Mad Cool Festival 2022

qz3

41 minutes ago, WFD said:

Good work. Frank Carter is on the Wednesday, below Wolf Alice (the small Ts are The Rattlesnakes).

But what about the big T under Alice? There is no separation dot. And where is the T for „the“ in Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes?

23 minutes ago, Kusy said:

Yeah, it looks like the last three days are missing a headliner. Would love that trio! 

Would love that too, but NIN weren‘t head the last time around.

What makes me wonder in general: Can Mad Cool announce Metallica and NIN on Wednesday? Thought Hellfest would have dibs on them, won‘t they?

11 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

And there was me thinking they headlined it. Guess that means there’s still a chance they’ll be in the undercard this year then, or is there no logical space for them?

edit: actually if the poster mock-up on the last page is right there’s probably no room for them, unless they’ve been given a bump up this year.

Edited by FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

But what about the big T under Alice? There is no separation dot. And where is the T for „the“ in Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes?

What makes me wonder in general: Can Mad Cool announce Metallica and NIN on Wednesday? Thought Hellfest would have dibs on them, won‘t they?

Have they simply messed it up already? Looking at the old poster, that's 99.9% Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, but they've got the bigger T in the wrong place. It's the same place as FCatR in the poster, the little Ts are the same, and they're the only band that had the name in a small font.

It suggests that they're not doing it accurately, so others could be wonky too 🙂

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And there was me thinking they headlined it. Guess that means there’s still a chance they’ll be in the undercard this year then, or is there no logical space for them?

edit: actually if the poster mock-up on the last page is right there’s probably no room for them, unless they’ve been given a bump up this year.

What about the first two slots second line on the 9th? Already taken?

10 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

What about the first two slots second line on the 9th? Already taken?

Not sure if they’d fit but guess it’s a possibility. NIN below Pixies (if that’s right) seems a bit mad to me though, unless Pixies are for some reason still huge there?

36 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Have they simply messed it up already? Looking at the old poster, that's 99.9% Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, but they've got the bigger T in the wrong place. It's the same place as FCatR in the poster, the little Ts are the same, and they're the only band that had the name in a small font.

It suggests that they're not doing it accurately, so others could be wonky too 🙂

It looks different on the poster they revealed on Friday (where there is a big T just before the small ones, with appropriate space for the ER), looks like they have moved something accidentally when doing the second reveal

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if they’d fit but guess it’s a possibility. NIN below Pixies (if that’s right) seems a bit mad to me though, unless Pixies are for some reason still huge there?

Yeah, you are right. To be fair, the Saturday 2018 was extremely strong and this might be the only reason they weren‘t headliner. So maybe they were lifted up this tome and are one of the three missing headliners.

Just now, WFD said:

It looks different on the poster they revealed on Friday (where there is a big T just before the small ones, with appropriate space for the ER), looks like they have moved something accidentally when doing the second reveal

Oh. You are right. Second poster differs from the first one. Damn you photoshop guy.

12 minutes ago, WFD said:

Someone joked on social media about how they felt sorry for the person doing it. I assumed they would just have the poster done, with the text hidden, and it's a simple find and replace to make it show up.

Looks like they're doing it the hard way!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Pixies are supporting NIN in US, would be strange if order would be different in Europe 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, ThomasP said:

One of the smaller boxes could be Haim? Also I’d really love to see royal blood make it over from last year. 

This is overlooked - what logic do we have for Muse other than they fit in that gap?  There isn't an obvious slot for Haim on the second lines so maybe they've been moved up?  They are a stretch for being a first named headliner but there is another being added that day. 

19 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

None. He cannot be a headliner and is just set to play in Valencia at Big Sound on the same dates

Well, he'll only play one of the three dates, right? Also he's "El Madrileño" so the local bonus would lift him up easily, wouldn't be suprised if it was him. Metallica would be a good fit, but judging from the 2020/2021 line Up, what else would there be for their fans (excpet Deftonesand FNM maybe)?