Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

8 hours ago, Sparticus said:

They're playing England on the Friday and Scotland on the Saturday, would they really do Spain on the Thursday? 

And NOS Alive on Wednesday. 4 gigs in a row? 

RHCP are pretty much out after this. There isn't a single time they are playing two days in a row and all festivals they are playing are already on the dates. Billie Eilish will play no festivals in 2022 with the exception of Glastonbury as of what I've heard.

The headliner on Friday 8th will most probably will be the same as the yet unannounced headliner at NOS Alive and Tempelholf Sounds, a band that will likely tour with Alt-J.

Edited by Quadrophobia

48 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Maybe the same headliner like Werchter for their 19th of june date? They will announce this tomorrow normally (2 Werchter announcements: the delayed one and something else).  

Apologies if I’ve read this wrong Ken, was the delayed announcement you were referring to RHCP? And then they’ll be announcing TW Classic/Boutique separately?

RHCP have announced their 2022 tour dates now, if they don't do gigs 2 nights running then MC is out.

Sun Jul 03   Leuven, Belgium        Rock Werchter
Tue Jul 05   Cologne, Germany    RheinEnergieStadium
Fri Jul 08     Paris, France        Stade de France
Tue Jul 12    Hamburg, Germany    Volksparkstadion

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Maybe the same headliner like Werchter for their 19th of june date? They will announce this tomorrow normally (2 Werchter announcements: the delayed one and something else).  

Are we talking about one and the same act?

There should be a legacy act like Paul McCartney (or Bruce Springsteen) for Pinpop, TW Classic and Glastonbury

Queens of the Stone Age were also mentioned for Glastonbury and could fit in the missing spots for Mad Cool and NOS Alive.

In addition we need a new indie act on the map for Best Kept Secret and Tempelhof Sounds.......I think Arcade Fire wanted to tour before the pandemic?

The Cure would fit for all those categories but that would be too soon for a return I guess...

5 hours ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

RHCP have announced their 2022 tour dates now, if they don't do gigs 2 nights running then MC is out.

Sun Jul 03   Leuven, Belgium        Rock Werchter
Tue Jul 05   Cologne, Germany    RheinEnergieStadium
Fri Jul 08     Paris, France        Stade de France
Tue Jul 12    Hamburg, Germany    Volksparkstadion

Think the fact they're playing Seville and Barcelona in early June likely rules them out anyway.

15 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Are we talking about one and the same act?

There should be a legacy act like Paul McCartney (or Bruce Springsteen) for Pinpop, TW Classic and Glastonbury

Queens of the Stone Age were also mentioned for Glastonbury and could fit in the missing spots for Mad Cool and NOS Alive.

In addition we need a new indie act on the map for Best Kept Secret and Tempelhof Sounds.......I think Arcade Fire wanted to tour before the pandemic?

The Cure would fit for all those categories but that would be too soon for a return I guess...

Arcade Fire apparently still havent finished their album. 

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Arcade Fire apparently still havent finished their album. 

True, but maybe they can do some promo shows at some festivals in June and do a proper tour later in 2022 when the album comes out.

Can't think of another larger indie act that is not doing any of the two Primavera weekends next year...

(mostly referring to Tempelhof/Best Kept Secret)