Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think Billie could easily go in front of Imagine Dragons.

That would make sense, her original placing in 2020 was first headliner on the Thursday (with The Killers billed second). 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The only thing I don’t understand though is why they wouldn’t announce Billie? Her tour has sold out.

She might simply just not be playing. This arena tours of hers was booked well ahead, to my information before Covid. So they might just not be able to rebook her if she doesn't do festivals this year even if she was technically free on the dates. 

If this poster is true this it's stacked but boring as hell in terms of headliners. The undercard is decent but not much more. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The only thing I don’t understand though is why they wouldn’t announce Billie? Her tour has sold out.

Yeah, and what about her brother? I can't find a place for him in the poster. But maybe he is one of the "many more"

Edited by joaommaia

17 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

If this poster is true this it's stacked but boring as hell in terms of headliners. The undercard is decent but not much more. 

Far cry from the 2018 poster yeah. 

Maybe Billie will be added to the Las Vegas poprock day? 

Edited by lighthouse

Come on guys, Primavera is not the world.

Both festivals target different audiences and I think that is totally fine.

I would love to attend both festivals if I could get a chance 😉

But please, we absolutely have the right to celebrate peacefully to old fashioned music from the 90's and 00's if we want to ✌️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

But please, we absolutely have the right to celebrate peacefully to old fashioned music from the 90's and 00's if we want to ✌️

Headliners at Primavera are

Massive Attack, Pavement, Tame Impala, Beck, National, Strokes, Jorja Smith, Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Dua Lipa, Interpol, Megan TS, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, Tyler

(Cough) the vast majority of those are from the 90s/00s!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The problem for me is I've had the opportunity to catch the killers, kings of Leon etc even Metallica at a heap of festivals before, and I didn't mind this when the likes of Taylor swift were alongside them, but when you remove the less festival circuit headliner types and overload it with circuit ones it looks so uninspiring. Losing haim, Anderson paak etc has weakened the undercard too. However, once I'm in Madrid there'll be no more complaints from me 😁

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

On one was talking about Primavera.

You can actually see a lot of posts of poeple complaining on this board how great the Primavera line up is (where I wouldn't disagree) and how uninspired Mad Cool and Rock Werchter are going to look like...(where I have to disagree)

From my perspective I would like to have any of these festivals in my country! 😄

Edited by Hullabaloo92
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

You can actually see a lot of posts of poeple complaining on this board how great the Primavera line up is (where I wouldn't disagree) and how uninspired Mad Cool and Rock Werchter are going to look like...(where I have to disagree)

From my perspective I would like to have any of these festivals in my country! 😄

I think I spotted 3 critical posters over many many pages of comments. It's hardly as if everyone is slamming it.

Musical taste is personal. 

You could put on what you might think is the best festival you've ever seen and some people wouldn't like it. 

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Had Mad Cool tickets since 2020. Kept them since then and bought the double weekend Primavera tickets 2 weeks ago. Vastly different, 2 holidays and Ill see the whole spectrum of music. Beautiful.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Think you're out of luck - It's M or N at the moment. Wonder is 16th is when they announce, or it's another letter?

When they launched it they said "a letter every day until the 16th".  They didn't mention the full announcement but have previously said it will be before 7 July (when the refund window opens).

I wasn't ecstatic about the headliners past couple years but at least there were a couple interesting ones such as Taylor.

The problem for me now is the major losses in the undercard: Paak, London Grammar, Haim, Rapture, Kali Uchis, Rufus, Glass Animals, Major Lazer, Khalid, Cage The Elephant, Rex Orange County... I appreciate that not every band has been announced yet but the comparison against Primavera is painful (they have even managed to steal a few from Mad Cool!). I should have bought the tickets for that as soon has the lineup came out but made the mistake expecting a similar big reveal for Mad Cool.

In any case this is just my personal opinion, I am sure Mad Cool will sell out with the sorts of Metallica, Muse, etc. 

6 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I wasn't ecstatic about the headliners past couple years but at least there were a couple interesting ones such as Taylor.

The problem for me now is the major losses in the undercard: Paak, London Grammar, Haim, Rapture, Kali Uchis, Rufus, Glass Animals, Major Lazer, Khalid, Cage The Elephant, Rex Orange County... I appreciate that not every band has been announced yet but the comparison against Primavera is painful (they have even managed to steal a few from Mad Cool!). I should have bought the tickets for that as soon has the lineup came out but made the mistake expecting a similar big reveal for Mad Cool.

In any case this is just my personal opinion, I am sure Mad Cool will sell out with the sorts of Metallica, Muse, etc. 

Agreed, Prima sold very well very quickly.  I was hoping we'd be in a position where we could compare MC and prima's line up and still have the opportunity to purchase tickets to either one. Prima is stacked top to bottom and I think MC will be stronger at the top of the bill.

8 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

It may be just me, but I think Primavera looks a lot stronger because they announced both weekends at once. 

Provided the hellfest leak is correct I would happily have nine inch nails on the Saturday, as they're touring with pixies this year in the US. 

Everybody are so sure of Muse playing without any letter reveal. Could it be Korn, Beck, Lorde..? (just a thought) Anyway, compared to Mumford & Sons from 2021 line up, I'm taking Muse every day of the week:)

I hope letter today is N or E... or something that would confirm Deftones.
Again, provided Hellfest leak is correct I would expect Puscifer to be rebooked again and the possibility of NIN returning is definitely exciting.

Edited by r55N

16 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

It may be just me, but I think Primavera looks a lot stronger because they announced both weekends at once. 

Provided the hellfest leak is correct I would happily have nine inch nails on the Saturday, as they're touring with pixies this year in the US. 

There's definitely an element of that.

I was quite hopeful that we might see something special as we should have three years of bands wanting to tour. There would be some that are now not wanting to tour, but overall there must be a huge pool of acts compared to a normal year.

Obviously more big names is more money, and Primavera have been really clever with the two weekends, which, given the savings on logistics, would give them a huge artist budget. Someone mentioned the list of headliners, but comparing two weekends and a midweeks worth to Mad Cool is unfair.

The only let down with this is that it's still a year away and much of this line up was known 18 months ago, so a long time to keep up the excitement.

44 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Some of those undercard names may just not be confirmed yet. Compared with the final poster for 2021 we're still about 25 names short (not including the ***s for headliners), so there are plenty more to be added.