know well and like and would and do pay to go and see their own shows. I don't particularly want or need a festival to book new exciting atcs as headliners. For my own tastes, I doubt there will be a stronger set of headliners at a festival next year. I am not a huge fan of Imagine Dragons or Pilots but my partner is, so can't ask for much more.

A little gutted to see Sam on the Sunday as I like him and my partner is a massive fan but not enough to change our plans (Just asked 🙂). We have tickets to see him in a few weeks and he is going to be easy to see next year anyway. We have tickets for Wembley arena and he is supporting the Killers on a date we have tickets for. Plus my partner will no doubt find other shows by him for us to attend. I do think he looks out of place on that day, so my assumtion is it some what adds more weight to the idea of the "Boss" on Sunday.  Sam would beg to be on the same day as Springsteen and would not be happy if his people got him a Madcool booking and had him on another day if they were aware he was on the bill.

Maybe Madcool should pay the bookings team a bonus but sack the Comms/PR Team.

• Upvote 1

Credit where it's due - they do know how to put a line-up together. Sunday looks a bit sparse for the moment but the first 4 days has a good chunk going for it.

I had been interested in a Thursday-Friday-Saturday trio but I get the feeling that might be difficult, given I presume focus for ticket selling might well be elsewhere.

Edited by charlierc

Rookie mistake - instead of rebooking my hotel after last year's cancellation straight away I've just reserved it now and its about double what we paid last time. Gonna reserve it just to make sure I have something booked but see if I can find something more reasonable! 

22 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Spain wins it all this year. Both Prima and Mad Cool are ridiculous. You go to these 2 and you dont need to see any other shows in 2022. Both crazy line ups.

Thankfully I'm one of the lucky ones going to both. Never been this excited for a festival before both line ups have really knocked it out the park

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Thankfully I'm one of the lucky ones going to both. Never been this excited for a festival before both line ups have really knocked it out the park

It’s not lucky - you paid for it with your hard earned cash - good for you 😂😂😂

Edited by jonnytee1
  • Upvote 1

Mad Cool have sent out an email largely in response to the confusion about when you can get the 50% discount on the Sunday tickets - but also one of the other things on it is that there are no more "full" tickets going on sale and it is now day tickets only (I know this question comes up a lot so might be helpful for some).

Has anyone got the 5th day ticket for half price thing to work yet? We got our 4 day tickets though Festicket, but it seems just to give us full price when we try and add the 5th day. Not going to get them yet as it means we would have to move flights, but if Springsteen plays we're there! The Spanish are mad for Springsteen, so I can see that day booking out straight away if he's announced.

16 minutes ago, elias said:

Has anyone got the 5th day ticket for half price thing to work yet? We got our 4 day tickets though Festicket, but it seems just to give us full price when we try and add the 5th day. Not going to get them yet as it means we would have to move flights, but if Springsteen plays we're there! The Spanish are mad for Springsteen, so I can see that day booking out straight away if he's announced.

I know you aren’t booking yet, but thought I would put the link here just for future reference/anyone else that needs it.

You have to do it through https://www.madcoolarea.es/area/ and click on the ticketing agent that you brought them through and go with that

48 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

You have to do it through https://www.madcoolarea.es/area/ and click on the ticketing agent that you brought them through and go with that

Thanks for helping. I've already tried this, but only got full price tickets for the Sunday. We have booked 4 day VIP tickets, so I'm not sure if that's the problem although it wouldn't make much sense to charge full price to VIP ticket holders but half price to normal ticket holders.

9 minutes ago, elias said:

Thanks for helping. I've already tried this, but only got full price tickets for the Sunday. We have booked 4 day VIP tickets, so I'm not sure if that's the problem although it wouldn't make much sense to charge full price to VIP ticket holders but half price to normal ticket holders.

Me too, I’m still being charged 100% for day5 VIP

17 minutes ago, elias said:

I think when we did it we had to add our order number and email address and then it brought up our two four day passes. When we clicked on one of them it then took us to another page with the ticket details and then brought up a link for “Special 5th Day Sale” so when we clicked on that it brought them up for half price.

That was through Festicket, not sure if it’s different for other companies on their though. 

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I think when we did it we had to add our order number and email address and then it brought up our two four day passes. When we clicked on one of them it then took us to another page with the ticket details and then brought up a link for “Special 5th Day Sale” so when we clicked on that it brought them up for half price.

That was through Festicket, not sure if it’s different for other companies on their though. 

I did exactly the same, but I only get full price tickets. The only thing I can think of is that we bought VIP tickets - not standard. Crazy if they let you spend more money with them and then won't give the same discount. Thanks very much for your help though.

13 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I do all that, as you did. When i get to the “Special 5th Day Sale” it's at 100%.

I'll keep trying!