Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

1 hour ago, qz3 said:

Almost sure that they will add a second Warsaw date 6 or 7 July, so no time for Mad Cool

Don't disagree - also think it is unlikely they'd go from Warsaw to Madrid and back given the carbon neutral pledge they've made. 

Definite gap around Madcool dates still, but think it will be somebody else in the end.

Coldplay will ad other dates in the same city when the first announced are soldout. Can't see them coming in Spain just for Mad Cool (1 show). About RHCP, these dates on ViaGogo (and other sites like that) are listed since a while. They just reschedule it from 2020 I guess.

9 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Well, pretty obvious I think. They'll add the Sunday. Whom for? Might be one to carry the whole day alone. The Boss? Double hint?

Seems obvious they add a 5th day for Bruce Springsteen on Sunday. The hint seems so easy, wonder if his management will like it... or it's not The Boss but wondering who it could be then. 

• Upvote 1

A bit of a pain when you have already booked your flight home on the Sunday. If they do add another day, just hoping they do not shuffle any of the current headliners to that date.

Nice idea but yet another logistical issue for those overseas who had rolled over tickets/hotels/flights etc. Rather then play these tease games, I would rather they just announced the venue as I have already pre-paid my accomadation near the old venue.

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

A bit of a pain when you have already booked your flight home on the Sunday. If they do add another day, just hoping they do not shuffle any of the current headliners to that date.

Nice idea but yet another logistical issue for those overseas who had rolled over tickets/hotels/flights etc. Rather then play these tease games, I would rather they just announced the venue as I have already pre-paid my accomadation near the old venue.

Yeah, we’ve got our accommodation pre-booked from 2020 so we’ve got everything crossed that they’re keeping it at the previous site. Haven’t booked the flights yet thankfully so that gives us a bit of leeway.

I must admit, as good value for money as their line-ups usually are their logistics/management are an absolute nightmare. I can’t believe they haven’t learned from the past few years.

So, I have no idea where it will be and for how many days 🙂

But now I know it might be 5 days, I am already thinking how much will it cost to change my flight home date. Problem is I have already paid twice to change them in the past. The longer I wait the chances are the costs will go up and there is still that nagging doubt in the back of my mind that maybe it might get cancelled again. For a festival that I thought was good value when I initially booked tickets, the non-tickets costs are starting to rack up.

Maybe the best thing for me is that they get on and announce the Sunday with a line-up I don't like 🙂

It could also be just another PR cock-up and Boss turn out to be a local Madrid covers band and they are putting on a free day for the community in the way that All Points East do additional community days. However, it has to be Bruce with a post like that just like the previous post makes it obvious it should be The Strokes. These tease posts only work when you actually produce the goods and don't over promise/tease in your posts.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dales said:

It could also be just another PR cock-up and Boss turn out to be a local Madrid covers band and they are putting on a free day for the community in the way that All Points East do additional community days. However, it has to be Bruce with a post like that just like the previous post makes it obvious it should be The Strokes. These tease posts only work when you actually produce the goods and don't over promise/tease in your posts.

These tease posts work best when you take them at face value, don't over evaluate them and consider that the word "boss" could have been used for a magnitude of reasons.

Iooked at the other templates and one says mark X here and X here  -  does this mean the XX are playing? 

I've learned over the years not to get your hopes up and........... this is greatly magnified when its "Mad Cool". LOL

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

These tease posts work best when you take them at face value, don't over evaluate them and consider that the word "boss" could have been used for a magnitude of reasons.

Iooked at the other templates and one says mark X here and X here  -  does this mean the XX are playing? 

I've learned over the years not to get your hopes up and........... this is greatly magnified when its "Mad Cool". LOL

Yeah, your probably right but when you use the word Boss in a post about a potential additional day and you work as part of that PR Team, you should know what the obvious connection will be. If you don't then you should not be in that role or your colleagues should at least point out the obvious tease you are making and close it down before its released. So surely they must know what that suggests in some peoples minds

Well at some point we will find out whats going on. My partner is not keen to change our flights for a 3rd time and so who it is makes little difference to me. More concerned they do not shuffle the pack and move artists I like from earlier in the festival to the Sunday to pad it out.

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah, your probably right but when you use the word Boss in a post about a potential additional day and you work as part of that PR Team, you should know what the obvious connection will be. If you don't then you should not be in that role or your colleagues should at least point out the obvious tease you are making and close it down before its released. So surely they must know what that suggests in some peoples minds

Well at some point we will find out whats going on. My partner is not keen to change our flights for a 3rd time and so who it is makes little difference to me. More concerned they do not shuffle the pack and move artists I like from earlier in the festival to the Sunday to pad it out.

That last sentence is almost bound to happen I fear!

I agree with your comment but this is Mad Cools PR team who lets face facts,  are more "Mad" than "Cool" 🤣

Edited by jonnytee1

5 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

That last sentence is almost bound to happen I fear!

I agree with your comment but this is Mad Cools PR team who lets face facts,  are more "Mad" than "Cool" 🤣

For me it's all down to damage limitation as per potential movement of artists. Hopefully, I want loose out to much. Hoping the potential admin of refunds changing day tickets etc might put them off moving to many acts.

My get out is if they add Sam Fender to the Sunday, then my partner may well decide we need to go for an extra day 🙂