Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

What does Primavera have to do with Goldenvoice? 

Its that sometimes one festival has “first rights” when it comes to  a certain artist being announced on a festival line up. Everyone else has to agree to that sort of thing and has to stay quiet or can face consequences. AEG/GV/Coachella have done this for years and thats why it got to the point where Coachella announces right after the new year so that everyone else can get their line ups out. So now its just getting interesting because Primavera has about 99% of their line up announced and we can be seeing a shift in that policy or its just an exception due to covid. And yeah, with Metallica its not known if Hellfest had dibs and Mad Cool just doesnt care about that with their game. They could have easily just made Metallica immune to this and made it easier on everyone.

5 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Are they? I have heard Live Nation thrown around in terms of MC but never seen them officially connected. Also not mentioned on Live Nations website (though Rock am Ring/Rock im Park aren't either and theyre definetly Live Nation).

Live Nation is involved 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

So it's looking like M tonight? 

Outside chance of my chemical romance? They have rearranged their tour so may be including a few festival dates. 

B is ahead currently, which doesn't do much for the headliners but would pick off a few undercard acts. 

Outside chance of Paul McCartney? Just based on what Ken said in the Werchter forums about him being active.

The Killers were his main support at TW Classic too

Going to be devastated when it’s Imagine Dragons now haha

Edit: Scratch that, just realised there’s no T. Ah well

Edited by 49Lawson

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Not really my cup of tea, but damn. That's stacked. And even three names missing, of which Billie Eilish, Nine Inch Nails and Red Hot Chili Peppers have a good shout.

EDIT: Although all three of them would be first in line. Not last.

I think Billie could easily go in front of Imagine Dragons.