Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

3 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Is this confirmed yet? You would think if it was then it would be on the Hellfest poster to drive ticket sales. 

That's what Ken is saying, so certainly seems that way. Bit bonkers really, not sure I quite get schlepping all the way over to Europe for one festival gig.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's what Ken is saying, so certainly seems that way. Bit bonkers really, not sure I quite get schlepping all the way over to Europe for one festival gig.

Fucktonne of money, probably.

Also 'European exclusive' might just be for festivals, so maybe they'll do a couple of headliners outside of whatever radius clause they have? It's rare for a band with a huge production like this to do just one show.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Is this confirmed yet? You would think if it was then it would be on the Hellfest poster to drive ticket sales. 

With or without NIN, Hellfest will be sold out within an hour 

13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Arcade Fire loves a good bag of money. In 2016 with Bilbao and Nos. In 2014 they refused to play Werchter and some other festivals, because they wanted to return home around July 1. In the end they accepted a crazy offer and played an extra show in Hyde Park July 3.

I love Arcade Fire, one of my favourites. I also appreciate Wills ideals and ideas, but it is a funny side of them (but understandable off course). 

In 2018 Vodafone Paredes de Coura had announced Björk as a major name of the festival, she remembered to cancel the concert a few months before the Festival so Arcade Fire realized that the festival had a problem to solve and they gave up playing at three festivals to play on Vodafone Paredes de Coura. The festival owner told this in an interview , because I think Arcade Fire does not forget the past where they were welcomed .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Fucktonne of money, probably.

Also 'European exclusive' might just be for festivals, so maybe they'll do a couple of headliners outside of whatever radius clause they have? It's rare for a band with a huge production like this to do just one show.

Yeah, I‘m still sceptical. There is only one spanisch news outlet reporting „European exclusive“. Nobody else. Ken might be also right, that they will do a festival circuit in 2023. But really no other (headline) shows in 2022? Would be strange not to stress this more during the announcement.

10 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Yeah, I‘m still sceptical. There is only one spanisch news outlet reporting „European exclusive“. Nobody else. Ken might be also right, that they will do a festival circuit in 2023. But really no other (headline) shows in 2022? Would be strange not to stress this more during the announcement.

I hope I’m wrong!

• Upvote 1

Given the line-up had lots of acts I like and I enjoyed my 2018 single day visit, seeing the sold out signs already... slept on that a bit too long then. Woops. But probably not surprising given a lot of 2020 and 2021 tickets rolled over to this edition so could just be that there weren't really that much left over.

It's still 13 months to go, mind. Plenty of time to see if any ticket holders drop out.

4 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

The return window has not opened yet so there will be a number of tickets going back. At least mine.

I'll have to keep an eye out then. Obviously this is assuming summer 2022 is better for gigs (though it hopefully should be) but maybe it's worth setting up a window. I presume it'll be some point in early 2022 when such a window opens, unless I give up waiting, see NOS Alive has most of it and go there instead.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Nah, hold on to them for the following year because they don't need to spend the money now.

Lol they're definitely already budgeted for, and probably already booked, and Mad Cool just can't announce them yet due to the artists having an embargo on their tour announcement.