Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

Just now, Aech said:

I'd love to know how that Foos gig was supposedly a train wreck considering they blow most bands out the water live and are as consistent as it gets.

They only managed to get through two songs because they decided to end each of those songs with a 70 minute instrumental, and then spent the remainder of the set introducing the band. 

Oh, and one of those songs was Cold Day in the Sun.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They only managed to get through two songs because they decided to end each of those songs with a 70 minute instrumental, and then spent the remainder of the set introducing the band. 

hahaha

Well it was the very same show they put up at the same place eight years before. Some c&g songs strewn it and that was that. It was just incredibly boring to watch them perform precisely to expectations. And they lifted a plattform for an endless drum solo and that was just ridicoulus. Might have suffered from the experienced of a perfect 2:15 The Cure gig during sunset just prior, but it just came over as forced and stale. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 hours ago, Dales said:

... ultra fans turn up early at a stage to see "their band/artist" and may have no interest in the other acts before even if they seem a natural fit with the artist they have come to see....it's not Rock-Chauvinism just human nature.

We went to Super Bock Super Rock in 2019 and Lana Del Rey's fans established their territory early on and stood with their backs to the stage while other acts were on, only for several of them to faint after standing in the heat for hours  refusing to give up their spots... 

33 minutes ago, WFD said:

We went to Super Bock Super Rock in 2019 and Lana Del Rey's fans established their territory early on and stood with their backs to the stage while other acts were on, only for several of them to faint after standing in the heat for hours  refusing to give up their spots... 

Idiots removing themselves from the party...NICE 😄 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

ffs Foo Fighters are my favourite band in the world and I can't even argue with this lmao

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Yep, its not only old rockers who do that.🤘

2 hours ago, Aech said:

I'd love to know how that Foos gig was supposedly a train wreck considering they blow most bands out the water live and are as consistent as it gets.

Saw them once - Werchter 2017 - and it was very disappointing actually. Weird show too. A lot of overly long outro's, Grohl was talking too much, a strange cringey covers section.  

5 minutes ago, lostinthedream said:

Billie Eilish - Arcade Fire - Nine Inch Nails 

I wish, that would be perfect for me. I really hope they try to keep Billie but I get the feeling we may have missed out on that but hope to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 1

It’s hard to say Mad Cool does not have any female headliners when St. Vincent and Phoebe Bridgers are considered headliners in Pitchfork Festival Chicago. Megan Thee Stallion is also not a headliner in most of the festivals but considered as a headliner at Primavera. It’s more of a placement issue than not booking any female headliners. 

FD5ABBF1-02DB-4637-AD8E-4749AA880D72.png

11 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

It’s hard to say Mad Cool does not have any female headliners when St. Vincent and Phoebe Bridgers are considered headliners in Pitchfork Festival Chicago. Megan Thee Stallion is also not a headliner in most of the festivals but considered as a headliner at Primavera. It’s more of a placement issue than not booking any female headliners. 

Not a equal comparison at all.

Pitchfork Chicago is a far smaller event than Mad Cool. So a headliner there is inevitably less popular than a headliner at Mad Cool.

Edited by xxialac

13 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Which comes out as the same problem. Also PF festival is like what 20,000 peeps? Thats 1/4 of Mad Cool if I'm not mistaken. 

1 hour ago, lostinthedream said:

Billie Eilish - Arcade Fire - Nine Inch Nails 

There is absolutely no indication that Arcade Fire are touring. The Album isn't even finished.

I still think the remaining headliners are more in the magnitude of Pixies. At some point you gotta stop throwing out money because you already made the threshhold to selling out. Considering the size of the acts, the prices for this are ridiculously low and they have to bring that money back in after all.

Edit: Also someone over at the Primavera Thread posted an article that says, NIN are an European exclusive at Hellfest.

Edited by Quadrophobia

28 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Which comes out as the same problem. Also PF festival is like what 20,000 peeps? Thats 1/4 of Mad Cool if I'm not mistaken. 

There is absolutely no indication that Arcade Fire are touring. The Album isn't even finished.

I still think the remaining headliners are more in the magnitude of Pixies. At some point you gotta stop throwing out money because you already made the threshhold to selling out. Considering the size of the acts, the prices for this are ridiculously low and they have to bring that money back in after all.

Edit: Also someone over at the Primavera Thread posted an article that says, NIN are an European exclusive at Hellfest.

I absolutely love arcade fire but after everything now the next album needs to be back to form to stop them falling to pixies magnitude. Also very likely the album will come out 2022! 

5 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I absolutely love arcade fire but after everything now the next album needs to be back to form to stop them falling to pixies magnitude. Also very likely the album will come out 2022! 

I wouldn't be so sure. It takes about a year from finished recording to release on a normal promo-cycle and last I've heard they were still in the studio in April/May. Also they don't really seem to be the band to surprise-release anything they always had a huge album promotion for the last two records.

Edited by Quadrophobia

20 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I wouldn't be so sure. It takes about a year from finished recording to release on a normal promo-cycle and last I've heard they were still in the studio in April/May. Also they don't really seem to be the band to surprise-release anything they always had a huge album promotion for the last two records.

They did do festivals for everything now pre album release though I think? Seem to remember them releasing creature comfort maybe a day before they did primavera 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

They did do festivals for everything now pre album release though I think? Seem to remember them releasing creature comfort maybe a day before they did primavera 

Arcade Fire loves a good bag of money. In 2016 with Bilbao and Nos. In 2014 they refused to play Werchter and some other festivals, because they wanted to return home around July 1. In the end they accepted a crazy offer and played an extra show in Hyde Park July 3.

I love Arcade Fire, one of my favourites. I also appreciate Wills ideals and ideas, but it is a funny side of them (but understandable off course). 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Arcade Fire loves a good bag of money. In 2016 with Bilbao and Nos. In 2014 they refused to play Werchter and some other festivals, because they wanted to return home around July 1. In the end they accepted a crazy offer and played an extra show in Hyde Park July 3.

And yet it sold so abysmally I was among a tonne of people who was able to get a ticket for the Hyde Park show for £2...

More fool, BST Hyde Park...

5 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I love Arcade Fire, one of my favourites. I also appreciate Wills ideals and ideas, but it is a funny side of them (but understandable off course). 

True, but they changed management since then and have recently gotten much more realistic about their size. I guess by now they would agree to co-headline status at many of the bigger European festivals. 

Edited by Quadrophobia