Jump to content

Download 2023


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Porcupine Tree are back tbf wouldn't be a bad shout. Steven Wilson is a massive nob though so wouldn't count on it. 

I'd be keen but didn't they go down like a lead balloon in 2010? Only what I heard, I was at Motorhead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I'd be keen but didn't they go down like a lead balloon in 2010? Only what I heard, I was at Motorhead

Sometimes time is a good thing, MCR got bottled last time they headlined but would probably go down well this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Hopefully Bloodmoon changes that for Converge, and IMO Andy would be insane to not at least try and get Turnstile. They'd be great 2nd stage or absolutely pack out a tent

I don't think Bloodmoon will continue after the Summer. Their Damnation Festival isn't advertised as one. It's a thing they do like once every 5 years and Turnstile would be a great booking but I reckon they've already been booked for Slam Dunk next year in a high slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

I'd be keen but didn't they go down like a lead balloon in 2010? Only what I heard, I was at Motorhead

It was absolutely chucking it down during their set in 2010. So can't really judge (personally I enjoyed it). 

Edited by Spiral_Low
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

It was absolutely chucking it down during their set in 2010. So can't really judge (personally I enjoyed it). 

Aye I remember spending a lot of that day in the rain, but you notice less when you're all bopping about like a maniac at Motorhead. Weather caught up with me partway through Stone Sour later and I was just too drenched to enjoy any more, went back 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Aye I remember spending a lot of that day in the rain, but you notice less when you're all bopping about like a maniac at Motorhead. Weather caught up with me partway through Stone Sour later and I was just too drenched to enjoy any more, went back 🤣

I got soaked to the bone haha it was horrendous. Now I have an actual decent poncho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Metallica headlining two nights, BMTH headlining with Architects subbing and another new headliner. 

After finally warming up to the idea of seeing Metallica again after getting fed up of so many years of them just being at every fest I went to them doing two nights will kill my buzz for them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just thinking about how powerful the last few years lineups could have been with a 4th headliner added

 

2017: LINKIN PARK - SYSTEM OF A DOWN - BIFFY CLYRO - AEROSMITH

2018: FOO FIGHTERS - AVENGED SEVENFOLD - GUNS N'ROSES - OZZY OSBOURNE

2019: BRING ME THE HORIZON - DEF LEPPARD - SLIPKNOT - TOOL

2022: METALLICA - KISS - IRON MAIDEN - BIFFY CLYRO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is Metallica doing 2 nights, it's hard to see anyone other than Slipknot being another headliner. Unless they do their own Knotfest UK then with a new album coming history shows they're be at Download. For the last headliner, SOAD are the most obvious I think because of previous booking not happening due to covid. If it's not one of those 2 then RATM and Rammstein are 2 other bands that are touring this year who seem like they would tour next year. 

I know people want a 'new headliner' but I think we'll see a couple potentials as Sub. Probably Ghost. Maybe Sabaton? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

If it is Metallica doing 2 nights, it's hard to see anyone other than Slipknot being another headliner. Unless they do their own Knotfest UK then with a new album coming history shows they're be at Download. For the last headliner, SOAD are the most obvious I think because of previous booking not happening due to covid. If it's not one of those 2 then RATM and Rammstein are 2 other bands that are touring this year who seem like they would tour next year. 

I know people want a 'new headliner' but I think we'll see a couple potentials as Sub. Probably Ghost. Maybe Sabaton? 

The same rumour of it is Metallica x2 has the other headliner being Bring Me and there's either a new weak headliner or a very big sub but it's not Ghost. So there might be a Slipknot or Rammstein and this other band is subbing.

I wouldn't say the likes of Alter Bridge, Sabaton or Gojira would be a big sub as they are pretty standard subs imo so thinking outside the box I'm just gonna spit out names on who the 4th is could be even if some are shit/unlikely that I could see as weak headliner/strong sub. There's Nine Inch Nails, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182, Deep Purple, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, Royal Blood, Thirty Seconds To Mars and anyone else?

Shit, it's gonna be Deep Purple isn't it?

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Where has this rumour of Metallica doing 2 nights and BMTH come from?

Bmth is wishful thinking assuming they can bump someone up if they have. I have no hopes now it seems like tallica is doing 2 nights.  

 

Someone heard that apparently one of the headliners is playing twice so everyone jumped on tallica. 

They could mess this up by going 

Metallica / Leppard/metallica/ozzy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeeeeah I'll believe that when I see it. I'm not sure a double headliner is gonna help shift £300+ tickets even if it is Metallica.

If they really did play twice, it'd probably be two shorter shows and one of them would be Kill 'Em All in full + a few others. Rather they do one huge KEA + hits catalogue set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeeeeah I'll believe that when I see it. I'm not sure a double headliner is gonna help shift £300+ tickets even if it is Metallica.

If they really did play twice, it'd probably be two shorter shows and one of them would be Kill 'Em All in full + a few others. Rather they do one huge KEA + hits catalogue set.

It’ll be what they’ve been doing in America. Two different full headline length sets. Metallica making their return after 11 years will shift a tonne of tickets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Bmth is wishful thinking assuming they can bump someone up if they have. I have no hopes now it seems like tallica is doing 2 nights.  

 

Someone heard that apparently one of the headliners is playing twice so everyone jumped on tallica. 

They could mess this up by going 

Metallica / Leppard/metallica/ozzy 

I find the idea of Metallica playing twice a bit messed up to be honest. I like them enough and I'm sure people will be happy with them as it is 'tallica afterall but there's only really 4-6 good albums from them and there aren't many deep cuts I want to hear to justify two full sets. With Download seemingly not wanting bands playing at the same time as the headliners I'm finding it a downer prospect after getting into the idea of a 4 day Download.

Metallica - Deep Purple - Bring Me - Metallica you've been warned! 😜

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’ll be what they’ve been doing in America. Two different full headline length sets. Metallica making their return after 11 years will shift a tonne of tickets. 

Yeah late last year, not done the same since. We'll see I guess, it wouldn't put me off going but it'd still be a bit of a bummer. Especially if it follows the 2022 format and there's no alternative.

Seeing them for the first time in a few weeks, it'll be a laugh if I discover I don't even like them live! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea of Metallica playing twice is kinda disappointing, ngl. Hell, I’d even go as far as saying I’d prefer to not see them on the lineup to free up a space for another bucket list band, but that’s only because I’m already seeing them this year. The idea of Deep Purple though is something I could get behind. BMTH is perfect because the audience that listens to them is much more varied than say Ghost or Gojira, something which Download needs. Variety in all forms is good and as soon as Copping, and the dinosaurs that worship him, realise the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah late last year, not done the same since. We'll see I guess, it wouldn't put me off going but it'd still be a bit of a bummer. Especially if it follows the 2022 format and there's no alternative.

Seeing them for the first time in a few weeks, it'll be a laugh if I discover I don't even like them live! 

I wouldn't worry too much, 'tallica are decent live so you will enjoy the show. Where are you seeing them?

They are tad overplayed for my own taste. It's them and Foo Fighters where I had a long run of them being at every festival I went to, if I was a bigger fan of those two I'd probably be happy seeing them every other year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jump said:

I wouldn't worry too much, 'tallica are decent live so you will enjoy the show. Where are you seeing them?

Rock Werchter, seen enough live clips to feel confident in a good show for a first timer. Never seen Pearl Jam either so while that RW lineup is very stale for some it's awesome for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really would be disappointed to see Metallica be playing twice, I've seen them 4 times and by request once as well, not to say I don't enjoy them but I think it's a bit of a lazy booking.

Would genuinely rather see Rammstein or Slipknot twice as they are still actually very good live. 

The better option is to just not book the same band at all and just have 4 different people playing, variety is the spice of life after all. 

Edited by Xeph1995
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Rock Werchter, seen enough live clips to feel confident in a good show for a first timer. Never seen Pearl Jam either so while that RW lineup is very stale for some it's awesome for me.

Just make sure to avoid The Red Hot Chili Peppers when you're there!

I probably would have seen 'tallica again at Hellfest but those tixs sold out super quick, I joined the queue on the dot and I was like the 100k person in line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...