Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

A couple of the templates mention specific acts in the "explaining things to your boss" bits, something like "I've got a meeting with Leon Bridges" and Twenty One Pilots get a mention in another.  Which like all of it, could be significant or could be random nonsense.

There's also the strange phrase in the template shown upthread "older than a forest", which could have pointed towards The Cure if they hadn't played recently.

1 hour ago, WFD said:

A couple of the templates mention specific acts in the "explaining things to your boss" bits, something like "I've got a meeting with Leon Bridges" and Twenty One Pilots get a mention in another.  Which like all of it, could be significant or could be random nonsense.

There's also the strange phrase in the template shown upthread "older than a forest", which could have pointed towards The Cure if they hadn't played recently.

possiby they got Springsteen on short notice and asked acts from the other days to play twice to fill up Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Becaue they have one song that matches half of this phrase? I see where the boss thing is coming from, but I'm calling a leek duck on this one

You would have to be insane to write "As I'm sure you are aware, I'm older than a forest".
In english or spanish, it just sounds so clunky.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha that was my thought exactly- he's one that's disappeared off the previous lineup when many similar sized acts are back in.

My partner is mad about him and he saved me from a hard time after I dragged her to the car crash that was Bob Dylan at BST the other year. She did not like anyone on the lineup other then Sam who opened the main. It was all down hill from there on for her.

As he was on the older line-up, I was hoping they might get him back. Him on the Sunday might help me with negotiations to extend our stay.

Sprinsteen's full name is Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen, so the post below does seem to point towards him.

"Good morning Joseph or Josephine (Whatever your boss´ name is),

Going to be iteresting when they finally stop playing games and start posting useful meaningful information.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dales said:

Sprinsteen's full name is Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen, so the post below does seem to point towards him.

"Good morning Joseph or Josephine (Whatever your boss´ name is),

Going to be iteresting when they finally stop playing games and start posting useful meaningful information.

That's an impressive spot. 

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

That's an impressive spot. 

I did wonder if the Joseph or Josephine was also had another meaning. A few years back I think Springsteen was caught up in a bit of contraversy over cancelling a show over standing up for transgender rights. I can't remember the full details but think it was over who could and could not use which toilets. However, I thought not even Mad Cools PR department could be as crass to make light and joke about something like that.

3 hours ago, Dales said:

My partner is mad about him and he saved me from a hard time after I dragged her to the car crash that was Bob Dylan at BST the other year. She did not like anyone on the lineup other then Sam who opened the main. It was all down hill from there on for her.

As he was on the older line-up, I was hoping they might get him back. Him on the Sunday might help me with negotiations to extend our stay.

I think his love for Springsteen would make him playing any day with him pretty likely. I think his new album is great, and he was really good when I saw him last month. The real deal I think 

I don't know if I can hack 5 nights of pure music but if this deduction about Springsteen is true I'm going to have to find out. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Wonder if that means it won't be a full bill that day, and/or whether it will be largely dance acts?  If they are putting on an extra day purely because of the opportunity to get Swedish House Mafia, it doesn't seem much point booking rock and indie acts to go against/alongside them.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Is it not already a sell out with still like 3 headliners to come( before they added extra day)They must be doing something right 

Yes, on the line up alone. The Marketing department has been comical, hilarious, frustrating and everything inbetween in recent years LOL 

Its fun though, a bit like a Spanish soap opera ..........................Eldorado

• Like 1