Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

29 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

Pinkpop just announced RHCP aren’t coming back next year

F***. But what about that Firenze post? They said confirmation is close.

Only reason that makes sense: RHCP are only doing solo shows and semi-festivals like Firenze and Ejekt, which are not really festivals but one day events.

Edited by Karlos12345

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

What are the little yelllow... suns? for on the last three days? Are they do indicate another headliner is coming for each of those days or somethinng? 

Yes, thats it. 

By the way, Mad Cool has just confirmed that RHCP are not one of the remaining. They are not doing festivals in 2022.

10 minutes ago, rebekahjones said:

What a weak line up 😞 There are almost none big female artists like Taylor or Billie, no rappers. I think the average age is gonna be 35, I’m just gonna sell the tickets to my parents. So cheugy 😞

There's still plenty to be announced......

13 minutes ago, rebekahjones said:

What a weak line up 😞 There are almost none big female artists like Taylor or Billie, no rappers. I think the average age is gonna be 35, I’m just gonna sell the tickets to my parents. So cheugy 😞

Still have some hopes for Swift but that may be taking some time to confirm. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rebekahjones said:

Yep. It’s 2009 all over again. Those last few headliners could save it, but right now it’s looking very safe and very tedious.

Stronger undercard though.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Could Green Day be considered for one of the remaining spots? Or would that be too expensive?

I am trying to think of bands from 20 years ago that I dislike as that seems to be the common theme here. 😂

After the controversy in 2017, I doubt Billie Joe and the lads will be back at Mad Cool anytime soon

2 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Could Green Day be considered for one of the remaining spots? Or would that be too expensive?

I am trying to think of bands from 20 years ago that I dislike as that seems to be the common theme here. 😂

Green Day tour is already fully announced to my knowledge. I really don't think we should expect anything really big here anymore. Including Billie Eilish. None of the festivals she was scheduled for has her back, she is just on another tour leg now.

Also chances for Taylor Swift are near nil. Her 2020 tour was supposed to be a promotional move but touring Europe does not really do anything else for her. She is way too expensive on a normal cycle and her standing in Europe just isn't strong enough to make her come over the pond if there are US-opportunities, where the revenue would just be much much higher. She sold out Wembley twice there is just no possibility to book her outside of promo tours. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rebekahjones said:

who do you think have enough money to spend at the festival in food beers merch etc... the 20 years old or the 35 y.o one ? There you go. Of course they need to be attractive to the 30's !

P.S : it is not that weak at all, it's just missing some artists you really wanted to see. There's a difference.

22 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

who do you think have enough money to spend at the festival in food beers merch etc... the 20 years old or the 35 y.o one ? There you go. Of course they need to be attractive to the 30's !

P.S : it is not that weak at all, it's just missing some artists you really wanted to see. There's a difference.

That's the point and key of booking the headliners.

And there is nothing more annoying than teenagers on festivals.

36 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Green Day tour is already fully announced to my knowledge. I really don't think we should expect anything really big here anymore. Including Billie Eilish. None of the festivals she was scheduled for has her back, she is just on another tour leg now.

Also chances for Taylor Swift are near nil. Her 2020 tour was supposed to be a promotional move but touring Europe does not really do anything else for her. She is way too expensive on a normal cycle and her standing in Europe just isn't strong enough to make her come over the pond if there are US-opportunities, where the revenue would just be much much higher. She sold out Wembley twice there is just no possibility to book her outside of promo tours. 

I think Taylor swift has unfinished business with Glastonbury and when she decides to headline there other European festivals will also have the opportunity to book her.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I think Taylor swift has unfinished business with Glastonbury and when she decides to headline there other European festivals will also have the opportunity to book her.

The word for 2021 was that she isn't coming back (same goes for Kendrick). That could of course be different for 2022 but European tours are not really worth her time, especially festivals.

I get that younger people may not be frilled by the lineup but shock horror older people like music and sometime promotors cater for them. 

I certainly fall in to the "older bracket" and I think that's an awesome line-up and at a give away price. If you like Metallica, Muse, Killers etc you will have paid about the same to see one of their gigs as you did to buy a Mad Cool ticket. I paid more to see Metallica at Twickenham on their last tour then I did for my Madcool ticket and Muse at the Olympic Stadium was ruffly the same price as Madcool.

Not every festival will appeal to everyone and if MC looks bland/safe to you or even awful there is plenty of other festivals to choose from. There is so much for me its going to be clash city but totally get that a  lot of youngsters may be horrified by the headliners and subs. However, plenty of smaller interesting acts on the lineup but if the headliners are not for you they will be playing other events.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

I get that younger people may not be frilled by the lineup but shock horror older people like music and sometime promotors cater for them. 

I certainly fall in to the "older bracket" and I think that's an awesome line-up and at a give away price. If you like Metallica, Muse, Killers etc you will have paid about the same to see one of their gigs as you did to buy a Mad Cool ticket. I paid more to see Metallica at Twickenham on their last tour then I did for my Madcool ticket and Muse at the Olympic Stadium was ruffly the same price as Madcool.

Not every festival will appeal to everyone and if MC looks bland/safe to you or even awful there is plenty of other festivals to choose from. There is so much for me its going to be clash city but totally get that a  lot of youngsters may be horrified by the headliners and subs. However, plenty of smaller interesting acts on the lineup but if the headliners are not for you they will be playing other events.

You're missing the point that people booked this festival with billie eilish, taylor swift, haim, Anderson paak, glass animals on the card and in mind, and now have tickets to see Metallica, Muse and Puscifer. This is why people are disappointed rather than angry that a festival dare appeal to a different demographic. 

Personally I have tickets to primavera and mad cool so not so fussed 😁 

• Upvote 3

Let's be clear - I'm 30 and I think the lineup is dull as hell. I've seen most of these headliners plenty of times, and the majority of them haven't released a record worth a damn in 10+ years, some of them 20+ years. It's nothing to do with quality of the acts, nothing to do with age/demographics or whatever, it's just the same old acts who headline festivals in Europe on the same cycle every few years. It's impossible for me to get excited about these. 

Still hope though with the 3 remaining headliners. It could end up looking like a solid set of headliners if the remaining three add something more interesting to the mix.

And again, the undercard is on point.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 11

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

Let's be clear - I'm 30 and I think the lineup is dull as hell. I've seen most of these headliners plenty of times, and the majority of them haven't released a record worth a damn in 10+ years, some of them 20+ years. It's nothing to do with quality of the acts, nothing to do with age/demographics or whatever, it's just the same old acts who headline festivals in Europe on the same cycle every few years. It's impossible for me to get excited about these. 

Still hope though with the 3 remaining headliners. It could end up looking like a solid set of headliners if the remaining three add something more interesting to the mix.

This puts it perfectly. Also, many of those headliners are just shit live. Imagine Dragons is a horror show, Twenty One Pilots is more show than music, Kings of Leon are repetetive as hell. I saw Metallica in 2014 and it was garbage, although I know many finde them to be a good live act. I love Placebo, but their live quality is hugely dependent on their current mood.  

Don't get me, wrong objectively (in terms of size or legacy) this is an ace line up. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Edited by Quadrophobia

53 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

You're missing the point that people booked this festival with billie eilish, taylor swift, haim, Anderson paak, glass animals on the card and in mind, and now have tickets to see Metallica, Muse and Puscifer. This is why people are disappointed rather than angry that a festival dare appeal to a different demographic. 

Personally I have tickets to primavera and mad cool so not so fussed 😁 

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

Very good points and yes I do see what you mean. The thing is how/who do you replace Billie & Taylor with? They are both iconic in their own way and Billie playing was a big draw for my partner. Clearly they have not gone for a like for like swap but how could you? Surely all they have done is try to book the biggest acts available at that time next year.

I also wish they had kept the likes of Haim, Glass Animals and others like Sam Fender but feel they have tried to keep as much as they could.

I await the last 3 headliners with interest but feel it will be poor if they do not release them before the refund process as clearly the lineup at the top end has changed dramatically to the one people bought tickets for.

• Like 1