Jump to content

Download 2023


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That's the thing, it'll always look weak until they pull the trigger and just do it, same with new full headliners. 

Even as a Deftones fan I can admit that their open air shows aren't as good as indoor and even then they're a better studio band - but Korn seem to consistently knock it out and a back2back of the two given 1:30 each would be great. 

Yeah, I'm not keen on seeing Deftones at a festival anymore as they are always abit meh on a mainstage but I'd happily see them at their own show. I really wanted to get tixs for their London show but my fucking sister wanted N-Dubz tixs that were on sale at the same time which took too much of focus away so I missed out.

Also I forgot to add Prodigy earlier as another band that were bumped to headliner after they kept getting insane crowds at Download.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The sound for Deftones this past weekend was dire. It really diminished their set. 

Once your KISS, Maiden and Def Leps clear off, DL will just rely on Slipknot, SOAD and A7X even more than they already do.

Yeah I'd heard the sound was dreadful, can't have done them any favours. Just checked the setlist and was shocked to see only 2 White Pony tracks. Throw a Passenger in there with the Korn dude on guest vocals and the full Pink Maggit and you've got a 90 minute set that also gives Chino a breather between the screamy songs. 

And even once the fossils clear off, I don't know how long Corey has left in him to perform that stuff live. Seeing them in 2019 vs 2013 was quite a difference even though both shows were great. The dude's nearly 50, he can't keep that up forever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pendulum would be a great second stage headliner again now they are back playing as a band, their set last time at Download 2011 was insane, one of the best Download crowds I've been in. 

Edited by Xeph1995
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Pendulum would be a great second stage headliner again now they are back playing as a band, their set last time at Download 2011 was insane, one of the best Download crowds I've been in. 

Yeah this was up there with my favourite sets of all time at any festival/gig. Can't believe it was 11 years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screw it, pulled the trigger on regular 5 nights for my and my mrs. Those tickets are gonna be £300+ on general sale for 4 nights of music, worth it to save at least 50 squids. 

20th anniversary, maybe our last for a while, 4 days, guaranteed no Kiss/Maiden/Biffy... it'll be worth it. Shit, might even rent a campervan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Screw it, pulled the trigger on regular 5 nights for my and my mrs. Those tickets are gonna be £300+ on general sale for 4 nights of music, worth it to save at least 50 squids. 

20th anniversary, maybe our last for a while, 4 days, guaranteed no Kiss/Maiden/Biffy... it'll be worth it. Shit, might even rent a campervan. 

You're gonna be so pissed when it's Def Leppard, Guns n Roses Buckethead reunion, Metallica playing St Anger in full for the 20th anniversary and last legs Ozzy! 😜

Although I do hope Ozzy gets better as he's hospital at the moment but christ he should have retired by now.

 

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jump said:

You're gonna be so pissed when it's Def Leppard, Guns n Roses Buckerhead reunion, Metallica playing St Anger in full for the 10th anniversary and last legs Ozzy! 😜

 

Mate, don't 😂 we'll make it work, I dunno how the Covid insurance works but maybe if we keep a couple of our positive LFTs in an envelope.... 

In fairness I've never actually seen GNR or Ozzy live, because I'm not that arsed, but I guess they would still be "two for the books".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Mate, don't 😂 we'll make it work, I dunno how the Covid insurance works but maybe if we keep a couple of our positive LFTs in an envelope.... 

In fairness I've never actually seen GNR or Ozzy live, because I'm not that arsed, but I guess they would still be "two for the books".

I'm seeing Guns n Roses at their London show next month. I saw them when was it just Axel which was the usual coming on late shit so I wasn't fussed about see them ever again but my mate has had tickets for the original line up for years now. However his missus has broken up with him since so I said I will take her tix to try and cheer him up. I'm thinking of buying a KFC bucket and a mask so I can dress as Buckethead to embarrasses him when we go as he's proper Guns n Roses/Slash fan.

Ozzy fucking hell he's gone down hill. I saw him at Ozzfest at The O2 10ish years ago (that was a great line up with KoRn, Skindred, Murderdolls and a few others) and he was alright that night but he's too painful to watch now.

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jump said:

Ozzy fucking hell he's gone down hill. I saw him at Ozzfest at The O2 10ish years ago (that was a great line up with KoRn, Skindred, Murderdolls and a few others) and he was alright that night but he's too painful to watch now.

Yeah I'm kinda banking on him not being one of the 4 honestly, I just don't care in 2022(3). Only other acts I really don't wanna see on there are A7X and Def Leppard, I can squeeze some kind of enjoyment out of mostly anyone else

Faith No More to headline 2nd, if I just keep saying it, I can manifest it into reality 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

That's the thing, it'll always look weak until they pull the trigger and just do it, same with new full headliners. 

Even as a Deftones fan I can admit that their open air shows aren't as good as indoor and even then they're a better studio band - but Korn seem to consistently knock it out and a back2back of the two given 1:30 each would be great. 

I think for Korn it needed to be done years ago. I honestly didn't enjoy Korn but gave them a go. Didn't expect to like it to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, thewayiam said:

I think The Offspring, FNM and Pendulum to headline second stage. I'm not sure Thursday will have ywo big stages open and I doubt they've got the bands to pull a 4th Avalanche day, they struggle doing it with 3.

I'd be very happy with those 3. Or Halestorm, Parkway, Shikari, ADTR, NOFX, Judas Priest, Motley Crue... I think I'm just gagging for a heavy festival at this point..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think for Korn it needed to be done years ago. I honestly didn't enjoy Korn but gave them a go. Didn't expect to like it to be honest. 

Well yeah, you don't like metal so Download really shouldn't book to your taste anyway otherwise it would be filled with shit like Alestorm! 😜

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm seeing Guns n Roses at their London show next month. I saw them when was it just Axel which was the usual coming on late shit so I wasn't fussed about see them ever again but my mate has had tickets for the original line up for years now. However his missus has broken up with him since so I said I will take her tix to try and cheer him up. I'm thinking of buying a KFC bucket and a mask so I can dress as Buckethead to embarrasses him when we go as he's proper Guns n Roses/Slash fan.

Ozzy fucking hell he's gone down hill. I saw him at Ozzfest at The O2 10ish years ago (that was a great line up with KoRn, Skindred, Murderdolls and a few others) and he was alright that night but he's too painful to watch now.

That’s what I did last Halloween. Staff gave me the bucket for nothing when I bought some food and the mask cost £3. Go for it! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

IjPjno2.jpg

Looks great, I'd be spoiled for choice every day. Between mine and my mrs' tastes we'd watch a run of Turnstile > BFS > Perturbator over AC/DC if the schedule allowed it.

Poor Feeder being 8th down though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

IjPjno2.jpg

IMO Greta Van Fleet are too low as they have sold out Ally Pally, Feeder (whilst should have never headline and have dropped off) are too big to be opening the mainstage and Wet Leg are just WTF are they even doing there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

IjPjno2.jpg

Not too bad. Not sure having Green Day and MCR is something they’d go for. Swap one of them out for Metallica (though that may be too strong of a headline set). Idles aren’t at sun level just yet (certainly not at Download). Love the inclusion of bands like Wet Leg, The Chats, Fartherson and Feeder. Download really need to book more alt bands tbat R&L overlook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also get Malevolence, Knocked Loose and Loathe pushed up further. 

Cypress Hill is the Download booking I didn't think I wanted until now, don't know how well the cloud of smoke would go down with the nerds at Download but people were generally cool in 2019.

Evanescence is a low-key hope, was a big fan as a teenager and never caught them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I'd be very happy with those 3. Or Halestorm, Parkway, Shikari, ADTR, NOFX, Judas Priest, Motley Crue... I think I'm just gagging for a heavy festival at this point..

NOFX I think are very likely to return to Slam Dunk

49 minutes ago, jump said:

Well yeah, you don't like metal so Download really shouldn't book to your taste anyway otherwise it would be filled with shit like Alestorm! 😜

I don't like you butt I still put up with you when needs must!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

IjPjno2.jpg

Converge haven't played since 2013 despite often being in Europe around Download so I can't see them ever returning and I just have the feeling that Turnstile will just alternate between Outbreak and Slam Dunk every other year from now on (and 2000trees every year as well it seems).

Edited by justanothername
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Converge haven't played since 2013 despite often being in Europe around Download so I can't see them ever returning and I just have the feeling that Turnstile will just alternate between Outbreak and Slam Dunk every other year from now on (and 2000trees every year as well it seems).

Hopefully Bloodmoon changes that for Converge, and IMO Andy would be insane to not at least try and get Turnstile. They'd be great 2nd stage or absolutely pack out a tent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...