EUROVISION 2021

Nikky

3 minutes ago, Nikky said:

I meant, Cyprus tonight lol

I also liked Lithuania. 

My apologies. there's me thinking it was all about me again!

I did have to look up the little emoji type thing and noticed that it represented the flag for cyprus, but hadn't got a clue what it was referring to. I get like that after having had a smoke. I sort of lose things but gain other things.

Anyway, i haven't seen any of the semi finals but will be watching the final, which I recently established is on at 8pm this Saturday. 

Get your boa's out girls, this is it!

I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof with excitement.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, nban2010 said:

To be fair, it's a strong year this year, plenty of contenders:

Italy and Switzerland and France bringing the more strong "credible" options.

Italy is great! They remind me of some band, not sure which? 

29 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Iceland are for me a one trick pony, they've basically tried to submit the same song. Not sure whether it will ride the wave of enthusiasm to a win like it could have done last year. 

Tbh I actually really like Ukraine, proper Eurovision bonkers. 

https://youtu.be/fV4EKm5lkVk

Iceland are not in the same league of bad for self-repeating as Azerbaijan, who even give it away in their lyrics - this year's entry Mata Hari aprominently includes a line "just like Cleopatra", the title of the, very similar sounding, track she was scheduled to perform last year.

And I love that Ukraine effort, properly bizarre.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is a fab photo. If i ever get back over with my wife, I shall attempt to get there and recreate your photo with my wife. Its probably the law now for any visitors to Lackareagh. And so it should be.

I shit you not, that was taken on our honeymoon. We did the “Ted Tour” where a woman gives you a little tour of the locations in her car. We saw the pub with all the Chinese people in, the very dark caves and the leisure centre where the all priests over 75’s football match took place.

The hotel we stayed in while in Ennistimon had the waterfalls out the back where the My Lovely Horse video was shot.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I shit you not, that was taken on our honeymoon. We did the “Ted Tour” where a woman gives you a little tour of the locations in her car. We saw the pub with all the Chinese people in, the very dark caves and the leisure centre where the all priests over 75’s football match took place.

The hotel we stayed in while in Ennistimon had the waterfalls out the back where the My Lovely Horse video was shot.

Hello Hugh Jass,

I've got to admit that I'm not over familiar with the comedy Farmer Ted. I have seen bits of it, but there are, I suspect, a lot of episodes that I'll not have seen. However, the bits I do know about / have seen have all been funny. Not side splittingly so, but funny enough to be classed as funny in the first place. 

I'd like to do a tour of Ireland one day with my wife in our campervan. If this ever becomes a thing (and it might, but way into the future a bit - if the fucking Good Lord above allows it, that is). 

I have actually done a tour of Ireland before. I could write a book on that holiday which would be a factual book, although there would be many that would consider it fiction. I'd like to say that it all started with me (the driver) getting so pissed and stoned on the ferry over to Ireland, that I rendered myself unable to stand up straight and couldn't even think of driving the car off the ferry when we got there. However, the whole story begins way before then. Maybe one day I'll write that story.

PS - I have taken my wife to Ireland before. It was to take my then girlfriend over and propose to her ie, she said yes and is now my wife. I proposed on an island off Ireland. The location where my dad was born and a very short distance to where my mom was born. Many will have seen some of the area as it's where some parts of a Star Wars film was shot. 

Sorry for the ramble. I had a wee afternoon smoke earlier, and I've gone into 'that' mode.

6 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I'm just here to say that I thought Ukraine was terrifying but in a good way and that the UK effort is a proper banger, if only we could just submit the video and not do live staging.

I saw our staging and it's so disappointing that they've done that. An alright song let down by crap staging and, based on rehearsal footage, an act with the stage presence of a dead cow.

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

As a Father Ted fanatic, I am so jealous,  was there really a drain cover just behind the gate where the Bishop stood and got a jet of water up his cassock? 😄

You weren’t allowed past the gate. There’s a family living there who don’t take too kindly to people constantly knocking on their doors.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You weren’t allowed past the gate. There’s a family living there who don’t take too kindly to people constantly knocking on their doors.

I don't know either way, but there's an article that indicated that they were cashing in on it, but closed due to covid. I've only just read the article because I was searching in that area for another bit of information*

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/father-teds-house-irelands-most-22573443

* Sure wasn't it the heart that killed the McCormacks!?

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

PS - I have taken my wife to Ireland before. It was to take my then girlfriend over and propose to her ie, she said yes and is now my wife. I proposed on an island off Ireland.

Had to re-read that as I first thought you had taken your wife and girlfriend to Ireland to propose to her and that you now had two wives.

I now understand.

• Upvote 1