Jump to content

Download 2023


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jump said:

Honest question, when did it become okay to like Limp Bizkit? I never really cared for them at their peak or their comeback besides the odd song which I thought was dumb but fun, however the last few years people have started actually liking them without the irony. Me and some mates saw them at the co-headline Wembley show with KoRn and I was the only one in the group who viewed it as a KoRn show with Limp Bizkit supporting with the others very eager to see Limp Bizkit.

It definitely started after their 2009 comeback and it just seems like it‘s become more and more common place to actually admit to liking Bizkit again year on year. Nu Metal’s resurgence in general was always going to happen. People seem to look back on it way more fondly now that the bands they like / the bands coming up talk about that time period with reverence (of course they’re going to, it’s what they grew up with). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

NIN are Hellfest exclusive but yes i would love to see a festival with BMTH, A7X and Metallica headlining with bands like Faith No More, FFDP and Judas Priest on the undercard 

 

about Limp Bizkit, they aren't big in their own shows but i think they could be a nice sub because they draw huge crowds at festivals and they are becoming a nostalgia act at this point

That's the thing with Download though. Those 3 subs wouldn't be odd bookings for Download. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BMTH is the only band I can think of when I think of "fresh new headliners". They have a diverse catalog of songs and the right "oomph" for the festival. Headlining Friday especially to give a "Let's get this party started" vibe for the rest of the weekend.

Bands like Korn, Alter Bridge etc theoretically could headline, but the sheer amount of times they've played would make me think they're a last resort replacement for a bigger band.

 

And I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I don't think Ghost, Parkway Drive, ADTR, FFDP, Architects are quite there yet. Future headliners depending on circumstances? Absolutely. But 2023 is too soon I feel. Out of them all I feel Ghost could step up the quickest. And we're living in bizarro land if Architects headline Download before BMTH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If AEG are looking to put on something to rival Download then next year is the time to do it. Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Five Finger Death Punch, NIN, Limp Bizkit just to name a few are all around and not doing Download/any uk fests.

The problem is, as Sonisphere showed, it's not sustainable to have two large heavy/metal festivals in the UK. 

Sonisphere wasn't being run by a mega corporation like AEG though. It's simple capitalism I think, AEG are in constant battle with Livenation so if they see a chance to make money from the rock/metal festival scene I think there'll take it. Worth noting AEG clashed the original Rammstein Cardiff date with Download and previously clashed the Black Sabbath BTS day with the Friday of Sonisphere. I don't approve of those tactics just stating what happened.

Livenation I think are Knotfest so Slipknot I expect wouldn't do an AEG fest and instead try for UK Knotfest again mind, so potentially could see that next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, jump said:

Honest question, when did it become okay to like Limp Bizkit? I never really cared for them at their peak or their comeback besides the odd song which I thought was dumb but fun, however the last few years people have started actually liking them without the irony. Me and some mates saw them at the co-headline Wembley show with KoRn and I was the only one in the group who viewed it as a KoRn show with Limp Bizkit supporting with the others very eager to see Limp Bizkit.

Nostalgia factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Aging, drugs and alcohol haven't been at all.

Drugs and alcohol aren't rock n roll! All the sugar from a glass of juice is the only rush I need.  😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

BMTH / Architects / Yungblud / Black Veil Brides

Zippo: Trivium / Meshuggah

Metallica / Judas Priest / Sabaton / Jinjer

Zippo: No Doubt / NOFX

MCR / ADTR / Don Broco / While She Sleeps

Zippo: Limp Bizkit / Creeper

Edited by beetchez
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just have a gut feeling its going to be Metallica, MCR, Slipknot/SOAD. I think each of them would go down great. Slipknot/SOAD are bread and butter for DL, Metallica are as big as they come and MCR would be treated like kings whereas they'd flop at R&L.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Just have a gut feeling its going to be Metallica, MCR, Slipknot/SOAD. I think each of them would go down great. Slipknot/SOAD are bread and butter for DL, Metallica are as big as they come and MCR would be treated like kings whereas they'd flop at R&L.

 

I’d say MCR would be a massice booking for either, I know what you mean about R&L but day tickets would sell out crazy fast for an MCR-headlined rock/pop punk day, even in the current climate, especially if there’s no Glasgow outdoor gig or arena tour between now and summer 2023. Very interested to know what MCR have planned after the MK gigs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 1:05 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

I’d say MCR would be a massice booking for either, I know what you mean about R&L but day tickets would sell out crazy fast for an MCR-headlined rock/pop punk day, even in the current climate, especially if there’s no Glasgow outdoor gig or arena tour between now and summer 2023. Very interested to know what MCR have planned after the MK gigs

Never been R/L but I'd go (solo) for MCR if they played there again. In 2011 I was still 'new' to live music so I stuck to my own city. Then two years later they broke up.

Still, i'd much prefer them at Download. Geographical convenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, beetchez said:

Never been R/L but I'd go (solo) for MCR if they played there again. In 2011 I was still 'new' to live music so I stuck to my own city. Then two years later they broke up.

Still, i'd much prefer them at Download. Geographical convenience.

There'll be countless people who didn't see them before they split. They'd get a heroes welcome wherever they played but I think they'd get a more genuine crowd at DL for want of a better word, half the crowd at R&L this year were there to cause trouble. If MCR did Leeds though it'd be as convenient as it gets for me, I live two miles away so it took me 40 minutes door to tent this year 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda wish I took MCR more seriosuly back in the day, they have grown on me a bit since then. I knew a few songs which I kinda liked and I saw them at least once at a fest but my focus was really on the beer I was drinking at the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ghost have to headline the next time they play. Forget all of this having to sub ‘x’ amount of times bollocks some people seem to expect of future headliners. Strike whilst the iron is hot and the Ghost machine starting back up again is going to generate a whole load of buzz. 
 

Big US arena tour announced already, big UK arena tour in 2022 (I should think) and then headlining Download 2023 is what needs to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...